News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

SymbOS 2.1 Final released

Started by Prodatron, 18:30, 02 September 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Edoz(MSX)

Yes! Think it is already possible with the current release.

radu14m

what about using screen mode 2 for the symbos ?

Should look like this ( from batman demo ).

Morri

Quote from: Trebmint on 10:40, 11 December 14
Sounds very feasible even with symbasic as it is. The more symbos developers and apps the better:) I plan to have a symbos development competition early 2015.
As for size... well apps can be 63k, but you can reserve as many 16k banks for data after that as you need, and the new yet to be implemented GFX library allows for 64k of quick graphics with some very nice effects
Competition sounds cool! Hopefully a good way to motivate people to develop for the platform. While I'm waiting for the final release. I might start playing around with symstudio to get myself acquainted to it.
Quote from: Prodatron on 15:12, 11 December 14
@Morri: That sounds very nice and realistic! :) In this case SymBasic should be best for it. Handling 100 objects on the playfield + some additional controls isn't a problem at all. And I really like such kind of games!
Glad you like the idea @Prodatron, if it all works out the game idea will be turn-based similar to turnament (Turnament - A Free Game by Nitrome) which I think is an amazing game. My version would be a lot simplier and I'd like to aim more for an RPG setting similar to my Eternal Light / retro Zelda games. I already have the tileset (not my own but from the opengameart forum) and mocked up an example screen before I went to bed last night using RGAS.

Keeping it Kiwi since 1977

Trebmint

The main thing to remember is that symbos development isnt just CPC, so that means you can work the images in 4 and 16 colours

Prodatron

Quote from: radu14m on 19:01, 11 December 14
what about using screen mode 2 for the symbos ?
Should look like this ( from batman demo ).

Yes, SymbOS looks like the batman demo in Mode 2  :P

[attachimg=1]

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Prodatron

Quote from: Morri on 20:00, 11 December 14
if it all works out the game idea will be turn-based similar to turnament (Turnament - A Free Game by Nitrome) which I think is an amazing game. My version would be a lot simplier and I'd like to aim more for an RPG setting similar to my Eternal Light / retro Zelda games. I already have the tileset (not my own but from the opengameart forum) and mocked up an example screen before I went to bed last night using RGAS.
Very cool! Trebmint can probably tell you more about the Tile editor of SymStudio. It has been created for exactly such stuff. Maybe this helps you to get an idea about it:

A sample symstudio project - YouTube

Symstudio project part 2 - YouTube

Prodatron

Edoz(MSX)

I created a small update for Tetris. (I solved some small bugs)

DOWNLOAD LINK TO TETRIS V1.1