News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Vote on Push'n'Pop for the best 2013 Amstrad CPC productions

Started by TotO, 18:17, 22 January 14

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

The now traditional Push'n'Pop charts are back!

You are all invited to vote for your favorite 2013 productions by filling this form and make their creators famous!
Remember to cast your vote before January 31st 2014, 23:59!

Don't forget why you love your CPC. Only 10 days left now !!!
The work of the community need the community attention.
Phortem, Still Rising, Relentless, Cyber Chicken and many more productions to congratulate. :)

GO!!!

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

robcfg

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TotO

robcfg

Not bad!

And it seems that 2013 has been a good year for the CPC.

Let's hope for a better 2014!!

MacDeath

Damn, my stuffs lost again... >:(

I knew those chickens were useless, I gotta kill'em all...

TotO

Quote from: MacDeath on 23:13, 01 February 14Damn, my stuffs lost again... >:(
I suggest that winner games done more work on the game design.

Gryzor

Damn, missed it. Should have sent an email out to users or something :(

redbox

Yay, Subtera Puzlo came 3rd in the game category :)

That means a lot to me as I really respect the guys at Push'n'Pop.

Although I expect it's more down to EgoTrip's design than my coding - if anyone there had seen the source code they might have voted differently ;)

Gryzor

TotO

Quote from: redbox on 18:49, 02 February 14Although I expect it's more down to EgoTrip's design than my coding - if anyone there had seen the source code they might have voted differently ;)
Definitively, peoples vote for the game not the code.

TFM

Quote from: MacDeath on 23:13, 01 February 14
Damn, my stuffs lost again... >:(

I knew those chickens were useless, I gotta kill'em all...

Never mind, the vote was just about Cyber Huhn, which had only one static level. But Cyber Chicken could not be voted for. Your graphics really rock!!!  :) :) :) 
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

Still... must kill all those chickens !!!!

yarg, there are even more, pew pew, die chicken !!!!

;)

TFM

Quote from: TotO on 21:23, 02 February 14
Definitively, peoples vote for the game not the code.

Sure. Nobody can see the code. So it's IMHO also pointless to have votes for 'technical achievement' because nobody can know about it - except you start to disassemble it.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Why, can't you judge a technical achievement if you got a title with two bazillion sprites on screen, 100Hz scrolling, continuous sampled soundtrack or a billion different screens all fitting in 16k?

Nonsense - we judge the technical aspect of things from the results all the time.

TFM

Well, most of the people obviously judge in the way TotO said. I agree with him.
TFM of FutureSoft

MacDeath

QuoteWhy, can't you judge a technical achievement if you got a title with two bazillion sprites on screen, 100Hz scrolling, continuous sampled soundtrack or a billion different screens all fitting in 16k?
kof...kof...actually exists on modern PC...kough cough...

that what we call procedural demos under directX.

EgoTrip

Quote from: redbox on 18:49, 02 February 14
Yay, Subtera Puzlo came 3rd in the game category :)

That means a lot to me as I really respect the guys at Push'n'Pop.

Although I expect it's more down to EgoTrip's design than my coding - if anyone there had seen the source code they might have voted differently ;)

The code works, the game works, without bugs, that's what matters right? Don't sell yourself short, you did a good job and got it working almost exactly how I wanted it.

TotO

ralferoo

Quote from: TFM on 18:09, 03 February 14So it's IMHO also pointless to have votes for 'technical achievement' because nobody can know about it - except you start to disassemble it.
It's obvious to anyone even without looking at the code that the Phortem disk loader, for instance, was a great technical achievement. Even those who don't know how hard it is to do anything else whilst loading from disk can appreciate the fact that nobody else has done it before!

MacDeath

you can judge "technical" achievement by the result on screen... if it is badass and well animated, impressive and unseen, then it is such achievement.

But yeah, coders would have a word on this.

QuoteHorizontal moves ?
another Dinamic games following Army, Navy and Artic moves ?
that's a clever move...

TFM

Quote from: ralferoo on 21:36, 03 February 14
It's obvious to anyone even without looking at the code that the Phortem disk loader, for instance, was a great technical achievement. Even those who don't know how hard it is to do anything else whilst loading from disk can appreciate the fact that nobody else has done it before!

Obviously? Then you should have voted for it. Because nobody did. It got exactly ZERO voted for technical achievement. And you know what? Of course its an great achievement, but why did nobody vote for it then? Where is that anyone you talk about?

So you prove TotO and me right. Thanks man!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

MacDeath

I don't remember cyberchicken being an actual choice in the "technical achievement" category... was it ?

TFM

Nope. No CyberChicken at all, only CyberHuhn. But doesn't matter, the release before X-mas was probably too short. About the technical achievement it wouldn't matter anyway:

- 360 degrees pixel-precise scrolling (best played with SF2 mouse I guess)
- Highest number of sprites ever seen
- and up to 50 fps while it all happens
- First game supporting CTC-AY
- Non vector GFX in realtime calculated 3D space

Of course this is a bit ahead of time. But things like smooth scrolling in X and Y while using overscan is kinda boring to me now, did that years ago. So why bother about CH, CC or yesterdays snow.  :laugh:

I already have a great idea for my next ROM game which will use a kind of scroll never seen before on the CPC.  ;) :)
TFM of FutureSoft