News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Ben Daglish has passed away

Started by Vyper68, 09:50, 04 October 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyper68

Hi all, Just seen this and I cannot believe it. Ben Daglish has passed away and he was only 52. He did a lot of chip music for Speccy and Amstrad games so we have all heard some of his work at some point or other.
Sad times.
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

Widukind

Thanks for this sad information.

Cancer again. I've lost some close friends to cancer. It's a terrible illness.

Years ago we retro fans already lost another fine musician, Richard Joseph.

Now Ben Daglish: may he rest in peace.

AMSDOS

I remember him sadly for a below-par game which had this incredible tune, AA reviewed that of course and acknowledge the tune as the standout.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

ervin

Whenever one of our heroes passes away, it always seems to hurt more and more...
And it makes me feel old as well.
:'(

VincentGR

Saw that yesterday but had no time to post it.
Sad news indeed.

Vyper68

Quote from: VincentGR on 14:07, 04 October 18
Saw that yesterday but had no time to post it.
Sad news indeed.
I just saw this today when I checked in on IndieRetro. It's very sad he was only two years older than me so it makes you think about things. That damned Cancer has taken too many of my family,friends and heroes even with today's improvements in treatment it's just not fair.
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Scarlettkitten

Having recently lost my wife to cancer it's something very close to my heart <3 

I enjoyed chatting to him when I saw him the other month and may he rest in peace <3
Sophie Rose:- My musical works https://soundcloud.com/sophierosemusics

Targhan

Listening to Masters of the Universe and Motor Massacre. Such great tunes.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

MaV

When someone like Charles Aznavour dies of old age (94), that's sad news but at least there's consolation in that he's lived a full life.

When a guy like Ben Daglish dies much too early at age 52, someone who is close your own age (as are most other users in this forum), that news kicks you hard in the groin.

Rest in peace! Your music will not be forgotten!
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Carnivius

Yeah, way too young and he was a very talented 8-bit computer music composer.  Some of my fave ever game tunes come from games such as Switchblade, Dark Fusion and Death Wish 3 which he did.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Skunkfish

Really sad news, my thoughts go out to his his family and friends .The Deflector theme tune is probably my favourite videogame composition of all time...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

TomEtJerry

I can't believe it  :'( . Ben Daglish was one of my favourite CPC composers. He is the first one who has used hardware shapes in CPC music, these sounds were for me just incredible :-). In the past, I have "stolen" some of his titles (Switchblade, The real stunt experts, Venom strikes back) for cractkros.

Ironicaly, I am looking every morning since two weeks this video. The first part is really great and gives me strength to go to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61RyvkeO2g0

Thanks for all Ben, we will not forget you  !