General Category > News & Events

The end of UK repairs.

<< < (2/5) > >>

redbox:

--- Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 18:45, 30 September 21 ---Not to be confrontational @redbox but over the last few years (pre-Brexit) I sent three or four CPC's to @Bryce for repair without any problem.
The UK left a "club" that had positive real benefits and leaving has consequences.
--- End quote ---

Absolutely, it's a real change.

I'm not being pro or anti Brexit, was just pointing out the "problem" or "issue" doesn't seem to be on this side of the border and I was wondering what the German / EU rules are now the UK has left the EU.

Bryce:

--- Quote from: redbox on 19:22, 30 September 21 ---Absolutely, it's a real change.

I'm not being pro or anti Brexit, was just pointing out the "problem" or "issue" doesn't seem to be on this side of the border and I was wondering what the German / EU rules are now the UK has left the EU.

--- End quote ---

The problem isn't on either side of the border and no rules have actually changed. The problem is that the UK decided / voted to create a border where there wasn't one up to now (or at least place themselves on the other side of the existing border).

Bryce.

1024MAK:

--- Quote from: redbox on 19:22, 30 September 21 ---I'm not being pro or anti Brexit, was just pointing out the "problem" or "issue" doesn't seem to be on this side of the border and I was wondering what the German / EU rules are now the UK has left the EU.

--- End quote ---
The problem is on both sides, it’s called a border without a customs and tax agreement. Hence every time an item has to cross the border, it’s subject to VAT and customs checks. Hence more procedures, paperwork and expense. Plus more opportunity for something to go wrong.

I myself have a lost parcel somewhere. It’s an item I bought from abroad. Last known location in U.K. customs, January…

Mark

redbox:

--- Quote from: Bryce on 20:00, 30 September 21 ---The problem isn't on either side of the border and no rules have actually changed. The problem is that the UK decided / voted to create a border where there wasn't one up to now (or at least place themselves on the other side of the existing border).
--- End quote ---

But how?

Consider this scenario; I send you a parcel from the UK with a customs label stating "gift" and with a value of £30.  You then send me back a parcel also labelled as "gift" with a value of 35 EUR.  In both instances, the customs at the UK border will not impose any tax, duty or VAT whatsoever.

So what in Germany / EU is preventing you from doing this?

GeoffB17:
I'd suggest that as a one-off this could work.

But if it happens repeatedly/regularly, then someone will spot that Bryce is receiving/sending a LOT of 'gifts', and something is going on, and then big trouble for someone, and no more!

Geoff

Yes, I HAVE benefitted from Bryce's services, and my 3" drive is still working brilliantly - thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version