News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Mammagamma Amiga MOD.... and CPC :)

Started by Fabrizio Radica, 21:03, 13 October 19

Previous topic - Next topic

robcfg

LambdaMikel

robcfg

I meant the Digiblaster. Wasn't the printer port 7-bit?

Or was it that the 8th bit was inverted compared to the rest and thus you need to modify your samples accordingly?

Edit:Answering to myself, yes, there's one bit that is negated by the hardware so it has to be adjusted on the sample side.

By the way, the link to the v2 Digiblasters is broken, so I replaced it with a link to that page at the Internet Archive. Sadly the schematics are not archived. If someone has them, please upload them to the Digiblaster page, thanks!

LambdaMikel

Quote from: robcfg on 18:33, 21 October 19
By the way, the link to the v2 Digiblasters is broken, so I replaced it with a link to that page at the Internet Archive. Sadly the schematics are not archived. If someone has them, please upload them to the Digiblaster page, thanks!

That shouldn't be hard to replicate, even from memory... wasn't it just a DA converter based on a resistor ladder wired to D0 to D7 (or D6?)... ? 

Btw, is somebody making them? Would like to add one to my collection of CPC stuff. But then, if it is really just a resistor ladder, then it is not that difficult to DIY either. But I am lazy too  :D

MacDeath

Ok, CPC can also access some peripherals such as the plAY-City (with extre dual AY chips) or the Amstrad PUS can run massive DMA channel effects as well and cartridge versions.

Any plan to input those ?