News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

#CPCRetroDev 2017 Game Trailers (29 games presented)

Started by ronaldo, 17:06, 01 November 17

Previous topic - Next topic

ronaldo

As all you know, games presented to #CPCRetroDev are right now under evaluation by the jury.

Awards giving ceremony will be held on next friday, 10th of november, around ~19:00h (CEST time) and will have live streaming.

In the meantime, you may have a look at recently published trailers of the 29 games presented.

[attachimg=1]

Enjoy!

EgoTrip

Going by the videos, I think it's obvious who the winner is this year and it's deserved.

ronaldo

It's not that obvious to me. Attending to the rules and how the different aspects of the games are going to be evaluated, it's difficult to foresee a winner.

There are several games that will be narrowly contending :).

Targhan

I shouldn't have looked at the teasers, but I couldn't resist :).

I think the quality is very good, about half the games have original music and almost all of them seem playable, contrary to the previous year where a lot, lot, lot, were buggy. I see four games that are the main challengers, I was impressed especially impressed by two of them. Well done!
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

jesusdelmas

I have seen the trailers and its clear that this year is better than all the other 4 years. 4 or 5 games look very profesional and at least another 10 or even 15 look like proper games. I remember last year only there were 10 proper games and 3 or 4 "profesional" with many demos or terrible unfinished games so... im very happy! This contest is getting better and more famous every year so i wish it keeps going up and ap!

tjohnson

A great selection of games, a couple look very very polished affairs.  Great effort from everyone who has submitted.

ervin

Wow, this year's entries seem to be collectively of a higher quality!
Really looking forward to playing them.

"Cris, odd prelude" looks very polished indeed. It has a "Limbo" and perhaps "Another World" vibe to it.
Profanation 2 looks absolutely outstanding too.
Baba's Palace looks excellent, as does Bitume.

tjohnson

Basket cases really reminds me of Hypersports, play that game a lot when on holiday in Devon as a kid, this game looks really good.

Joseman

Quote from: ervin on 23:17, 01 November 17
"Cris, odd prelude" looks very polished indeed. It has a "Limbo" and perhaps "Another World" vibe to it.

Yes! i think the same when i saw the game!!

What kind of amazing game is this???? What is the group that is making this game and why we didn't know nothing???

i'm really astonished with this game, i want this game, and i want 1000 levels of this amazing gameplay on my CPC!!

DanyPPC

I like Basket Cases, it looks amazing.
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

Carnivius

Really liking Basket Cases (and CNGsoft is awesome, I still play Frogalot from a previous contest).

Also Baba's Palace even if I inspired some of the graphic style so I've been told. :P
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Singaja

Apart from the awesome games already covered I really like "Cris, odd prelude" , it seems to have Another World like gameplay. Really cool.

tulinmola

Hello to everyone!

Let me introduce myself. My name is Tulo. And I am one of the members of Dreamin'Bits group, "Cris, odd prelude" creators. It was awesome working on this game and it was very hard fitting it into 64KB. We left a lot of things out of the game. But we are not complaining. It was great having the deadline and all the limitations. We are very happy of having participated in CPCRetroDev contest!

We are extremely pleased with the reception the game is taking. Those are being amazing days. Thank you!

And finally we want to say that this is only the beginning. We are now designing and planning the game to be loaded from disc. This means more graphics, more animations, more puzzles, more maps, more units, conversations and much more. So stay tuned. We will be talking on twitter, updating our webpage and of course posting here!

This is an amazing community. One more time, thank you for everything.
Tulo

https://dreaminbits.com
@dreamin_bits

Joseman

Quote from: tulinmola on 16:53, 02 November 17
Hello to everyone!

Let me introduce myself. My name is Tulo. And I am one of the members of Dreamin'Bits group, "Cris, odd prelude" creators. It was awesome working on this game and it was very hard fitting it into 64KB. We left a lot of things out of the game. But we are not complaining. It was great having the deadline and all the limitations. We are very happy of having participated in CPCRetroDev contest!

We are extremely pleased with the reception the game is taking. Those are being amazing days. Thank you!

And finally we want to say that this is only the beginning. We are now designing and planning the game to be loaded from disc. This means more graphics, more animations, more puzzles, more maps, more units, conversations and much more. So stay tuned. We will be talking on twitter, updating our webpage and of course posting here!

Tulo

@dreamin_bits

I've only one thing to say: SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!

Skunkfish

The game looks fantastic Tulo and I can't wait to play it, the animation on main character is superb!
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

tulinmola

Quote from: Skunkfish on 18:05, 02 November 17
The game looks fantastic Tulo and I can't wait to play it, the animation on main character is superb!

Yep! Alberto did an amazing graphics work. You can see more of him in his devianart page, where you can find game art proof of concepts and much more:

https://alberto-h.deviantart.com/

I really love this spritesheet!

We are looking forward to continue working on the game and making something great.

Greetings to all!
Tulo

khaz

Hello to everyone!

Tulo

@dreamin_bits

Have you considered making the disc version an "extended version" that could take full advantage of 128K of RAM?
As you talk about more stuff to have thanks to the disc, I'm assuming multi-load. Could it mean multi-sides (possibly going all 720K?)

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

keith56

There looks to have been a high level of skill involved in all the games this year! really impressive work!

Well done everyone!
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

jesusdelmas

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 08:43, 11 November 17

I can not believe that EarthDefender is in 14th place.. it looked like the worst game of all... i will have to play it... but i have my doubts...

Morri

Am I right in thinking purple = students, green = open?
Keeping it Kiwi since 1977

awergh

Quote from: Morri on 19:45, 11 November 17
Am I right in thinking purple = students, green = open?

I assume that green means they got an award and purple is everyone else.

Morri

Quote from: awergh on 23:16, 11 November 17
I assume that green means they got an award and purple is everyone else.

Good thought. I only ask because I am interested in which games were made by @ronaldo s students. Just to see their progress and the improvement of the tools that they now have access to.
Keeping it Kiwi since 1977

ronaldo

Yes, @awergh is right. Green means got an Award. Top-5 are PRO Category Awards, and the next 2 are Best Student Game Awards. Laser Boy is from Carlos Sevila, which was student >3 years ago and has participated again 2 times since. And Phantis Legacy is from CPC-Power. That's the reason why Raimbo and Nightmare Fortress won Best Student Game Awards.

Rest of the games are from my students except Fitzroy, which is @awergh's and Color Flood, which is from @cpcitor. So 10 to 19 games, or close to 1/3 free entries, 2/3 student entries this year.