News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Revision 2017

Started by toms, 12:58, 29 December 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Prodatron

It's crazy, currently half of all registered people from France are Amstrad CPC guys :D (if you count Made as well)

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

MacDeath

Hi guys, I'm new here... I just found my father's old CPC464 in my parent's basements and it reminded me the thing I could see in 1996 when I was 7years old...
I don't know how it works but it looks cool I have no friends please take me in....

:doh:

ok I am currently motivated to go too.
I don't know yet if I can reserve some of my "congés payés" for this but I will make the demand perhaps next month...
Will there be available reservations for the event by debut of next month or is it full on the first week 5 month before like a genius bar appointment ?

Quite motivated because long time since haven't been to germany (despite the event being almost france/frontier) and I quite like to see Overflow/Toto/Ast/south-east French Amstradists more than only once a year (and other amstradists more than once per life).

Also I followed the event live on internet a few time and... well... quite tempting indeed.
I love the thinking of having a band of french Amstradist trolling those Speccy/C64its from north/east europe.

And I love the thinking of drinking Weissbier unt Wursten mit cartöfelenz ab nach Rhein das ganz arshficken sein*.

anyway, it would be after the long next 3 month of Fucking** winter... will need to de-compress

So I hope you may count me in.

Would be a pleasant occasion to make some advertisement for the Alchimie 2017 as well...
:)

QuoteIt's crazy, currently half of all registered people from France are Amstrad CPC guys
guess what, you'd better have the so awaited probably acclaimed 6128PLUS version of SymbOS ready for this.
Where are my rasters ?  where are my hardsprites ? Where is my cartridge version ? where is my analog-port-mouse driver ? Where are my sound DMA ? Where is my fullscreen/PCW sized screen resolution ?
get off MSX TurboR !!!

QuoteWow!  so many guys coming - it's gonna be huge!!!
You says that like it is a back-room party... :laugh:
it is not every often that YOU announce some (we hope decent) release and publicly announce it a lot too.
We want to vote for you... (well only me I guess)

We may even get elitist there : "was ist das ? ein Schneider CPC464 ? get off you schnitzel eater, only a real french qwerty Amstrad CPC6128 is good enough !"****

2016 was quite a CPC year with quite a lot of games prods... now some may want to be part of the real Scene, not generate only private drama scenes.

*entshuldigüng, mein Deutsches es nicht zehr gut nach alles... I dropped mid-class...
** https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fucking,_Austria ***
*** ich bin ein fuckinger.
**** needless to say I have the most profound and deep respect for German Kültüre and no sense of humour.*****
***** please don't hurt me.

Prodatron

Haha, I always love your posts! :D
Looking forward to meet you!

MacDeath

any news ? who already did urchase his tickets ?

when is this the best time to purchase them to be sure to have a place there ?
???

Targhan

I already bought my ticket, but it seems it is not mandatory.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

MaV

Quote from: beb on 17:35, 04 January 17
Most of time, a lot of seats are already reserved by "famous" PC groups. You can find sticker on tables with their names. (very democratic)
If Someone find a tricks to do the same :) :) :)
We did the same the last two times when I was at the Revision. Just use paper and scribble names on it. That way you can reserve seats for the others who come later. We arrived between 12h and 13h and our seats were right in the middle, not too far from the stage, not too close to the entrance.
The good thing is, others respect the reservations. :)
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

tastefulmrship

THE METEORIKS awards will be a part of this year's Revision demoparty (as always).
You can vote for the "Public Choice" award until the end of MARCH (next Friday). How about voting for PINBALL DREAMS CPC (PREVIEW) by BATMAN GROUP (and me)? I know I have! ^_^

Just follow the link above... or, perhaps this one - https://2017.meteoriks.org/start - and click on "Take Part" and "Public Choice Award"
You will need to create a SceneID if you don't already have one, but make the Amstrad famous again (which seems to be what the BATMAN GROUP do best) by giving Rhino et al a Meteorik at the biggest demoparty in the world!

Prodatron

Quote from: MaV on 10:02, 02 March 17
We did the same the last two times when I was at the Revision. Just use paper and scribble names on it. That way you can reserve seats for the others who come later. We arrived between 12h and 13h and our seats were right in the middle, not too far from the stage, not too close to the entrance.
The good thing is, others respect the reservations. :)
It depends. If most of the good seats are already occupied people won't be happy if you occupy a good place just with some papers. It is really important, that there are already some people there at 12:00 when they open the doors.

Bryce

Quote from: Prodatron on 21:14, 26 March 17
It depends. If most of the good seats are already occupied people won't be happy if you occupy a good place just with some papers. It is really important, that there are already some people there at 12:00 when they open the doors.

Come on Prodatron,  real Germans just turn up at 6am with a bath towel to reserve their space!  :D

Bryce.

krusty_benediction

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 18:10, 26 March 17
THE METEORIKS awards will be a part of this year's Revision demoparty (as always).
You can vote for the "Public Choice" award until the end of MARCH (next Friday). How about voting for PINBALL DREAMS CPC (PREVIEW) by BATMAN GROUP (and me)? I know I have! ^_^

Just follow the link above... or, perhaps this one - https://2017.meteoriks.org/start - and click on "Take Part" and "Public Choice Award"
You will need to create a SceneID if you don't already have one, but make the Amstrad famous again (which seems to be what the BATMAN GROUP do best) by giving Rhino et al a Meteorik at the biggest demoparty in the world!

In my opinion, a preview does not deserves a vote in such contest, only the final version.
I don't think there is even an Amstrad CPC prod in 2016 which even deserves that (except maybe Futur's part of the 30yomd), but you there are for the c64

MaV

Quote from: Prodatron on 21:14, 26 March 17It depends. If most of the good seats are already occupied people won't be happy if you occupy a good place just with some papers. It is really important, that there are already some people there at 12:00 when they open the doors.
We've been there at 13h, 13:30h at most the first time, and two years ago Octoate even beat me and arrived 12:30h I think, so no damage done. Besides it's only been for our small group of people. And as far as I can remember, these aren't even the most preferred places (right in the middle), as quite a few people were already sitting in front of and behind us.

But let me rephrase that:
People at the party respect the notion that you like to sit together with your friends.

Prodatron

Quote from: MaV on 10:55, 28 March 17We've been there at 13h, 13:30h at most the first time, and two years ago Octoate even beat me and arrived 12:30h I think, so no damage done.
Haha, I am exactly speaking about 2 years ago  :D I was there at 12:00 and reserving our Amstrad table with printed papers, and before you and Octoate arrived people were already starting to complain about this (because it was quite a good place). I am just repeating myself: Would be great if this year I am not the only one who arrives before 12:00 (if we would like to have one big table at a good place).

Targhan

I should be present when the door opens, so I'm sure the two of us is enough to block the angry mob trying to invade the CPC corner :) !

But I think Hicks and Beb should also be around at that time.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Prodatron

MaV

Quote from: Prodatron on 11:19, 28 March 17Haha, I am exactly speaking about 2 years ago  :D I was there at 12:00 and reserving our Amstrad table with printed papers, and before you and Octoate arrived people were already starting to complain about this (because it was quite a good place). I am just repeating myself: Would be great if this year I am not the only one who arrives before 12:00 (if we would like to have one big table at a good place).
Ah, ok. I can't remember if you've told me before, but then it's been two years already ...
Perhaps they even nagged when I reserved the tables for us the year before. But I'm used to nagging since Austrians are masters at it. People would need to complain a lot to receive my attention. :P

I won't be at the party this year. Have fun!

MacDeath

>> germanics talking about punktuality

yeah yeah, as a french I'll be late I guess.

Prodatron

Here is the list of Amstrad fellows for tomorrow I have so far (in no special order):

Toms
Targhan
Overflow
BSC
Octoate
Prodatron
Toto
Phi2x
Eliot
Hicks
Beb
Krusty
MacDeath
Zik
Offset

Please tell me, if I forgot someone.
Targhan, BSC, me and maybe Octoate and more will try to reserve a big table this time for all of us, I will print some papers now.
CU tomorrow! :)

Octoate

Kanga is missing... :). See you tomorrow!
--

BSC

Quote from: Prodatron on 17:05, 13 April 17
Targhan, BSC, me and maybe Octoate and more will try to reserve a big table this time for all of us, I will print some papers now.
CU tomorrow! :)

Yes! We should def try to reserve a huge CPC table for the first reunion since Klassentreffen 2001(?). I will bring some football gear to repel those nasty Amiga dudes  ;D
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

BSC

Can we all please wear an Amstrad shirt (or Zap't'Balls or something in a similar vein) so we recognize each other at the doors? That would surely help, since most of us turned partly grey :D

I'll look for my Amstrad shirt right NOW
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

Prodatron

Quote from: BSC on 20:16, 13 April 17That would surely help, since most of us turned partly grey :D
I am appearing like in the past, just older and more ugly as usual  ;D

Hope this will help to get our Amstrad table:
[attachimg=1]

Phi2x

krusty_benediction

Quote from: Prodatron on 23:18, 13 April 17
I am appearing like in the past, just older and more ugly as usual  ;D

Hope this will help to get our Amstrad table:
[attachimg=1]
marvelous. I leave home in 5minutes, time for an 8h trip

BSC

We. Are. Inside!

villain

Quote from: BSC on 11:44, 14 April 17
We. Are. Inside!

Prepare your Ohropax (pour Targhan et les autres Français: bouchons d'oreilles) and your Lederhosen if Kanga is going to present the latest Lenöre-Dreck. :-)