News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPCRetroDev 2017 ?

Started by Arnaud, 20:55, 04 July 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnaud

Quote from: remax on 16:57, 12 November 17
That's a good game that has a really nice arcade and retro feeling.

The intro screen looks a lot like Gryzor/Renegade :D This would have been a good commercial game at the time.

I like the fact that the game handles well 2 button joy (at least via redefine). You have to manage your weapons cleverly.

Thanks  :D , it was my goal making a game that could be a commercial game in 80s

But i think i came across a bug. After the first game over, the button 1 on the joy is not detected if you restart a game (but it is on the redefine keys screen)

Damn, never see this bug nor the tester.
Have you redefine the keys before playing, the first time you launch the game ?

I like the fact that the game handles well 2 button joy (at least via redefine)

Normally the default layout handle two joystick buttons and "COPY" on CPC to change weapon.

Arnaud

@ronaldo i have got a question, i have a version of bitume on dsk with loading screen in overscan (thanks to @Ast for loader) i haven't  time to include to cpcretrodev.

Is possible to update the dsk on the cpcretrodev site or i simply put the file in forum ?

ronaldo

Technically not, because entries should reflect what was submitted to the contest.

However, if you want, we can post it additionally, apart from the entries. We may add a post to the website and include your content as an extended version or something similar if you like.

If not, you can always send it to cpc-power, cpcrulez, post it here, add it to archive. Whatever you prefer, we may also spread it thrugh social media :) .

Of course, I din't tell you before but, congratulations for your 5th place. Your game was very nice and polished :).

Ast

Quote from: Arnaud on 17:21, 12 November 17
@ronaldo i have got a question, i have a version of bitume on dsk with loading screen in overscan (thanks to @Ast for loader) i haven't  time to include to cpcretrodev.

Is possible to update the dsk on the cpcretrodev site or i simply put the file in forum ?
It was a pleasure for me to do it for you. Have a good fun with bitume !

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

Arnaud

Quote from: ronaldo on 21:06, 12 November 17
However, if you want, we can post it additionally, apart from the entries. We may add a post to the website and include your content as an extended version or something similar if you like.

Perfect, i'll send the dsk on your mail.

Quote from: ronaldo on 21:06, 12 November 17
Of course, I din't tell you before but, congratulations for your 5th place. Your game was very nice and polished :) .

Thanks a lot, and until the last time i wasn't sure to be in the 5th place.

remax

Quote from: Arnaud on 17:11, 12 November 17
Damn, never see this bug nor the tester.
Have you redefine the keys before playing, the first time you launch the game ?

Yeah... So that's not a terrible bug as as you said, no need to redefine keys to have full 2 button support.

Anyway, it might strike someone who want to swap the two buttons by redefining.
Brain Radioactivity