General Category > News & Events

Colour Personal Computing Fanzine - The difficult third issue is here!

(1/9) > >>

Skunkfish:
Good afternoon folks!

Roughly two years later than planned, the third issue of Colour Personal Computing fanzine is now completed and going through one final proof read before being sent to the printers at the end of the week.

The plan is to then post out to subscribers on the 14th-15th July and to those purchasing the fanzine now from the 16th.

It is the biggest issue yet, leading with a feature on Hi-Tec Software (that's been four years in the making!) and featuring reviews of titles such as The Dawn of Kernel, Ghosts 'n' Goblins, Pinball Dreams and many more. We'll also be taking a look at the USIfAC Serial Interface and 8-bit Memoirs Issue 1.

We have also revamped our website: www.cpcfanzine.com has now become www.cpcstore.co.uk (see my flashy new avatar) and we'll be selling some bits & bobs of interest to CPC users alongside issues of the fanzine.

We will only be offering single issues going forwards, due to the somewhat sporadic nature of issues being released (although we are looking to improve on this!). You can pre-order the fanzine now for dispatch on the 16th July if you're interested. If you're not sure if it's your cup of tea, you can get PDF's of the first two issues for free from our website.

If any of you have subscribed to the fanzine and are unsure if we have your correct address details on file, please contact me via PM.

I will also be contacting all subscribers over the next couple of days by e-mail.

Thanks for your time,

James.

Gryzor:
Ha! I was actually wondering this last weekend!!

I don't remember if I am a subscriber or not... I think I am? :D

Skunkfish:

--- Quote from: Gryzor on 16:03, 01 July 20 ---I don't remember if I am a subscriber or not... I think I am? :D

--- End quote ---
My dusty spreadsheets tell me that you backed the last Kickstarter campaign for Issue 2 with the limited edition colour Issue 1.
So no subscription I'm afraid!
Also, anyone feel free to PM me with your 'do I have a a subscription?' questions...

reidrac:
Sorry to be "that guy" but I'd love to use PayPal. No offence, but I don't like entering my CC details on random online shops.

EDIT: OK, I see the shop is managed by Square.

Skunkfish:
The checkout page is the only one which doesn't have the Square logo emblazoned all over it, which is annoying as that's the one page where I'd really like it to show that it's a secure payment gateway!

I'm using Square because they offer a free online store via Weebly, and their payment gateway is very reasonable at 2.5%.

I'd love to take PayPal (personally, I rarely shop on sites that don't take it!), but it means moving to Square's £19/month package and then paying Paypal's higher fees. I may do it anyway, but I'm trying to keep costs low as fanzine sales are shall we say... sporadic.

That's the main reason I'm selling some other kit on the site now. The previous site was hosted by GoDaddy and I paid £500+ over a couple of years just to keep that up!
Not a smart idea of mine for a fanzine which only releases once in a blue moon! (although, that of course was not the intention)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version