News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Revision 2017

Started by toms, 12:58, 29 December 16

Previous topic - Next topic

BSC

*Clapping hands intensely* Congrats to the 30 years CPC demo crew for being nominated in the "best low-end demo" category!
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

Phi2x

roudoudou

Coming up amiga intro

Where are you cpc in the room?

I want to see you!
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

roudoudou

Old school demo now!

Ast

Great Logon System demo!
Where is my cat ?
Where is MacDeath ? Pfewwww.

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

Duke

wow yes, great demo by Overflow  !! Impressive ;)

roudoudou

The legendary Oliverflow strikes again!

arnoldemu

Quote from: roudoudou on 09:25, 16 April 17
Yes!

@Overflow: Stunning! Impossible!  :o
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Maniac

Quote from: roudoudou on 09:25, 16 April 17
My flabber has been gasted! Absolutely stunning! Since when did the CPC do what look like playfields and smooth 3D!

You are a certified genius @Overflow !

villain

Chapeau, Olivier!  :o

Ast

A genious ? Of course, he is.
Does someone found my cat ?

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

Nich

Here's the link to Pouët for Overflow's new demo, Logon's Run: 3D Meets the Aging 8-bits.

I was very impressed! :)

BSC

That desperate looking scrubby cat straying around the tables .. does it belong to anyone?
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

BSC

Quote from: Maniac on 09:45, 16 April 17
My flabber has been gasted!

the same here, mate... im-pres-sive!

MacDeath

What cat ?

Hard to have to compete against a data-pushing Megadrive demo that basically data streams its way through the existing hardsprites...
>:(

No wonder no good C64 demo was released this year, the competition was unfair(light).

LYNX demo wasn't bad but the colour palettes were bad it screwed the graphics in my thoughs. (greys, monocolours or brownish hues like BAD C64 meets ST graphics).

C64: few badly (un)colour graphics, attribute character effects with few sprites pushed over. and the earbleeding farts of a SID.
Also doublre scrolltext (not even fluid) so you cannot even read those shits.
TD;DR

Atari2600 had a pair of nice parts and a music somewhat passable, considering the machine, but too much texts in the end.

AppleIIgs was assassinated in my opinion.
this rare hardware obviously failed to have a proper way to rip - capture the Demo so it was all blurred and unwatchable (else a basic AtariST/A500 kind of vide).

Needless to say my rustles were giggled (and still are)

Targhan

Now back from Revision 2017! It's been an absolute blast. Great people, great demos (although the PC demos >64kb were quite disappointing), not-so-good music and not-so-bad food!

Funny to think how, after all these years on CPC, I never met people like Prodatron, BSC or Kangaroo "in the real world". It is now done.
Well done to Overflow for its great demo. And watching Krusty's with one of my song on a huge screen is actually quite uplifting!

I'll definitely try to go back next year.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

MacDeath

QuoteIt's been an absolute blast.
even a sonic megablast giga-ghettoblaster style.
ouch my ears...

I'm quite sad : Wunderbar was only 40 points behind the 3rd place. That's quite close.

Prodatron

Holy sh.. this year Revision was just so amazing!  :o
I never want to have a Revision without a big Amstrad CPC group anymore :D It was so cool with all you french guys, it was a pleasure for me to meet many of you for the first time, you are all such great guys! E.g. having cool (javascript/hardware) talks with Phi2x and TotO, enjoing crazy presentations from Overflow, drinking beer with MacDeath, driving Taxi with Targhan after beeing drunken etc etc, what do you want more?
Really good to reserve an own Amstrad area instead of sitting widespread around in the big hall like in the past. We should definitely do this every year now! :)
Targhan already said everything, it was an absolute blast for me as well, and I hope most - or better - more of you will come next year again! :) (maybe from the UK, Spain, Greece etc again as well? :) )
Congratulations to Overflow and Krusty for your great Amstrad entries! Too bad, that the crazy mindblowing Logon's Run was mixed with a 16bit Sega Megadrive Demo, not fair at all, but of course it was the best 8bit entry anyway.

Looking forward to Revision 2018!

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

beb

The Amstrad "French Touch" (without Breizh guy)... with a funny intruder  :)

>> Oldskool Rules // Asic Suxx <<

beb

Happy peoples... with Targhan.
>> Oldskool Rules // Asic Suxx <<

MacDeath

I made a compilation of twitch's live comments... priceless.

Those were during the Logon's entrie display.

Enjoy.

(reduced it to 8bit code because it is huge and too big to be posted here in 24bits or 32bits colours)

BSC

Quote from: beb on 22:57, 17 April 17
The Amstrad "French Touch" (without Breizh guy)... with a funny intruder  :)

That british guy who accidentally mingled in looks friendly, though ..

MacDeath

We French sadly know too much how to deal with British and German intruders...
(personnally I try to outdrink and outspeak them, they got bored or drunk and leave... I often fail pathetically.)

Funnily the British shirt dude is not the actual sneaky briton invader, guess it was a falseflag operation.  :laugh:

From what I understand, this years the big C64 demos were not to be released at RAVE-ision2017 but at other contests.

To be fair(light) the oldschool category was heavily loaded by more "scene-exotic" formats I guess.
No amiga "old" dared come there.

Also Amiga need to stick to their own private wankfest in order to preserve the category ( = have a decent number or participations).

Any mundane ST demo (unless a cleverly brilliant Falcon megademo redefining its format) would have been instant-killed by most other machines beside C64.

Atari2600, AppleIIgs, CPC and Megadrive were having a titan fight, somewhat.

Truck (the bigbearsantaclausgandalf commentator from the twitch lives) was basically overclocked to the meltdown and would collapse often during the Oldschools... and it wasn't just the beers.  ;)

(great guy anyway, those comments/podcasts are great indeed)

Post Edit : how many Oliviers in the photo ?  :laugh:

VincentGR

LOL

Truck (the bigbearsantaclausgandalf commentator from the twitch lives) was basically overclocked to the meltdown and would collapse often during the Oldschools... and it wasn't just the beers.

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Well that's impressive!

I look forward to the technical implementation writeup!

I'm guessing a pile of CRTC tricks (beyond the overscan) to repeat screen sections, with offsets, and abusing hardware scrolling to boot to cycle through 9/18 frames?