News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

RetroMadrid meeting

Started by deepfb, 12:51, 23 March 18

Previous topic - Next topic

deepfb

RetroMadrid will take place on the 28th and 29th of April, but the spanish GUA (Grupo de Usuarios de Amstrad, Amstrad User Group) will hold a stall there only on Saturday 28, 2018.

We may show some new hardware & software developments... or we may not. We have been able to host new games in the past years, but we never can guarantee anything -it depends on the availability of the people who works on those developments. Anyway, if we don't have new projects to display, we will have a good time chatting and meeting other Amstrad users.

Dadman, Rhino (member of the Batman Group) and Syx at RM2013

Artaburu, cpcmaniaco, MiguelSky and Nich Campbell at RM2009

MacDeath, helping me to put everything in the car before RM2010

A Spectrum user, jgnavarro (author of Cuauhtémoc) and cngsoft, at RM2010

jgnavarro at RM2012

Robcfg, playing Freddy Hardest on an Aleste, at RM2008

Metr (on the right... the guy on the left is the boss of RetroMadrid) won the first prize of a videogame contest held at RM2013... and yet he had to take it to his home, 300 km away!

The PCW crew (Habi, Jevicac, Robcfg) at RM 2017, with some other users you may know (ie, Dandare)

KaosOverride at RM2009

If anybody plan to come, please let us know (by 'us' I mean cpcmaniaco or me), so we can help you to look for accommodation.

MacDeath

Enjoy then.
;)

would be cool that some spanish dudes would at last update/create  the Wiki pages on the matter.

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Retro_Madrid
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Retro_Madrid_2010

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/MadriSX
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/MadriSX_2007

I mean a lot of editions are still undocumented (at least the ones where GUA and other amstradist association attended) in the CPCwiki and I cannot quite do it as most sources are in spanish.

ComSoft6128

Great photos, thank you.

DanyPPC

CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

Gryzor

Very friendly looking bunch of guys :)

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

MiguelSky

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:56, 25 March 18
Very friendly looking bunch of guys :)
Certainly  8)

deepfb

New game by ESP Soft: Galactic Tomb (nice scroll!), along with a portable MIDI player.

Amstrad PCW modded by Habi to display colours!

Risky Rick for Colevision, by Easter Egg

The X-CPC board prototype was running demos all the day; the 6128 on the right was showing new version of cngsoft's Basket Cases, and also the demos that won at the Revision party. And next to it is a Spectrum +2 with a text adventure that one of the GUA's member has just done.

Very funny day, I must say. It was also interesting when Jon Ritman explained cngsoft why he choose Hire Hare game as his favourite game in 2016 and gave him some advice on how to create a more realistic/playable display of characters on an isometric environment -it was a master explanation. And we had also this face-to-face between Raúl Nogales and 4Mhz on a round table, but I preferred not to attend. And I am still trying to guess who is this Rául Nogales guy, what he is creating or has created before, and where he comes from :-P

fano

Nice photos  ;D
Shame i wasn't able to go there  :'(

Nice to see Risky Rick near CPC's  ;D
I'm amazed with color PCW , does it relies on dithering recognition ? (00 and 11 are colors 0 & 1 but 01 and 10 are colors 2 & 3 or something like this)
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

Habi

Quote from: fano on 14:10, 29 April 18
I'm amazed with color PCW , does it relies on dithering recognition ? (00 and 11 are colors 0 & 1 but 01 and 10 are colors 2 & 3 or something like this)

Hi.
It's something like that; in 4 colour mode (360 x 256) the index colour is simply each 2 bits group (00, 01, 10, 11 are 0, 1, 2, 3 respectively). Same for 16 colour mode (180 x 256).
In attribute mode (360 x 256), reads 16 bits; 8 for attribute (4 background, 4 foreground) and 8 for bitmap. It's similar to Spectrum / Timex, MSX, Thomson, etc. where you have only 2 colours in each 8x1 block, but could use all 16 colours at the same time without rasters at the same resolution as the 4-colour mode. It also facilitates ports from those platforms.

kawickboy

Jon Ritman was there ?  :o

fano

Quote from: Habi on 23:15, 29 April 18
Hi.
It's something like that; in 4 colour mode (360 x 256) the index colour is simply each 2 bits group (00, 01, 10, 11 are 0, 1, 2, 3 respectively). Same for 16 colour mode (180 x 256).
In attribute mode (360 x 256), reads 16 bits; 8 for attribute (4 background, 4 foreground) and 8 for bitmap. It's similar to Spectrum / Timex, MSX, Thomson, etc. where you have only 2 colours in each 8x1 block, but could use all 16 colours at the same time without rasters at the same resolution as the 4-colour mode. It also facilitates ports from those platforms.
Nice ! i love the simplicity (not in conception i suppose) and power of the 4 colors mode, do you plan to distribute this card ? does it will need modifcation of the PCW ? do you estimate the cost of the modification ?

Habi

Quote from: fano on 10:47, 30 April 18
Nice ! i love the simplicity (not in conception i suppose) and power of the 4 colors mode, do you plan to distribute this card ? does it will need modifcation of the PCW ? do you estimate the cost of the modification ?
It's just a prototype at this moment; I'm using a cheap FPGA board (about $10, link) and using about 1% of it.
I don't think I'll publish a finished version in the near future because I want to make a bus interface, integrate DK'Sound, HDMI, ... But if you want to experiment by yourself I can send you the code, instructions, etc.

fano

Quote from: Habi on 11:21, 30 April 18
It's just a prototype at this moment; I'm using a cheap FPGA board (about $10, link) and using about 1% of it.
I don't think I'll publish a finished version in the near future because I want to make a bus interface, integrate DK'Sound, HDMI, ... But if you want to experiment by yourself I can send you the code, instructions, etc.
no problem, i'll wait , my PCWs are well protected in their boxes and i don't have time and space actually to get them out.BTW, are you the guy who made a fast RAM expansion for PCW ?

MacDeath

weren't your PCWs exploded by your children ?

deepfb

Quote from: kawickboy on 09:29, 30 April 18
Jon Ritman was there ?  :o

Here you can see Jon Ritman along with some members of this forum (habi, jevicac, toto, joseman and cngsoft) -you can try to guess who is who xD

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

fano

Quote from: MacDeath on 21:18, 30 April 18
weren't your PCWs exploded by your children ?
Nope, i do own two more  ;)

MacDeath

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Retro_Madrid_2018

May add some informatiions for whom went there and perhaps a few photos or even some report of events or games displayed.

If you want.

deepfb

RetroMadrid 2020 will take place on 8-10 May 2020. Anybody considering to come, please contact us to check if we have room enough in our homes to host you :D

We plan to take part as exhibitors only on the 9th of May; the other days we may go as visitors.