News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

NoRecess - Phactory V2.1 released

Started by NewsBot, 02:27, 27 October 11

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

Phactory V2.1 released
27 October 2011, 5:22 am

I finally decided to release my own IDE, called Phactory. It's basically a program that allows to create Amstrad CPC productions without using third-party tools : everything is integrated into the same user interface. The whole development chain is supported : developer can create a new C source file, that will get compiled to ASM, this ASM file can then be compiled to a BINARY file, that binary file can then be compressed then injected into a DSK file that can also be converted later to HFE... and I did not even talk about data converters (bitmap handling, packers, text to charset indices, etc).

Bad news for you is the following disclaimer : this IDE has been created by me, for me. I have (profesional) experience in releasing programs used by others; I'm completely aware of the high level of support required for such a program. Due to that, and I'm pretty serious about this, I WON'T BRING ANY KIND OF SUPPORT TO THIS PROGRAM. Please don't even ask for new features, explanations or whatever. Hope you understand my position.

So.. for the others that may be interesting in testing Phactory ;-) Since there is no dedicated documentation (yet), I will give you here the first steps. Basically, Phactory behaves like Visual Studio does. First, make sure you installed SDCC on your system, as also .Net framework 3.5 (or newer version). Then launch Phactory. Create a new project via File / New Project. In the Project Explorer, you folders have been created for you. By right-clicking on folders, you can have actions to create new resources. Choose "Assembly source file". Then still in Project Explorer, double-click on the freshly created file and create a small ASM program. Make sure to start it with org &4000 (of course you can set any org value here, later). Ctrl+S to save the program. Now right-click on a folder in Project Explorer, create a new Disk file resource (cpcdsk). Double-click on new created resource, click Add.. and then select the output of your ASM file (expected extension is .bin). Save it (Ctrl+S). Now go in Tools/Options and make sure to uncheck "Hide unused resources". Unused resources (output files are also resources !) now appears in Project Explorer. Locate the resource having ".dsk" extension. Right-click on it and select "Set as startup resource". From now, every times you will press the F5 key, it will resolve all dependencies starting for the startup resource, build the resource that changed and will finally run the startup resource ! The "run" feature on "dsk" is binded to WinAPE emulator.  

Basically, that's it. Hate it or love it ! ;-) Phreaks, QuickCMD... could not exist without this program. I really fell myself so productive using it. Be curious ! And keep in mind : no support from me at all....

Download link can be found on official Phactory page, also available in Productions section.

Source: NoRecess the website - News

This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Optimus

Great! I am curious to try it and see if it enhances my developing process or not.
Curiously, there are also C64 emulation files and you can also create a new C64 project too. Is Norecess working on C64 too or was there another reason for these options?

Gryzor

Devilmarkus

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:05, 27 October 11
Bah... give us an intro maker! :D

10 PRINT"BASIC IS LAME!"
20 GOTO 10
RUN
CPCWIKI RULEZ!
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TFM

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 18:01, 27 October 11
10 PRINT"C64 IS LAME!"
20 GOTO 10
RUN
CPCWIKI RULEZ!

Typing errors corrected :-)

Now back to topic...
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

Strange, when I run that program I don't get the "CPCWIKI RULEZ" text, just the text after print in line 10. I think I need to check the listing again :(

Bryce.

TFM

It's a feature - not a bug 8)

However, the listing tells the truth! What ever it writes on your screen - if must be true. Everything on screens is true. ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft