News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Teodoro No Sabe Volar - preview

Started by Nich, 18:37, 17 November 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Nich

It seems that the MSX group Dimension Z are working on a CPC conversion of the Spectrum game Teodoro No Sabe Volar, which was released by the Spanish group RetroWorks in 2010. The YouTube video below was uploaded a couple of months ago. I'm very surprised that no one seems to have noticed it until now!

Preview of Teodoro No Sabe Volar on YouTube
I have played the Spectrum version, and based on what I've seen in the video, the CPC version plays a lot better! :P

tastefulmrship

Looks really nice. A happy little tune in the background fits the game-play nicely, too!
Can't wait for the release!

SyX

Quote from: Nich on 18:37, 17 November 12I'm very surprised that no one seems to have noticed it until now!
Well, it's not a big secret between the spanish people, we played to a beta (only a few details to be finished) during the last weekend in the ParlaBytes spanish retromeeting :) and i'm sure that it's going to be announced here when it's finished :P

TotO

A worderfull CPC port showing again that is possible to make better things (gfx and sound) on our computer. :)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Metr

It's a really nice game, can't wait to see the release! :)

Devilmarkus

The game looks fine!
I hope it'll be released soon ;)

Glad to see a spectrum port which doesnt look like a spectrum port... :D
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

mr_lou

Looks great indeed, but also looks quite difficult.

Metr

Quote from: mr_lou on 02:44, 18 November 12
Looks great indeed, but also looks quite difficult.

Haha, of course! It's a spanish game!  ;)

Not really, also it has been modified to make some areas easier, wait for the proper release :D

tastefulmrship

If anyone is interested in how the Speccy version plays here's an online version;
http://www.sinclair.hu/java_emu/emu.php?jateknev=Teodoro%20no%20sabe%20volar&tapfajlnev=TeodoroNSVen.tap.gz

The 464 version looks like it plays a lot better! (Yay for CPC!)

EDIT: I hope there's an English (... and French and German) version coming out, too!

ZilogZ80a

Hello,

'm Pepe Vila, the developer of the MSX and Amstrad version.
Glad to know that the game is enjoying worldwide.

The turns I'm giving so that everything can go into a 464, and I do not believe this to be not easy.

Currently the game is completely finished, with all its soundtrack and sfx's which was what remained to be done.

Now work to incorporate the history of the game start and end of the story. But I've run out of space for the 2 stories and I'm wondering how to get it all.

Sorry for my Bad English.

P.S. We talk about port from spectrum, but is a product fully programmed for amstrad, using hardware-in Dual Screen mode 0, with pixel graphics and movement.

tastefulmrship

Quote from: ZilogZ80a on 11:45, 18 November 12
Now work to incorporate the history of the game start and end of the story. But I've run out of space for the 2 stories and I'm wondering how to get it all.
The only thing I was thinking of was to simplify the title screen (ie take out the image of Teodoro, just leave that as the loading screen). Would this give you enough space left for the end-story?

Or, perhaps load the end-story in as a separate file from disc?

ZilogZ80a

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 12:26, 18 November 12
The only thing I was thinking of was to simplify the title screen (ie take out the image of Teodoro, just leave that as the loading screen). Would this give you enough space left for the end-story?

Or, perhaps load the end-story in as a separate file from disc?

The main menu of the game is something you do not want to remove or reduce.

One of the things I'm thinking, is played only once in the history of the game start. history of course has to be tucked end the game.

I do not want to do multi-load, as in tape version that is a nuisance.

I am with something that could make the two stories are included.

tastefulmrship

Quote from: ZilogZ80a on 12:40, 18 November 12
The main menu of the game is something you do not want to remove or reduce.
Ok, another option would be to pack the intro story screens (ie full screens, not sprites and text) into the same file as the loading/title screen.

Have the intro story play out (as it does now, screen by screen) and then end with the loading screen.
Each intro screen can be packed with Exomizer the same way as the loading/title screen is, but because they are less complicated, they will be a lot smaller in size.

Pro -
- It means you can have the end story loaded as part of the main game and it would fit in the same space as the intro story currently does.

Cons -
- You only get to see the intro story once.
- TAPE users will have a slightly longer load time, even with SPEED WRITE 1.

TotO

May be using Exomizer to pack all data and do miracles, like it does for R-Type ?  ;D
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

ZilogZ80a

Quote from: TotO on 13:33, 18 November 12
May be using Exomizer to pack all data and do miracles, like it does for R-Type ?  ;D

I currently use as the aplib compressor, but do not rule out using the new version of Exomizer.
The 51 screens and all the music and some other things but they are already compressed. but were that it would be impossible to put all this in a 464.

But calm I've found the solution that can give me the space I need to incorporate the remainder.

TFM

An English Version would be nice  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

Quote from: TFM/FS on 06:28, 19 November 12
Sure, replacing spanish text by english one is enough to free space.  ;D
(don't kick, don't kick)

Gryzor

Oh, this looks really lovely, I really like the colour scheme. Very cute in everything. Wish the playing area was bigger, mainly because things look cramped in there, but it doesn't matter much :)

Oh, here's the Specrum original:

Teodoro no sabe volar (Retroworks, 2010)

ZilogZ80a

Quote from: TFM/FS on 06:28, 19 November 12

Of course compile 2 versions.

A Spanish version and another version in English.

If anyone wants to translate into another language such as French, German, Dutch etc etc.

He provided the texts in English and you send me the translation.

MacDeath

Topic at CPCrulez too.

http://cpcrulez.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?p=21545#p21545

while at it, aim for a french version too...

McKlain

I'm going to ask for a spanish version of every single new project for the cpc. I don't care if it's a game, a demo or a new utility in rom.

Just for laughs  ;D

TFM

Quote from: McKlain on 17:45, 19 November 12
I'm going to ask for a spanish version of every single new project for the cpc. I don't care if it's a game, a demo or a new utility in rom.

Just for laughs  ;D
And with any good right. I do all my software (means if I find a translator) in German, English, French and ... Spanish! Everybody should do! At least... an English version should be available.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

SyX

Quote from: MacDeath on 17:17, 19 November 12
Topic at CPCrulez too.

http://cpcrulez.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?p=21545#p21545

while at it, aim for a french version too...
MacDeath, i have read your french comment and although the engine can look as Lala, the only common point is that both are platform games  :P

For the geeks, it's full assembly code, that means it's fast and smooth, and the printing of new screens is instantaneous  ;)

For everybody, this game exudes quality everywhere, because that, i strongly recommend to use the real machine, for enjoying the superb graphic and music. This cpc version has been tested by Metr, and his feedback has helped to make the game more playable.

For me, it's one of the best cpc games ever :) ... but  of course, as with "Imaginario Colectivo", retrogamer only will load the game, make an snapshot in the second screen, reset and copypaste a shit review filled with topics (spanish games are hard, cpc colours are not nice as c64, it's not a shit clone of home runner for zx and because that we can not give a 97%, better less than 60% + -10% for being a cpc game, ...), showing again how "experts" they are in good games and everything cpc related.

PD: I forgot one of the best reasons to come to the next Retro Madrid and it's that you will be able to buy it in its wonderful package (pictures are from my ZX Spectrum original with an autograph of the author, Pagantipaco, the best 10€ ever retro-used). I'm not sponsored by Retro Works, etc etc... :P

MacDeath

I guess technically it is not the "same" engine as Lala...
but still... both platform "à la Jet set Willy".
I'm fine with this of course.
I also found the graphics somewhat "à la rick dangerous" concerning the palette and mode0. which is good too.

As told, it would be great if ESPsoft pages and all those games production from iberia had more pages in "Ingles".

Ok so...Is this a 64K or 128k game ?
Disk version ? (3"1/2 can be nice provided it can run on "B" external disk drive...)
Will it feature Cat'art on disk version ?

When will it be released ?
What the price ?

Posst Edit : ok nice booklet.

DaDMaN

Hi everybody!

Glad to see you like our next game. It lefts some minor graphics to be finished (I'm working on it, be patient). The current version of the game is more advanced that video preview loaded in youtube.

More music, more FX... more, more, more and less free memory, hehehehehe.

And only spanish and english versions (by the moment  ;) ).

ZilogZ80a and me are talking about releasing a 128K version with some extras and improvements but, by the moment, only 64K version will be released.

And yes, CAT'art will be there too on disk version (ZilogZ80a is working on it).

Cheers.