News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Genesis8 - What if ... Maupiti Island on Amstrad CPC ?

Started by NewsBot, 22:01, 14 August 11

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

genesis8

Screenshots have been updated from 160x200 to 320x200, much better !

Gryzor

Hwikaa

Well, thanks Gryzor. I hope this will be useful someday.

Gryzor

Hey mate, nice to see you here!

No, indeed they're really nice, wish we could see them in a game...

Hwikaa

So do I ! All I need is a developer... and a little bit of time. ^^

TFM

Hi Hwikaa,

Your GFX are truely amazing. How did you make them? Conversion, redraw? PC or CPC? (Just curious).

Well.... in case somebody would like to make a game out of it... how would it run? Is is a point and klick adventure?

Can you tell a bit about the game, and the way you would like to see it run on the CPC?

Greets,
TFM
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Hwikaa

Hi, TFM.

Thanks a lot ! Well, these graphics are handcrafted conversions from PC. ^^

Maupiti Island is a point and click adventure indeed. Since it is the sequel to Mortville Manor and uses pretty much the same interface...

... it seems to me that it would be possible to adapt it to the CPC. But I may be wrong.  ;)

This is what it looks like :

Maupiti Island - Solution (1 sur 4)

TFM

Thank's for the Video! I watched 3 minutes and.... yes, sure it's no problem to port this to the CPC.

The pictures are all staying, no scrolling needed, the Z80 will be pretty much bored ;-)

So a conversion is no promlem IMHO. But for the screens Overscan should be used!

Actually I think it would be quite a lot of fun to recreate it on CPC.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Hwikaa

Well... If you ever know anybody who would be interested (and have enough time) to do it, I'll be pleased to work with them.

Let's stop dreaming and start working ! ( ;) , Beb... if you ever read this. ^^)

Targhan

This is the kind of game I'd love to work on, but I'd rather work on an original game (with original plot and gfx...). Not the same amount of work, though :) . The gfxs you did vary from very good to not-so-good. These last ones would require more work, I guess.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Hwikaa

You're definitely right. This was nothing but an attempt, I'm aware there's still much to do.

genesis8

Could PJA be used to create the game maybe (no point and click though) ?

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/PJA

Hwikaa

Honestly I don't know. I should take a look at this tool (hERMOL also told me so). Since Maupiti Island's plot and events depend on a timed script, do you think this could be done with PJA ?

Gryzor

Well, Markus has experience with point-and-click games. His Elvira effort was amazing. Maybe...? ;)

demoniak

There is still some bugs in PJA, and the lastest version is always on my hard disk  :D

But you can try It, I think it will be possible to do something with it.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

demoniak

Quote from: TFM/FS on 18:27, 19 August 11

Which model (I mean the hard disc) do you use?

I mean that I've not released the lastest version of PJA, the source are still on my PC, I should do a release for this version. And PJA is a PC tool for making avdenture games for CPC.

TFM

Got it, a release would be great! If you guys would work together this would also be a great chance for a serious debugging attempt ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft

genesis8

A release would be nice.

Another idea for what is worth : open the software on sourceforge, google code (or whatever), so other people can help enhance the tool ?

Hwikaa

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:51, 19 August 11
Well, Markus has experience with point-and-click games. His Elvira effort was amazing. Maybe...? ;)

Sure ! By the way... I'd love to see his Elvira conversion but I can't seem to find it.

Demoniak, I've downloaded PJA. I'll take a look when I got some time. No doubt I'll have a lot of questions... ^^

Anyway, thank you all for your opinions and advices. Now let's try to do something with this material.