News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Would you come to an Amstrad meeting in Scotland?

Started by satchman2000, 23:54, 10 December 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you attend an Amstrad meet/event in Scotland?

Yes- if it was near Edinburgh
2 (20%)
Yes- if it was near Glasgow
1 (10%)
Yes- if it was near another city in Scotland
0 (0%)
Maybe
5 (50%)
No
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: 23:54, 31 December 12

satchman2000

So, was wondering about interest in an Event in Scotland.

Maybe a meet- a whole day dedicated to the CPC, where you could play games, chat about the Amstrad, maybe buy stuff.. would that be of interest?

robcfg

I'd love to, but depends on my holidays at work, of course.

Anyway, good luck with the event!

db6128

Quite possibly! I meant to reply to your other thread asking about people near Glasgow/Edinburgh, as I'm not far away. It would be a good excuse to expand my almost nonexistent knowledge of the gaming library, possibly showcase a bit of programming (if I have anything worthwhile), try not to spend ludicrous amounts of money on hardware. . .  :-X  or T-shirts; I'm powerless to resist T-shirts (there's a hint!)

Like robcfg, it'll all depend on timing for me, but I definitely think it's a good idea in principle. Here's hoping you can generate a good level of interest, in any case. :D
Quote from: Devilmarkus on 13:04, 27 February 12
Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:38, 27 February 12[The owner of one of the few existing cartridges of Chase HQ 2] mentioned to me that unless someone could find a way to guarantee the code wouldn't be duplicated to anyone else, he wouldn't be interested.
Did he also say things like "My treasureeeeee" and is he a little grey guy?

MacDeath

Gryzor

You egocentric Scots... why not host it somewhere more convenient? Oh, I don't know, like... Greece?

Bryce

I think the location was chosen for the weather :D

Bryce.

Gryzor

I love that sort of weather, actually. Plus, it's good for retro gaming.

Bryce

Exactly! If it's pissing rain outside you're going to get more retro stuff done than when it's 40°C and sunny outside!

Also, Scotland = Fine whisky :)

Bryce.

Gryzor

Pffft forget the whisky, how about the women? More precisely, do they allow retro?

SyX

Now i have family in Edinburgh and it will great to have CPC reasons to visit Scotland too ;D

lynwen

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

db6128

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 13:04, 27 February 12
Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:38, 27 February 12[The owner of one of the few existing cartridges of Chase HQ 2] mentioned to me that unless someone could find a way to guarantee the code wouldn't be duplicated to anyone else, he wouldn't be interested.
Did he also say things like "My treasureeeeee" and is he a little grey guy?