News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Kickstarter campaign launched for new Amstrad CPC fanzine

Started by Skunkfish, 19:55, 31 July 16

Previous topic - Next topic

For future issues of Colour Personal Computing, would you rather have...

A black & white fanzine for £3
2 (16.7%)
A colour fanzine for £4
10 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: 17:18, 26 February 17

Skunkfish

No ripping off taking place, just real-life getting in the way of me getting it finished, printed and out there.

It should be soon, hopefully!
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

ukmarkh

That's good news! Looking forward to it, what release date did you have in mind?

Gryzor

mr_lou

reidrac

Yes, I'd love an update with a timeline if that's possible; I'm moving house in January and I would hate this to get lost in the mail.

@Skunkfish: another thing I was wondering is if you could share your plans for the fanzine after this first issue.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

ukmarkh

C'mon now, we shouldn't have to chase for updates! I'm excited, but can't help feel that something isn't right.

Neil79

Quote from: ukmarkh on 22:48, 14 December 16
C'mon now, we shouldn't have to chase for updates! I'm excited, but can't help feel that something isn't right.

Uh hu  :picard:
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

CPCOxygen

Don't give up hope just yet. There are many reasons why it's late and the most common reason is lack of time and that's always the most difficult to explain. Skunkfish will release it, I'm sure.
Eight Bit Magazine The Number One Magazine for the 8-Bits.

Retro Format New Games - Old Hardware.

mr_lou

Quote from: CPCOxygen on 01:38, 15 December 16
Don't give up hope just yet. There are many reasons why it's late and the most common reason is lack of time and that's always the most difficult to explain. Skunkfish will release it, I'm sure.

I often wonder how everyone else here seems to have time for awesome CPC projects, be it big games or complicated hardware.
Having a family and job doesn't leave me much sparetime to work on 8-bit Memoirs. I have no doubt I'll finish it. There's progress, but no where near the speed that I'm seeing everyone else have with their projects.

So it wouldn't surprise me if this was the case with this project too.

At least I hope time is the only problem. Could be many things. I hope it's nothing health related.

Skunkfish

Hi all,

Yes, I'm aware it's horrifically late and I can only apologise :(

I had an amazing few weeks where I got three-quarters of the fanzine done, and unfortunately the last quarter has been a struggle - I'd severely underestimated the time to get it finished and with a change to my work schedule over the past couple of months it's left me with less spare time than I would like.

However, it is still being actively worked on at every opportunity I get, and I'm still planning on attempting to stick to a quarterly publishing schedule after the first issue is out (which will be soon with any luck). I've really enjoyed making it to be honest, it's been a great excuse to spend some time playing the amazing games that have been released and tinkering with hardware like the X-MEM and C4CPC.

I'm aware that people who backed this were expecting the fanzine three months ago. As compensation for the lateness I will be working on some sort of discount for the next issue for those who backed the fanzine.

Thanks for your support and sorry again!

James.
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Skunkfish

Just to show there is a fanzine somewhat close to being finished, I've attached a preview image of where issue 1 is at.

Too small to see any articles I think, but still don't look if you want don't want any spoilers.

mr_lou

Quote from: Skunkfish on 11:59, 15 December 16
As compensation for the lateness I will be working on some sort of discount for the next issue for those who backed the fanzine.

I'm pretty sure I speak for all of us when I say that none of us are interested in any kind of compensation.  We just want to see the project succeed.  :)
But don't rush it. Better to take your time to produce high quality.  :)
Good to know at least it's nothing health related. Too many people crash during winter.

Gryzor

Personally, I'm not interested in a discount - I do realise it's a very small project but, at the same time, quite some work for what is not a team of professionals, so I don't mind :)

reidrac

Yes, I also want it to succeed; not interested in discounts.

Quarterly sounds great!
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

CPCOxygen

Keep going James, you're almost there! I and I'm sure everyone else here are looking forward to reading it.  :)  Remember, the best projects always tend to run late.  8)
Eight Bit Magazine The Number One Magazine for the 8-Bits.

Retro Format New Games - Old Hardware.

SOS

Quote from: Skunkfish on 11:59, 15 December 16
Yes, I'm aware it's horrifically late
No problem, things goes slow this years (all have families and jobs ...)

Bought one  :D

Skunkfish

So... After receiving the test copies from the printer today, I'm happy with the quality and have ordered the full production run which should be with me early next week.

That means people should start to receive their copies towards the end of next week! Thanks for your patience with me guys, I hope it will have been worth the wait!

Gryzor

mark_htfc

I was worried when I first saw this was a Kickstarter campaigned and noticed I had missed it, as I thought I might have missed getting issue 1 due to missing it. I noticed on your website that you linked in this thread that I can order it (it might be a good idea to put the link into your first post, as I nearly missed it when reading through).

I have one question though, if I was to order it tonight, how long would you expect for it to arrive? As did you order some extra copies just in-case of extra orders, or would I need to wait for a full print?

Skunkfish

Hi Mark,

I've ordered ~20 extra copies so if you were to order it would come out of the main print run and be sent at the same time or directly after the Kickstarter copies. Assuming all comes back fine from the printers on Monday, you should receive late next week/early the following.

mark_htfc

Brilliant, I will order a copy tomorrow then when I get into work  :)

Skunkfish

Good news, the fanzines came back from the printers and are as expected.

The first batch has gone out in the post today and the remainder will be sent tomorrow - all by UK 1st class / International Standard so hopefully some people will receive their copy as early as tomorrow.

If anyone missed the Kickstarter and would like to purchase a copy, there are still some available at http://www.cpcfanzine.com

mark_htfc

Brilliant, hopefully it will not take too long for it to arrive in the post. When I have read it in full I will let you know my thoughts on it  :)

mr_lou