News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

AYAY Kaeppttn (aka SID tracker) source code published!

Started by BSC, 18:36, 13 April 14

Previous topic - Next topic

BSC

To celebrate the 30st birthday of the father of all things CPC - the legendary CPC 464 - and it's manifold release dates, I'm gonna start with commemorating the day when the CPC was introduced to the public (according to You're NOT fired: The story of Amstrad's amazing CPC 464 • The Register). That was exactly 30 years ago as of yesterday! Yahoooo! :D

I'll celebrate this by releasing the source code of AYAY Kaeppttn into the wild and more specifically to all the CPC folks out there. A couple of reasons led me to doing so, one of which is the hope that this move will spawn just a little bit more interest in the project - enough for it to gain some traction and not to die in the confines of my thread in the application board (again... after I saved it from dying in the confines of my virtual 3" disk box). If you want to fork, spawn, whatever: go for it. If you want to contribute to my work: clone and pull as you like and get in touch.

Just 2 more things: Whatever you do with it, please credit me as the originator and let me know of your results. And, Thargan, feel free to have a look and learn how native SID sound can be made on the CPC :D

So, enough talking - you'll find it at BetaSoftCologne/AYAY · GitHub

Have fun everyone!
BSC
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

ralferoo

Awesome, I look forward to looking at this in detail once the chaos of Revision deadlines is over!  :'(

I'm glad Octoate's news feed picked this up though... I'd never have spotted it from the title alone!  ;D

BSC

Quote from: ralferoo on 07:23, 14 April 14
Awesome, I look forward to looking at this in detail once the chaos of Revision deadlines is over!  :'(

Let me know what you think and don't forget to publish the Breaking Baud source :)

Quote from: ralferoo on 07:23, 14 April 14
I'm glad Octoate's news feed picked this up though... I'd never have spotted it from the title alone!  ;D

Yeah.. the title choice was kind of a flash of wit, I should probably have chosen different people.. like Johnny Walker et all maybe :D
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

BSC

Has anybody out there had a look at the sources or maybe done something based on it even?