News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Club (CPC Whatsapp Group)

Started by DoctorCPC, 21:46, 06 June 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: mr_lou on 08:48, 09 June 21
Well it may vary from country to country of course, but here in Denmark everyone just pays a quarterly fee, and then has unlimited messages - including MMS.
At least it's still possible to send MMS. It's still the only method I use for sending pictures.

Problem is depending on the country or network, the person on the other side might get charged for receiving them.
Between blu-ray and MMS, you really are stuck in a 2006 time warp.  :laugh: :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

eto

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 09:11, 09 June 21the person on the other side might get charged for receiving them

In Germany MMS is dead. Receiving them is free but sending them costs 30-39Cents per MMS. Or in other words: For the equivalent of 13-15 MMS (around 4MB) I can also get 250-500x data volume which can be used for lots of other things too.

mr_lou

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 09:11, 09 June 21Between blu-ray and MMS, you really are stuck in a 2006 time warp.  :laugh: :laugh:

You say that as if it's a bad thing.. on a forum chat about a computer from the 80s.... 

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: eto on 09:23, 09 June 21
In Germany MMS is dead. Receiving them is free but sending them costs 30-39Cents per MMS. Or in other words: For the equivalent of 13-15 MMS (around 4MB) I can also get 250-500x data volume which can be used for lots of other things too.

Same here in Ireland. MMS was always overly expensive which is why it died in the water the second Skype, Messenger and other free apps that relied on data. But apparently mr_lou seems to think it's okay to pay over the odds for certain services. ;)

Quote from: mr_lou on 09:27, 09 June 21You say that as if it's a bad thing.. on a forum chat about a computer from the 80s....

There's a world of difference between enjoying games from childhood and flat out refusing to evolve out of stubbornness.  ;)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

mr_lou

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 09:47, 09 June 21But apparently mr_lou seems to think it's okay to pay over the odds for certain services. ;)

There's a world of difference between enjoying games from childhood and flat out refusing to evolve out of stubbornness.  ;)

I'm wondering. Is it possible to post anything here on CPCwiki any longer, without being insulted by you? Last time you compared my life to that of living in the Gaza Strip, because I'm not up when Xyphoe streams. Always personal attacks.

It has come to the point where I'm hesitant to reply to anything here, because I know I'll be met with these kind of replies. This time too. And as usual, here we are. Then I much prefer Discord alternatives.

So @Gryzor, either these personal attacks will stop - today. Or I'm out.

Gryzor

Missed the Gaza post, doesn't sound too sensible or sensitive. But this comment here, not sure it's an insult?

Otto

Quote from: mr_lou on 09:54, 09 June 21
I'm wondering. Is it possible to post anything here on CPCwiki any longer, without being insulted by you?
Unfortunately no, and that's what ignore lists are for. Or moderators.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: mr_lou on 09:54, 09 June 21
I'm wondering. Is it possible to post anything here on CPCwiki any longer, without being insulted by you? Last time you compared my life to that of living in the Gaza Strip, because I'm not up when Xyphoe streams. Always personal attacks.

It has come to the point where I'm hesitant to reply to anything here, because I know I'll be met with these kind of replies. This time too. And as usual, here we are. Then I much prefer Discord alternatives.

So @Gryzor, either these personal attacks will stop - today. Or I'm out.

Seriously?!

The Gaza thing was simply because he starts at 9pm/10pm. We had that conversation over a year ago and you're STILL hanging on to that? I thought we were cool to be honest.
It was intended as a joke. If you're going to take it personal, then maybe the internet is not for you at all.

My comment on the MMS wasn't personal. I stated a fact. MMS is dead technology.

- You asked a question that you didn't understand why people dumped MMS in favour for FB messenger, discord, Whatsapp etc.
- I explained it, mostly cost
- You didn't like the answer

So yeah, that's a personal attack on you. Okaaaaay.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:14, 09 June 21
Missed the Gaza post, doesn't sound too sensible or sensitive. But this comment here, not sure it's an insult?

The Gaza post was a joke because apparently for Mr Lou 9pm/10pm is too late for him and it was implying that he had a curfew and was locked down.
Of course, this was long before most of the world actually WAS locked down!  :laugh:

Gryzor

Eh, 9-10pm is too late for me too and it can be so for a variety of reasons - mainly, that's movie time for me and the missus and not me-watching-retro-vids time, but having to explain myself is not something that's needed. But Gaza is not, I feel, something to joke about under most circumstances...

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:30, 09 June 21
Eh, 9-10pm is too late for me too and it can be so for a variety of reasons - mainly, that's movie time for me and the missus and not me-watching-retro-vids time, but having to explain myself is not something that's needed. But Gaza is not, I feel, something to joke about under most circumstances...

If I'd known the Gaza thing would have been taken too heart, I'd have put my hand up in the air and apologised for that.
But instead, he took his ball and ran off. Nothing I can do about that.

It's one thing choosing one thing over the other, and that's fine. Just don't complain that certain things are on at times that don't suit you either. (Obviously not you @Gryzor) but on that Xyphoe stream thread from almost two years or so ago is where that stemmed from.

Gryzor

Yeah not sure how an offense from 2 years ago could be dredged up; for me Gaza is just not joke material. Let's talk about Gazza instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=422dOIWnjak

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:45, 09 June 21
Yeah not sure how an offense from 2 years ago could be dredged up; for me Gaza is just not joke material. Let's talk about Gazza instead?

Ah Gazza... he'd bring a tear t'the eye...

On this day 25 years ago—Gazza cried some of the most famous tears in  football history as the World Cup dream died | B/R Football | Scoopnest

eto

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: eto on 12:10, 09 June 21Not 2 years ago. 4 months ago. https://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/other-retro/list-of-english-amstrad-cpc-twitch-streamers/msg198050/#msg198050

Thanks for the correction. I'll stand corrected (it does feel a lot longer than four months ago, I'll blame Covid for that).
Also there was no hint of offence taken from him in his response either, so he waits until now to be huffy about it? Kinda convenient really.

eto

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 12:13, 09 June 21Also there was no hint of offence taken from him in his response either

Hard to say it's really an insult, but (seen from a third person perspective and just my personal opinion) it's unnecessary picking on someone and disrespectful. If anyone would ask if my home is like Gaza I would also ignore it, even if I find it way off and absolutely not funny. And if in the next discussion (even if 4 months apart) I would be called stubborn, just based on what I share as personal opinions/thoughts, I would probably reject any further conversation with that person. I wasn't aware that "ignore" is an option, but yes, that would be the right tool for me then. Not because I feel offended but because I think it's a waste of time and energy to deal with attempted offence. Leaving the forum doesn't make sense for me, but then, as it's very, very personal how an offence is experienced, it's his decision and his anger (to some degree) understandable.

Gryzor

Thanks for the link and the correction.

Well, he did offer that 10pm is after bed time which let's face it, is sure to attract a light-hearted comment or two. I honestly don't see that as an insult (though the Gaza thing is still pretty uncomfortable). I try to apply it to me - if someone laughed at me for going to bed at 10pm I'd probably say "yeah, let's see you laughing when you get a toddler". Seriously, I think it's unbelievable we're splitting hair like this.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: eto on 12:28, 09 June 21
Hard to say it's really an insult, but (seen from a third person perspective and just my personal opinion) it's unnecessary picking on someone and disrespectful. If anyone would ask if my home is like Gaza I would also ignore it, even if I find it way off and absolutely not funny. And if in the next discussion (even if 4 months apart) I would be called stubborn, just based on what I share as personal opinions/thoughts, I would probably reject any further conversation with that person. I wasn't aware that "ignore" is an option, but yes, that would be the right tool for me then. Not because I feel offended but because I think it's a waste of time and energy to deal with attempted offence. Leaving the forum doesn't make sense for me, but then, as it's very, very personal how an offence is experienced, it's his decision and his anger (to some degree) understandable.

To be fair, it was hardly picking on the guy. I would have given the same response to anyone saying that time for a stream was too late. But it was meant in jest, hence the two laughing smilies beside it. Were people that blind that they couldn't see this? The Gaza thing you'll either find humour in it or you won't, I'll happily accept that. My humour is dark at best and it's not for everyone. But if he had an issue with that, he honestly needed to raise that at the time and I would have happily thrown my hands up in the air and said "There was no offence indended and I'll apologise for that"

But he didn't. He bottled it for four months and merged it in an unrelated topic. That says a lot more about him than it does about me.
He also has a HUGE problem accepting answers unless they match with the ones in his head.

Absolutely it's his decision to leave (God knows, I've left here before over a lot less!), but he's using a sledgehammer to crack a monkey nut!

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:25, 09 June 21
Thanks for the link and the correction.

Well, he did offer that 10pm is after bed time which let's face it, is sure to attract a light-hearted comment or two. I honestly don't see that as an insult (though the Gaza thing is still pretty uncomfortable). I try to apply it to me - if someone laughed at me for going to bed at 10pm I'd probably say "yeah, let's see you laughing when you get a toddler". Seriously, I think it's unbelievable we're splitting hair like this.

See, you get it!
This is where the whole thing was going. And in the initial thread, I actually thought that's how he took it too. Of course, it was upon further examination that I discovered he waited three months to post a response.

DoctorCPC

This whatsapp group is just for chatting every now and then. otherwise the cpcwiki forum is more than enough for this. To greet each other and always feel the power of CPC.If you are bored and want to chat, we are waiting for you. my english is not perfect. I've just started reading the messages that came in this post one by one.
My Amstrad Products: Amstrad CPC 464, Amstrad CPC 6128, Schneider CPC 6128, Amstrad NC 100, Amstrad HiFi EX330, Amstrad Fidelity CKX100 Music Keyboard, Amstrad Penpad 600, Amstrad Emailer Plus, Amstrad E3 Emailer, Amstrad VCR Programmable Remote Control, Amstrad DVD/Divx Player, Amstrad GT 65, Schneider CTM640

CPC Hardware: USIFACII, M4Wifi, ZMEM, MotherX4, GOTEK, PS2 Mouse Adapter, RSF3 (Soon), DES Mini (Soon)
PCW Hardware: GOTEK, PCWIO, uIDE (Soon), uRTC (Soon)

Editor-In-Chief / ACUC Magazine - Amstrad CPC User Club Magazine (Soon)
www.dizzyradio.com  / Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Amiga and Other Home Computer's Musics
www.cpcuserclub.com / +90 555 498 36 55 for adding WhatsApp Group

Gryzor

Yes, that's fine, I can see the appeal of that and I do discuss CPC (and other retro stuff) on messenger apps. But not in groups, just in person with other guys (often from this forum) :)

DoctorCPC

Gryzor: Can you add me on facebook :)
my facebook: facebook.com/volkanatasever

My Amstrad Products: Amstrad CPC 464, Amstrad CPC 6128, Schneider CPC 6128, Amstrad NC 100, Amstrad HiFi EX330, Amstrad Fidelity CKX100 Music Keyboard, Amstrad Penpad 600, Amstrad Emailer Plus, Amstrad E3 Emailer, Amstrad VCR Programmable Remote Control, Amstrad DVD/Divx Player, Amstrad GT 65, Schneider CTM640

CPC Hardware: USIFACII, M4Wifi, ZMEM, MotherX4, GOTEK, PS2 Mouse Adapter, RSF3 (Soon), DES Mini (Soon)
PCW Hardware: GOTEK, PCWIO, uIDE (Soon), uRTC (Soon)

Editor-In-Chief / ACUC Magazine - Amstrad CPC User Club Magazine (Soon)
www.dizzyradio.com  / Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Amiga and Other Home Computer's Musics
www.cpcuserclub.com / +90 555 498 36 55 for adding WhatsApp Group