News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Covertape for future issues of Eight Bit magazine.

Started by CPCOxygen, 18:21, 16 May 18

Previous topic - Next topic

CPCOxygen

As many of you are aware we are doing a cover-tape for the next issue of Eight Bit magazine ( https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/8bitmagazine/eight-bit-magazine-6-8-bit-amstrad-atari-c64-spect ) and we are looking for content.

We basically want games, preferably something that isn't currently available online, although we may consider online and other stuff as well. The game/application will need to be in tap, mp3 or wav format, or if easier, post a copy on tape or CD to me. Also, some information on what you are submitting would be handy too.

This is basically your chance to get your game on to a professionally made cassette with tape cover and insert, either for self promotion (a demo perhaps?) or just to support the retro community and to show off your work. I will also post of a copy of the tape and magazine to the person sending us the content once it is finished.

Note: The tape must be your own work or something that you have the copyright to. The finished cassette will also contain software from other people as well as for other systems.

Feel free to PM me here or on the Eight Bit magazine Facebook page, thanks.

Eight Bit Magazine The Number One Magazine for the 8-Bits.

Retro Format New Games - Old Hardware.

CrookieMonster

I'd love to see Rob Buckley produce something - a great CPC games designer from back in the day. I bet Richard Fairhurst could still knock up some nifty code too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cholo

Good idea, the new games & demo/intro scene been quite active lately so hopefully there are people willing to submit contents. Worst case i guess if you ask nicely then someone may allow you to use their old commercial games as well.

Lazy Dude

Anyone else having difficulty receiving their copy of 8 bit mags?
I'm keen to get issue 5, but having no luck.  :(

Lazy Dude

Ok scratch that, it looks like the postman has finished reading it and decided to deliver. Wooo! 👍

CPCOxygen

Things are finally in place for a covertape for Issue 6 of Eight Bit magazine!  :D  The only thing is that we got more content for the C64 and ZX Spectrum than the CPC! So we're looking to add a game. If any game writers reading this want to have their game put on our covertape then please PM me.

The master CD will be sent to the cassette duplicators in a few days.

AMSDOS

Quote from: CPCOxygen on 00:28, 02 December 18
Things are finally in place for a covertape for Issue 6 of Eight Bit magazine!  :D  The only thing is that we got more content for the C64 and ZX Spectrum than the CPC! So we're looking to add a game. If any game writers reading this want to have their game put on our covertape then please PM me.

The master CD will be sent to the cassette duplicators in a few days.

Wonder if it would had been better to just have one programme from each system, and have additional covertape for each issue of Eight Bit? It's just a thought.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

CPCOxygen

Quote from: AMSDOS on 07:25, 03 December 18

Wonder if it would had been better to just have one programme from each system, and have additional covertape for each issue of Eight Bit? It's just a thought.

The thought did cross my mind, but considering cost, delays etc I think this will be the last covertape for a while. Might re-look at the idea in a few months.