News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The Amstrad CPC Videogame Screenshot Catalog v1.4 (ebook)

Started by Lex Sparrow, 10:44, 05 October 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Lex Sparrow

The Amstrad CPC Videogame Screenshot Catalog

This is a set of two books/catalogs containting screenshot of almost all the videogames known for Amstrad CPC. 
Release 1.4  contains 4450 videogames.

From 1.3, it includes PCW videogames too.

Most of snapshots included are from MiguelSky's CpcGamesCD.

Both catalogs are avaiilable in Press Play Then Any Key and CPCWiki (wiki section)

The links to download:

- The Amstrad CPC Load Screenshot Catalog

- The Amstrad CPC In-game Screenshot Catalog

(I don't know if this is the right forum to post this, if not, please feel free to move to the right place)

DanyPPC

CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

jesusdelmas

Quote from: Lex Sparrow on 10:44, 05 October 17
The Amstrad CPC Videogame Screenshot Catalog

This is a set of two books/catalogs containting screenshot of almost all the videogames known for Amstrad CPC. 
Release 1.4  contains 4450 videogames.

From 1.3, it includes PCW videogames too.

Most of snapshots included are from MiguelSky's CpcGamesCD.

Both catalogs are avaiilable in Press Play Then Any Key and CPCWiki (wiki section)

The links to download:

- The Amstrad CPC Load Screenshot Catalog

- The Amstrad CPC In-game Screenshot Catalog

(I don't know if this is the right forum to post this, if not, please feel free to move to the right place)

Very good job, is there also a boxfront image pack? That Would be very usefull too :)

||C|-|E||

AMSDOS

:laugh:

I found a mistake in the Load Screenshot Catalogue.

* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Lex Sparrow

Quote from: jesusdelmas on 16:07, 06 October 17

Very good job, is there also a boxfront image pack? That Would be very usefull too :)

Well, its a good idea! The only thing is choose the best cover (or more clear cover) to show. I like cover/boxfronts where there is no seals over the image (Imagine/Ocean/US Gold logos). Only image and videogame title.

I will take it in consideration for future releases ...  :-)

BTW  Do you know any project about making posters or superresolution videogame covers?? I know there were a few of thew in the past in different forums but I don't know actually none online.
Quote from: AMSDOS on 11:17, 07 October 17:laugh:

I found a mistake in the Load Screenshot Catalogue.

Where? Which? Please, send me PM or email (lexsparrow at gmail) with more information to fix it.

And if any of you have suggestions to improve books, I'm all ears  :laugh:

Nich

Quote from: Lex Sparrow on 18:24, 07 October 17
And if any of you have suggestions to improve books, I'm all ears  :laugh:

I have noticed that the palette used in these screenshots is incorrect and some of them look horrible as a result. I can tell that they were taken using the SNA2GIF utility that was provided with the (now ancient) CPCEMU emulator, and the choice of colours in its palette was very bad - particularly colours 20 (bright cyan) and 25 (bright yellow).

Here are two examples (incorrect palette on left, corrected palette on right):

After Burner:
[attach=2] [attach=3]

La Aventura Original:
[attach=4] [attach=5]

Some of the title screens were taken from old cracks which may have used modified palettes, or the title screen was missing. I've looked through the list of titles beginning with A and the following titles would need to be updated:

70: La Abadia del Crimen
109: Advanced OCP Art Studio, The (this is an 'in-game' screenshot)
213: Android One
263: ARCADES (this is an 'in-game' screenshot)
307: Assault Course
363: Averno

I'm sure I can find plenty more, but it is still a fine piece of work overall!

mr_lou

Quote from: Nich on 11:14, 08 October 17I have noticed that the palette used in these screenshots is incorrect and some of them look horrible as a result.

This is where my and my better half differ.
She's the graphics artist and can tell the difference between those pictures instantly.
I on the other hand will need some time before spotting the differences.

But when I created screenshots for 8-bit Memoirs, I also noticed that the palette was wrong. Dunno if it was because of my computer, or the emulator I was using. But I actually edited all screenshots taken to adjust the palette to correct colours. Knowing we have people in the community who cares a great deal about having 100% correct colours, I hope someone out there appreciates that I went through that time consuming process. :-)