News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Revision 2017

Started by toms, 12:58, 29 December 16

Previous topic - Next topic

MaV

I'm elated that Logon System's/Overflow's won second place, especially since the oldskool compo was very, very competitive this year!

Interestingly enough, the Revision thread at Vogon (a retro computing forum concentrating on the DOS/early Windows era) also shows a lot of enthusiasm for Logon's run:

BTW, "Logon's run" = reference to Logan's run?
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

MacDeath

Quote from: MaV on 14:27, 25 April 17
BTW, "Logon's run" = reference to Logan's run?
Well done Kaptän Obvious... you saved the day once again.

:D

"An idyllic sci-fi future has one major drawback: life must end at the age of 30."
as Logons is "since 1988" they have to run to the outside of Alpha complex... but I guess it would be traitorious to our  friendly computer.
Remember, happiness is mandatory.

MaV

Quote from: MacDeath on 18:04, 26 April 17
Well done Kaptän Obvious... you saved the day once again.

:D

"An idyllic sci-fi future has one major drawback: life must end at the age of 30."
as Logons is "since 1988" they have to run to the outside of Alpha complex... but I guess it would be traitorious to our  friendly computer.
Remember, happiness is mandatory.
In our generation perhaps it is, but we're about to go the way of the Dodo much faster than any of us is comfortable with it, and the next generation is not likely to know such movies.
Anyway, I haven't seen the movie in decades, it simply isn't shown on TV anymore (if I watch at all), and you'd have to actively seek such gems out, if you haven't forgotten about it.

I'd be very curious to know how many have heard about Tricatel and what the company does? (well, yes, the French guys know, doh!)
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

MacDeath

QuoteI'd be very curious to know how many have heard about Tricatel and what the company does? (well, yes, the French guys know, doh!)

so, wing or leg ?
can't comapre a french movie and Hollywood superprods.

Pop culture knowledge is quite dependant on whether the older generation (Us) would transmit it to their children, of whether you happen to find it on the internet.

Oh and it had the lovely Farrah Fawcet.

Considering most 70's classics are being remade, Logoan's Run may also get some well deserved remake or reboot.
I loved how it also made it into one of the best pen and paper RPG ever : Paranoia !
this one even had a CPC/computer game, but couldn't find any longplay of it on CPC actually
(Please someone to do it ? I could only find Speccy, c64 and Amiga versions' videos)

70s sci-fy/futuristic movies were somewhat always strange but interesting.
Logan's run, Zardoz, Futureworld, Soylent green, Rollerball, Alien, Statrwar, Colossus : Forbin project, Silent Running and many more..
Sorry that was all a bit out of topic.

Post Edit :

Article about the Titan's Demo in french magazine "LeMonde".

http://www.lemonde.fr/world-wide-wow/article/2017/04/27/la-mega-drive-dans-ses-derniers-retranchements_5118915_4409292.html

toms

Hi there,

I wrote a report of Revision 2017 some months ago. Initially planned for the next issue of Another World (that's why it's in French), it's finally published on Quasar Net. Just follow the link!

http://quasar.cpcscene.net/doku.php?id=meetings:meetings_revision2017_toms

roudoudou

Spoiler about krusty next effect required!

Tanks for the report
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Targhan

Nice report, thanks! It reminded me I didn't even try the arcade games and the flippers! Shame on me. Too busy coding :) .
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime