News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

RetroMadrid 2012

Started by deepfb, 15:33, 24 February 12

Previous topic - Next topic

deepfb

We have the dates for RetroMadrid 2012: it will take place on May, 4, 5 and 6, at Matadero Art Centre in Madrid.

If you plan to come to Madrid for the event, please let us know -we may be able to look for accommodation at cpcmaniaco's home, or at mine. Some friends have confirmed their attendance (Nich, cngsoft, KaosOverride who will drive from southwest France where he is currently living -and Syx will try to be also here :-), and we should know as soon as possible who else will come to arrange everything :-)

Some pictures from previous editions:
RetroMadrid 2010
RetroMadrid 2009

TFM

Oh boy!!! I really wished to be able to join! But I can't finish here early enough! However next year I get a big tuck, put all CPC stuff inside and will come to Spain :-)))
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

Ouch... the 6th is election day here in France.

We vote for our "beloved President".

I'm afraid I can't miss this, being an exemplar citizen. :(

TFM

Quote from: MacDeath on 23:16, 24 February 12
Ouch... the 6th is election day here in France.

We vote for our "beloved President".

I'm afraid I can't miss this, being an exemplar citizen. :(

Isn't it clear who wins? Thought 70:30. I mean the race is run, isn't it?

In Germany we get a new President too, but we're not allowed to vote him/her.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

Not the right place to talk about it, but in Germany you have more democratic things actually.

And opinion polls are not reliable these days, especially here in France.

Anyway, I'm looking if I can come or not, I would love but many factors beside the election are to take into account too.

TFM

Quote from: MacDeath on 00:19, 25 February 12
Not the right place to talk about it, but in Germany you have more democratic things actually.

Good joke! You already go to jail for asking questions ;-)

But back to topic! Disregarding the votes in France the date to meet is IMHO a good choice, because in the end of may way too much things already take place.

Maybe we'll meet next year! Would be great!
TFM of FutureSoft

deepfb

So now we have a press release on RetroMadrid 2012:

AUIC is proud to announce RetroMadrid 2012, one of the biggest fairs in Europe specifically dedicated to vintage computers, consoles and games, now becoming a festival. The present edition moves its location to "Matadero", a leading arts centre in Madrid that provides 1,800 square yards to RetroMadrid activities. It will take place on 4-5-6 of May, 2012.

RetroMadrid's approach to Videogames as a cultural product is reflected on the opening show on Friday 4, "Sinfonía Pixelada", performed by Camerata Musicalis conducted by Edgar Martín, in addition to the spoken word interpretation by César Astudillo. First day activities will end with chiptunes artist 4Dboy, performing an amazing show that blends Gameboy console potential to media culture.

Our popular fair will take place on Saturday 5, with exhibitors devoted to different platforms (Commodore, Amstrad, MSX, SNK, Sega...) showing new software products and hardware devices, along with vintage consoles & computers. We will also have a special exhibition focused on Sinclair ZX Spectrum 30th anniversary, aimed to show the birth of Videogame industry in Spain to young people, another exhibition on Tetris 25th anniversary organized by VEB Xenon, and the popular Arcade Machine Area set up by AUMAP.

Also on Saturday, a round-table meeting on software preservation will be held, with the participation of international speakers -Andreas Lange (Computerspiele Museum of Berlin, KEEP Project), Marco Accordi Rickards (University of Rome Tor Vergata, AIOMI) and Moacyr Alves Jr (ACIGAMES) among others. By the way, don't miss the vintage lot and the tournaments taking place during the day!

Please take a look out on our webpage to know this year's exhibitors list.

It is always sad to say goodbye, but we will try to make the last day, Sunday 6th, a happy closing session with some big lectures and presentations.

The first of them will focus on "La Abadía del Crimen". On its 25th anniversary, Manuel Pazos, Antonio Giner and Juan Delcán will uncover some juicy details on its making of. "La Abadía del Crimen" is considered one of the best 8 bits games ever made.

The second act will include the launch of a new book, "Ocho quilates, una historia de la edad de oro del software español" by journalist and writer Jaume Esteve. Juan Carlos "Adonías" (Mondo Píxel) will host a talk with the author, Víctor Ruiz (Dinamic), Rafael Gómez (Topo Soft), Paco Suarez (Ópera Soft), Paco Pastor (Erbe) y Fernando Rada (Zigurat) on the "golden age" of the Spanish videogame industry.

Also on Sunday, RetroMadrid Lifetime Career Award will be presented to Alfonso Azpiri (famous illustrator, well known for his job on Camelot Warriors or Army Moves), in collaboration with Mondo Píxel.

RetroMadrid: 4-6 May, 2012, from 11,00 am to 9,30 pm. Matadero Madrid, Paseo de la Chopera, 10. Underground Station: Legazpi (Lines 3 and 6). Free entry. For more information, please visit  http://www.retromadrid.org/index.php?idioma=en

I have awaited until the end of VCFe to promote RetroMadrid, since I wouldn't like that anyone would perceive any kind of rivalry between the two events ;-)

SyX

It's not the same, but you can see the atmosphere by tweeter in
https://twitter.com/#!/amstradesp
or
http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23RetroMadrid

And there is a few cpc news already ;)

MacDeath

Hope you're all having fun there. :)

"Sardina forever" is it a proper remake of "Sabrina" ?

(the game about this really sexy singer from the late 80's... Sabrina Salerno ?)

hope pictores will come soon.

SyX

Quote from: MacDeath on 17:50, 05 May 12
"Sardina forever" is it a proper remake of "Sabrina" ?
(the game about this really sexy singer from the late 80's... Sabrina Salerno ?)
Yes and yes  ;D And the curious thing is the person that has remade it, it's the same person that made the original cpc version in the 80s  ;)

MacDeath

yeay... I knew it (we talked about this one)...

a (bad) speccy port corriged by the same person who did it wrong at first place....

Thx spanish scene for this.

just hope you displayed the various recent Amstrad CPC demos (wakeup, batman (spanish, you did...), still the best, and so on...)

anyway it is good to see that you spanish guys are doing "releases"" especialitad por el" "event"...

(linguistic mess up, spanish cow translating, fran-glich lol...)

that's the spirit/good thing... to release something especially for some event.

and you know...

france, UK, Spañia und deutcherlanderns... half europa/civilized world... (Amstrad world actually...)

SyX

The official statistics are not ready yet, but they are talking about 5000 attendees... Yes, i have said 5 Thousands!!! :D :D :D

It has been a great success!!! :D

Are you going to miss RetroMadrid 2013??? ;)

The spanish forums are filled with photos galleries, i'm going to put a few ones where you can see pictures of the GUA (Amstrad Users Group):
RetroMadrid 2012 - a set on Flickr
Foto's - Google+
Foto's - Google+
Foto's - Google+
Foto's - Google+

Un paseo por RetroMadrid 2012

Devilmarkus

I'm sure, this has been very funny :)

Nice event!
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release