News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Newsbot Problems???

Started by TFM, 18:02, 03 September 10

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Hi Admins and others,

Since I don't know if Gryzor is already back from the honeymoon suite (and he really deserves some private life), or who else can help - I post this here.

Seems that the Newsbot doesn't get informations from:
http://www.octoate.de/wp/

Can please somebody care about this? If I would be admin I would to it by myself, but since I'm not, one you you guys is needed for help here!

It's curious, since the Xyphoes Vid's news are properly displayed here, but the Octoate News not. I really hope, that somebody can help.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Yeah - I just noticed it myself a couple of minutes ago when I read the post about the ROMManager and didn't see the news piece.

Anyway, the site was disabled, as was Phenix. I guess that maybe the bot failed to pull the feed a couple of times and then gave up, disabling it. I reenabled it just now, thanks for mentioning it!!!

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:57, 06 September 10
Yeah - I just noticed it myself a couple of minutes ago when I read the post about the ROMManager and didn't see the news piece.

Anyway, the site was disabled, as was Phenix. I guess that maybe the bot failed to pull the feed a couple of times and then gave up, disabling it. I reenabled it just now, thanks for mentioning it!!!

Thanks for fixing the problem. You are away just for a few days and everything is breaking down! There's no better proof how much we need you!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

redbox

How can I turn off the posts made by 'Newsbot' when I click the unread link...?

Gryzor

You can't. This would require some serious code hacking - setting up a filter... But, come on, it's not that many posts, you can just hit "mark all read" when you have opened the ones you want!

steve

Quote from: redbox on 13:54, 10 September 10
How can I turn off the posts made by 'Newsbot' when I click the unread link...?

Select my profile

Select account settings

Select ignore boards options

Tick boxes of boards that you do not want to see when you select unread

Easy as that.

Gryzor

Not quite - this is an overall setting for the board, not for the "Newsbot" user... which means you're missing everything else that's in the News/Events board as well...

steve

Although I have deselected the news and events forum from showing on the unread page, I still look at the forum afterwards so I don't miss anything interesting.

Of the 20 threads currently on N+E all but two are by newsbot, so the effect is the same.

redbox

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:18, 11 September 10
You can't. This would require some serious code hacking - setting up a filter... But, come on, it's not that many posts, you can just hit "mark all read" when you have opened the ones you want!

Ok, ok, was just being picky because I haven't had a chance to login for ages and had pages of newsbots in my unread page.

Don't have kids if you ever want time to do anything  ;)

Gryzor

Quote from: redbox on 22:52, 12 September 10
Ok, ok, was just being picky because I haven't had a chance to login for ages and had pages of newsbots in my unread page.

Don't have kids if you ever want time to do anything  ;)

Haha :) I know what you mean. You should be here when I first installed the script and there were dozens of posts from each source... :)