News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Game Reviews - 2,000 games reviewed!

Started by Nich, 17:17, 10 May 20

Previous topic - Next topic

Nich

Today (10th May 2020) CPC Game Reviews reached a milestone, with 2,000 Amstrad CPC games reviewed! It took almost five years to reach 1,000 reviews, and as I got older, left university and real life increasingly got in the way (as I'm sure it has for the large majority of users on this forum), I felt I would never reach 2,000 reviews ‒ but I've done it at last! It took 21 years but I got there in the end.

I said at the beginning of 2016 that I would restrict my CPC activities, but thanks to the ongoing lockdown due to COVID-19, I have returned to writing reviews and tidying up the NVG archive in order to maintain my sanity. :laugh: I've managed to write 15 reviews during the last two months, and Robert Small has also contributed 6 reviews during this time.

I hope those of you who have visited CPC Game Reviews over the many years it's been online continue to do so. Many thanks to all of you. :)

GUNHED

http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Otto

Quote from: Nich on 17:17, 10 May 20I hope those of you who have visited CPC Game Reviews over the many years it's been online continue to do so. Many thanks to all of you. :)
Oh yes, we will continue to visit your fine site, and I can say that for us it's one of the very best CPC websites ever, and I know the CPC since the 1985'ies. Together with Gryzor's great CPC wiki forum here, these two sites together deliver everything I could wish for my CPC universe.

Nich, thank you so you much for your incredibly amount of loving work you put into your website and the CPC during all the years. Very much appreciated, really. Based on your fine reviews and archive we tend to download "new" CPC games and programs and play or use them, well, my wife, my children, yes all of them, and one day, I hope my grand-children, too! (Emulators is the most important software at all, isn't it?)

All the best to your and your loved ones, and to all you fine CPC users here on this forum.
I send heartily greetings from Germany to England. Stay healthy.
Otto

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

BSC

Crikey! I kind of missed that site completely. Now I have some serious reading ahead of me :-O
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

Dr Tiger Ninestein

Great website, my goto for cpc game reviews.

Nich

Quote from: BSC on 20:53, 10 May 20
Crikey! I kind of missed that site completely. Now I have some serious reading ahead of me :-O

Haha! :laugh: Once you start reading one or two reviews, you'll want to read another one, and another one, and another one... and you'll find it difficult to pull yourself away from it, and before you know it, two hours will have passed by!

Scarlettkitten

I love your site, being fairly new to the cpc I've found it invaluable for seeing which titles I should try out. 8)
Sophie Rose:- My musical works https://soundcloud.com/sophierosemusics

ComSoft6128

Quote from: Nich on 22:00, 10 May 20
Haha! :laugh: Once you start reading one or two reviews, you'll want to read another one, and another one, and another one... and you'll find it difficult to pull yourself away from it, and before you know it, two hours will have passed by!

That's it exactly!
I spent a decade working night-shift and when the opportunity was there I would work my way through the games I knew and the games I didn't (most of the site) - thoroughly enjoyed it and will continue to do so - a great site @Nich and I thank you very much.  :)

Targhan

Congrats! Just know that your work is invaluable! I always check your reviews whenever I see an unknown game... and trust them too!
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

ComSoft6128

Quote from: Targhan on 13:42, 12 May 20
Congrats! Just know that your work is invaluable! I always check your reviews whenever I see an unknown game... and trust them too!

Hear Hear!

DanyPPC

CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

Nich

Quote from: Targhan on 13:42, 12 May 20
I always check your reviews whenever I see an unknown game... and trust them too!

Nothing to do with both of Cargosoft's games (that you programmed) receiving 10/10 ratings, then? :P

Targhan

Of course it does! Like I told you: I trust your judgment! :)
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime