News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

X-MEM, a new memory expansion for all CPC.

Started by TotO, 20:41, 26 April 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilquader

Quote from: TFM on 13:16, 17 July 14
Not every ROM must be an Expansion ROM!!! When using extension ROM no RAM will be wasted. For example you need only one ROM initialized for FutureOS, the other three ROM can or can not be initialized. I guess it's similar with symbos. And for games, if a game uses 2 or 3 ROMs, then just initialize the first one, a smart launcher system will find the other parts too. Just my 7 Pfennige.

Most of the 2- or 3-rom games are already made that way. Just the first rom is initialized, provides the RSX commands and wastes a few bytes of RAM.
--
Nilquader of SPRING
http://www.nilquader.net/

TotO

Hello friends!

A little message to inform you that all X-MEM boards was done. (around 80 boards)
I have some (boring) MotherX4 and few MiniBooster to build and all will be sent!!!  ;D 

For information, some peoples answer when I ask for package information but don't when I ask to pay the shipping fees:-X
You have to know that I give your boards each time to next peoples on the list...

The "store" will reopen soon.
Have fun,

TotO.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Bryce

Quote from: TotO on 17:15, 18 July 14
For information, some peoples answer when I ask for package information but don't when I ask to pay the shipping fees:-X

You'll always get those when you sell retro hardware. I found it to be about 10%. You learn to recognize and compensate for it though.

Bryce.

Gesendet von meinem Motorola DynaTEC 8000X mit Tapatalk 2.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 22:16, 18 July 14
You'll always get those when you sell retro hardware. I found it to be about 10%. You learn to recognize and compensate for it though.
* CraigsBar hopes he never falls into that 10%.

Oh as well as the x-mem I am now waiting on a parcel from tradeinpost. 5 old carts that will get reprogrammed with 5 of the games I don't have. A couple of plus membranes and 3 games (two disc one tape) for £90 not too bad I s'pose.

Craig
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

pelrun

Quote from: TotO on 17:15, 18 July 14
You have to know that I give your boards each time to next peoples on the list...

And then there is the occasional loon like me who gives you a few euro extra because he thinks you deserve it :D

TotO

Quote from: Bryce on 22:16, 18 July 14You'll always get those when you sell retro hardware. I found it to be about 10%. You learn to recognize and compensate for it though.
It was around 10% before I ask, then 5% left.
Because I don't do that for money, it's more easy for me to refund them and not waste time on their boards.
As I said, they will be sold to the next peoples on the list. They can thanks them.  ;D

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

CraigsBar

I wholeheartedly thank That 10%.

TotO

Quote from: CraigsBar on 09:18, 19 July 14
I wholeheartedly thank That 10%.
Sure, because 3 of them was before you.  ;D

Bryce

I've also had several people who paid and never sent their address and don't react to request e-mails although I know they are still active ?? Can't explain that one at all. :D

Bryce.

TotO

The worst is: "they are all french and have the lower shipping fees to pay".  :-\

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 21:45, 19 July 14
I've also had several people who paid and never sent their address and don't react to request e-mails although I know they are still active ?? Can't explain that one at all. :D

Bryce.

They wait until you deliver it including FutureOS ;-) [nb]Couldn't resist. *ggg*[/nb]

Sent from my JavaCPC emulator using Quesadilla Talk 3.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

They aren't MegaFlashes. They are DigiBlasters, LowerROMBoards and USB mouse adapters. All MegaFlashes are long gone.

Bryce.

TFM

LowerROM boards... Strike!!! Wonder that you still got them. Somehow it's the holy grail.  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

I got two to sold...  :P
One work perfectly, but the other look to have the firmware wrong programmed.  :-\

Bryce

Reprogram it.

Bryce.

TotO

I have nothing to erase UV PROM.  ;D  (sun not work, it's a legend)
By the way, I no more need them so if someone wants... PM me.

The Last Bandit

Got mine today, works nicely indeed  ;D

Although I did have to flip my cable around as we have different opinions as to where pin 1 is  :P

TotO

Using a straight ribbon cable, no matter where are pins while you put the board with soldering side back. :)

Bryce

Quote from: The Last Bandit on 22:28, 29 July 14
Got mine today, works nicely indeed  ;D
Although I did have to flip my cable around as we have different opinions as to where pin 1 is  :P

The location of pin 1 isn't an "opinion", it is defined in the specifications. :D

@TotO: Erasing EPROMs with the sun does work, it just takes way longer than most people would be prepared to wait.

Bryce.

The Last Bandit

The IDC connector on the board  has the Pin 1 indicator pointing at Pin 50 on the silkscreen which is where the confusion comes from.

Now, to try and find some time to get to use it !! Too many projects too little time  :'(

TotO

1 week in not enough here... And after reading on Internet, it's said that the Sun don't send the good UV to achieve that.
But OK, I'm going to let it for August 1st to August 15th and see. :D

CraigsBar

Quote from: TotO on 09:42, 30 July 14
1 week in not enough here... And after reading on Internet, it's said that the Sun don't send the good UV to achieve that.
But OK, I'm going to let it for August 1st to August 15th and see. :D
if you post it to me I'll erase it in my 5 minute eraser

Bryce

Are you in North France? :D

You can buy an EPROM eraser for the cost of the postage to Ireland and back.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 11:25, 30 July 14
Are you in North France? :D

You can buy an EPROM eraser for the cost of the postage to Ireland and back.

Bryce.
Or just buy a new, blank chip.