News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

#CPCRetroDev 2015: Complete Results and Games

Started by ronaldo, 20:14, 17 June 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnivius

Congratulations to everyone who entered proving themselves all better than me at actually producing a CPC runnable game.   Extra special congrats to the prize winners.  And I really want Frogalot cos it just looks so slick & awesome.  A great update of the Nebulus gimmick.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

||C|-|E||

Congratulations to everyone! Really really great games this year! I will for sure play with all of the in the Plus  :D :D

mr_lou

Ah crap!
I'm embarrassed to say that I missed the streaming. Too damn much going on around me.

I don't suppose it'll be on YouTube any time soon?

arnoldemu

a great selection of games!

I look forward to trying them all.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Neil79

Just like last CPCRetroDev, all these games get listed and you can't find a bloody link to download them from and the winning announcements isn't even in Enligsh, which need to be translated. Will we waiting bit by bit as these games get dribbled out? At least with the C64 compos ALL the games are available to download

And yes I'm in a bad mood today, hurt my back  :(
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

ronaldo

Quote from: Neil79 on 16:54, 01 November 15
Just like last CPCRetroDev, all these games get listed and you can't find a bloody link to download them from and the winning announcements isn't even in Enligsh, which need to be translated. Will we waiting bit by bit as these games get dribbled out? At least with the C64 compos ALL the games are available to download
And yes I'm in a bad mood today, hurt my back  :(
You haven't searched too much before being so nice to the people who invest hours and money in organizing this for the CPC community, @Neil79. You could even have asked: you already know me.
You can download DSKs, CDTs and even source code (all that submitted source code) for all the games we have the rights to share.

Also, you should take into account that #CPCRetroDev 2013 and 2014 where tagged as national awards (technically not internationally organized, as this kind of organization is harder). Only #CPCRetroDev 2015 is international and we have been posting either on english or in spanish.

Hope next time you ask me before revealing yourself in public.

Edit: I saw your post before your last edit. I prefer you not to hidden your real thoughts on this matter.

Neil79

Oh and thankfully I can search this forum for specific games, it's a lot easier to manage for specific gaming articles  :)
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

ronaldo

Yes, I sent you a PM, like you could have done now asking me about download links.

If you want, we can make our PMs public. I have no problem. I told you in the PM that if you were going to publish something about CPCRetroDev before the awards ceremony, that will spoil it. And I used a conditional also, because I didn't know if you were going to do that or no. Then you told me that you weren't going to do that and I apologized. I also explaint you why I was telling you that.

I was never unkind and I apologized.

Of course, I see clearly that you are now being unkind on purpose and you have no intention of giving apologises. I don't understand what you expect from causing pain to me. It's plainly ununderstandable.

I have no intention to continue a battle. There is no single reason to cause pain to others inside a hobbist community. We are here to enjoy our common hobby, not to battle.

ronaldo

Now that @Neil79 asked for it, I want to clarify next steps about #CPCRetroDev 2015:

• The contest finished yesterday, toghether with our local event Retroconsolas Alicante.
  • Today is sunday, I should be going somewhere with my wife instead of doing CPC related things.
  • I've been all this morning preparing all 35 games to publish complete results along with CDTs and DSKs. Hope to have them soon published. Source code, youtube videos, and extra content will be published later on, game by game, on a schedule we still have to decide. Like the last year, we want to publicise games individually, to give developers the best publicity we can.
  • Next week we will contact winners for documentation, to be able to send them their awards and give them their prizes.

Neil79

Quote from: ronaldo on 17:52, 01 November 15
Now that @Neil79 asked for it, I want to clarify next steps about #CPCRetroDev 2015:

• The contest finished yesterday, toghether with our local event Retroconsolas Alicante.
  • Today is sunday, I should be going somewhere with my wife instead of doing CPC related things.
  • I've been all this morning preparing all 35 games to publish complete results along with CDTs and DSKs. Hope to have them soon published. Source code, youtube videos, and extra content will be published later on, game by game, on a schedule we still have to decide. Like the last year, we want to publicise games individually, to give developers the best publicity we can.
  • Next week we will contact winners for documentation, to be able to send them their awards and give them their prizes.

You got completely the wrong end of the stick, communication loss. However I'm grateful this post, at least now it's easier to make sense of, because writing up the last dev comp was a pain in the rear.

QuoteI see clearly that you are now being unkind on purpose and you have no intention of giving apologises

As for this, that's complete balls and it's NOT how I work. Being unkind on purpose serves no merit to myself. I think we shall leave this here as this is going nowhere  >:(

Dublinerr

Quote from: Neil79 on 16:54, 01 November 15
Just like last CPCRetroDev, all and the winning announcements isn't even in Enligsh, which need to be translated.

I AM sorry to say that you are misunderstanding things. Official announcements where done in Spanish and English as it was streamed online. I have heard complains about the streaming failing for some people, but it was as I say: taking consideration of all of you, @ronaldo made the ceremony in English and Spanish, an even I as a member of the jury said some words in German.

What you have found online, sir, is an article in a Spanish magazine, not an official statement from the organization, which Ronaldo already said is on it.

Regards.

ronaldo

There you go!
Big big thanks to all participants and supporters. The success of this year's edition is your success, as you are the ones who have created the games. Without your excitement, work and support, this would have never been possible. Thank you!

And, hopefully, see you next year :D

AMSDOS

Interesting the last game was disqualified, so now I'm tempted to check it out.  :D

But with all the games from this competition, this will definitely build my 2015 folder.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Neil79

dodogildo

Quote from: ronaldo on 21:31, 01 November 15
There you go!

Thanks!! And congrats all participants!!

I missed the streaming sadly. Looking fw to watch it on youtube anytime soon.. Any chance?

M'enfin!

ervin

Quote from: ronaldo on 21:31, 01 November 15
There you go!
Big big thanks to all participants and supporters. The success of this year's edition is your success, as you are the ones who have created the games. Without your excitement, work and support, this would have never been possible. Thank you!

And, hopefully, see you next year :D

AWESOME!!!

@ronaldo - thank you *so* very much for all of your hard work organising this competition.
The competition is a big success thanks to you!

Thanks also to everyone that participated.
Many of the games looks absolutely fantastic - thanks so much for your hard work.

Now I'm off to download the games!
JOY!!!

||C|-|E||

Thanks! I already downloaded all of them!  ;D

CraigsBar

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

ervin

Quote from: AMSDOS on 22:34, 01 November 15
Interesting the last game was disqualified, so now I'm tempted to check it out.  :D

Interesting... the last game has a slightly disturbing game over screen.
It's not that bad, but perhaps that's why?
(The competition rules stated that the games must be suitable for all ages).

@ronaldo - are we allowed to find out why it was disqualified?

Other than that, it's not a bad game actually!
Having said that, it is very short, and takes less than a minute to beat...
With more dev time and polish this could have been really good.

ervin

Just tried Frogalot... WOW.
Wow wow wow.
Absolutely gorgeous, and really fun to play.
I love the way objects are obscured by the rotating tower before they come into full view (hard to explain what I mean). Also, the way the frog appears on the screen at the start of a level - clearly inspired by Knightlore & Alien 8 - is beautiful.

I strangely have the urge now to try and code a rotating tower engine!
Just for fun...

I also played Space Moves... it's *very* nice, but it's just as hard as the old Dinamic games!
Now, I have no problem with very difficult games.  ;)
But when it looks like you should land on a platform after a jump, and you miss it... feels a bit unfair.
Having said that, I still think it is fantastic, and will be playing lots more of it.

(Anyway, it seems a bit hypocritical of me to complain about another game's difficulty)!
:P

Looking forward to having some time to play Top Top. That game looks wonderful.
It has a bit of a Fireboy & Watergirl vibe going on.

AMSDOS

Quote from: ervin on 00:14, 02 November 15
Interesting... the last game has a slightly disturbing game over screen.
It's not that bad, but perhaps that's why?
(The competition rules stated that the games must be suitable for all ages).

@ronaldo - are we allowed to find out why it was disqualified?

Other than that, it's not a bad game actually!
Having said that, it is very short, and takes less than a minute to beat...
With more dev time and polish this could have been really good.

I checked out the other CDT file after easily completing the 1st CDT file and sure enough it's another screen and a little bit harder with DIE, DIE, DIE, etc onscreen. Funny thing was I was able to complete that screen too!  :D

Your Computer Programs

AMSDOS

Quote from: ervin on 00:30, 02 November 15
Just tried Frogalot... WOW.
Wow wow wow.
Absolutely gorgeous, and really fun to play.
I love the way objects are obscured by the rotating tower before they come into full view (hard to explain what I mean). Also, the way the frog appears on the screen at the start of a level - clearly inspired by Knightlore & Alien 8 - is beautiful.

It's got Nebulus written all over it.  :D

QuoteI also played Space Moves... it's *very* nice, but it's just as hard as the old Dinamic games!
Now, I have no problem with very difficult games.  ;)
But when it looks like you should land on a platform after a jump, and you miss it... feels a bit unfair.
Having said that, I still think it is fantastic, and will be playing lots more of it.

(Anyway, it seems a bit hypocritical of me to complain about another game's difficulty)!
:P

I played that 1st stage till I got to the end of it, but seriously died when I was zapping the ships.  ???  I also had some trouble falling off the corner of them platforms, better off heading for the solid centre of the islands.

QuoteLooking forward to having some time to play Top Top. That game looks wonderful.
It has a bit of a Fireboy & Watergirl vibe going on.

I didn't play much of Top Top as it seems to be a Two Player Game with Different controls for the Two Players. Would of had more appeal for me, if had played like Biggles, where you're moving the 2 characters along the Rooftop.

Your Computer Programs

MacDeath

Well done everyone involved.

I hope Homebrew.AmstradToday will make a big huge Report/dossier as they did for BollaWare or Black system...

I fail to understand the "polemic" that just happened here... organizers have many things to do so I guess a proper webpage will come next.

Now that some Veterans and even non spanish can enter the competition, it really push the CPCscene a lot as well as being a really nice working&study matter for students.

Really hope ths event will stick in time and continue in the future.
And CPC is the perfect machine for that... can display nice graphics, has sounds, need to stick to 64k despite the odds... really great learning value.

I was quite astonished by some of the graphics too.
Will check all those at the Alchimie2015 demoparty (in France) in less than 2 weeks.

Carnivius

Space Moves plays well and has great music (I'm typing this right after playing the game and just noticed McKlain's name on the title screen so that's the reason for the superb tunes then  :) ) .  Not so keen on the colour reduced stock-photographs.  Also the collision detection on the platforms is cruel, you have to get pretty much the whole vehicle onto the next one when jumping (I would have thought the front tyre would have been strong enough to pull you on but no) or maybe I was just getting distracted by the mountains being quite obviously ripped from Astro Marine Corps.

Gonna play some more games later.   Currently though Frogalot is my fave as I felt it would be.  It feels like a game I would have happily have given my pocket money for all those years ago.   It's got great graphics, a nice tune, feels great to play and has plenty of charm.   Gonna run the CDT file on my real CPC later hoping it'll load through Tapdancer. 
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

toms

Don't miss the interview of Ronaldo (#CPCRetroDev organizer) on Push'n'Pop!

And thank you Ronaldo for having answered to our questions  8)