General Category > News & Events

CPCRetroDev 2020

(1/46) > >>

CPCRetroDev:
Greetings to all! From the organization, we have the pleasure to officially announce #CPCRetroDev 2020, the 8th edition of the retro games creation contest from the University of Alicante.
Once again, we invite everyone to participate in the competition, either through the experience of developing a game, as well as enjoying every one of those who submit to this new edition.

In this edition, we pay tribute with a reference to one of the games which marked a turning point for the video game industry and which its version for Amstrad made by Broderbund just turned 30 years.
Of course, we are talking about Prince of Persia (1990).

You can find more information on the official page of the contest.
http://cpcretrodev.byterealms.com/contest-en/cpcretrodev-2020-2/

Watch @CPCRetroDev twitter to be alert of all the news that we bring you this year.
And don't forget to comment with the hashtag #CPCRetroDev !!

Arnaud:
Welcome to our new member @CPCRetroDev ;)

Who is thinking to participate to the contest this year ?
I think i'll have time to submit something.

skylas:

--- Quote from: Arnaud on 22:00, 13 July 20 ---Welcome to our new member @CPCRetroDev ;)

Who is thinking to participate to the contest this year ?
I think i'll have time to submit something.

--- End quote ---
i will participate with a small game in Basic, as usual, just for the fun, and hoping that i will get my first point this year! :-D

mr_lou:

--- Quote from: skylas on 02:39, 14 July 20 ---i will participate with a small game in Basic, as usual, just for the fun, and hoping that i will get my first point this year! :-D

--- End quote ---

Nice!
I liked when there was a BASIC category. I don't think there is one anymore though.
If I manage to complete the BASIC game I'm currently fiddling with when I have time to spare, then I'll probably enter that one as well. I doubt I'll have the time though.... but we'll see.

awergh:
I have been working on my entry for a couple of weeks so it is good to have it announced. ;D
I am not sure how I am going to reference Prince of Persia, I was expecting the gesture to be for a Spanish game I have never heard of instead.

I see on the website it says Thursday 3 November which isn't the right day of the week, obviously to fix this it should say 5 November to give an extra two days because by the end I'm sure I'm not the only one who will need it  :P . Hopefully I get to bed earlier on the submission night this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version