News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

X-MEM, a new memory expansion for all CPC.

Started by TotO, 20:41, 26 April 14

Previous topic - Next topic

XyphoesRe

package arrived but there was no documentation with my x-mem , mother x-something, booster and bluetooth :-( I don't even know how to plug it in :-) not a sheet of paper with someting on it :-(

TFM

Quote from: CraigsBar on 22:48, 06 August 14
I believe utopia and/or protext do the same.

Protext does not, but Maxam does. And others too  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

Quote from: XyphoesRe on 22:53, 06 August 14
package arrived but there was no documentation with my x-mem , mother x-something, booster and bluetooth :-( I don't even know how to plug it in :-) not a sheet of paper with someting on it :-(

See hp or take this...  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

Quote from: XyphoesRe on 22:53, 06 August 14
Hello,

The website asked witch package peoples want.
For peoples that not give me the information, I have sent an email to know that. (download, or 3"1/2 + paper or 3" + paper)
I send the 3" package by default if peoples not answer to my email.

I suggest that if you received nothing, it's because I have the information "download".
Now, you have my address to contact me, I answer fast and help w/o problem.

If you want them, let me know I will send you that next week.
Thank you,

TotO.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

CraigsBar

Quote from: TotO on 10:59, 07 August 14
For peoples that not give me the information, I have sent an email to know that. (download, or 3"1/2 + paper or 3" + paper)
I send the 3" package by default if peoples not answer to my email.
Oops I guess that was me then. Still the system works as I got the mail and requested accordingly.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Trebmint

Can I ask a few questions as a currently non hardware owner, but somebody that would at some point like to make a very large game using a 512k Rom X-Mem board

Am I correct in thinking this fits directly like a game cartridge might on another system directly onto the 464/6128 connector (I assume the + would require an additional connector)... meaning we had a base cartridge that costs just 20 euros. Any hope of a case?

If after that somebody has a PlayCity card we could take advantage of it but that would need the Mother 4 also.

Cheers

fgbrain

Received mine the day before  yesterday... Looks fine but will test after Saturday and during my vacations.
;D
_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Trebmint on 17:39, 07 August 14
Can I ask a few questions as a currently non hardware owner, but somebody that would at some point like to make a very large game using a 512k Rom X-Mem board

Am I correct in thinking this fits directly like a game cartridge might on another system directly onto the 464/6128 connector (I assume the + would require an additional connector)... meaning we had a base cartridge that costs just 20 euros. Any hope of a case?

If after that somebody has a PlayCity card we could take advantage of it but that would need the Mother 4 also.

Cheers
the xmem has a 2x25 pin connector, and as such use on any CPC needs an adaptor. Either edge or centronics connector to 2x25 way. As mine has not yet arrived I can not comment on if the 2x25 connectors as male or female.

fgbrain

Today I connected my 6128 with XMEM. I am sorry to say that I cannot boot my cpc....
Tried everything I could (cleaning, switch, swapping cable). Doesnt boot >:(
_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

TotO

Hello everybody,

You have to know that all boards was tested before sending them. :)
If you encounter any issues, please contact me or use the support forum from CentPourCent [dot net].

Thank you,

TotO.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

radu14m

If the  CPC hardware is designed to take up to 256 external ROM ( theoretically ), then we can use 8 X-MEM boards ?
That would also bring us to 4mb of RAM, right ?
I would love to see such a "train" setup: two 4XMother and 8 X-MEM :)

TFM

Quote from: radu14m on 17:47, 12 August 14
If the  CPC hardware is designed to take up to 256 external ROM ( theoretically ), then we can use 8 X-MEM boards ?
That would also bring us to 4mb of RAM, right ?
I would love to see such a "train" setup: two 4XMother and 8 X-MEM :)

That's not how it works. If you take the same kind of expansion twice it will cover the same RAM or ROM region twice. There is no gain.
But wait for next year... or X-MAS. Some small wishes may come true.  :)

@FGBrain: Glad that your problems are solved and everything is fine now.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

BTW: The ROManager for the FlashGordon can also be used for the X-MEM with SST Flash Chip. But not for Winbond, such a version will be made soon.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Hi!

I would need help to test ROManager 1.8 (FutureOS) for X-MEM (SST chip), FlashGordon and MegaFlash.

Any volunteers?

TFM of FutureSoft

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 20:57, 20 August 14
Hi!

I would need help to test ROManager 1.8 (FutureOS) for X-MEM (SST chip), FlashGordon and MegaFlash.

Any volunteers?

If the Amsdos release is on the same version as well I'll test it here, my X-Mem is SST equipped.

Craig

TFM

At the moment only the FutureOS version is ready to go. As soon as I know that it works I will also update the version for Amsdos.

If you want to check with X-MEM (SST) please have a try... Start the "-R" file, Docs are in "-ROM.TXT"

Your help is appreciated  :)

EDIT: Update added, there was the most important thing missing in non-German language interface. Sorry dear single downloader, please download again.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TotO

I can't test, I have sent all the X-MEM for peoples... (mine too)  :-\

YES... 100 X-MEM boards was already build since it is available. 1 CPC user got it each day!!!  :o
Without counting all emulator users, that mean many peoples hope to get new softwares for the CPC, using those capabilities.

Nobody can ignore us, now!!!  8)

Ast

Only two words : thank you!

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

TFM

Only few words...

Thank you so much!
TFM of FutureSoft

radu14m

TFM

Quote from: TFM on 02:40, 21 August 14
At the moment only the FutureOS version is ready to go. As soon as I know that it works I will also update the version for Amsdos.
If you want to check with X-MEM (SST) please have a try... Start the "-R" file, Docs are in "-ROM.TXT"
Your help is appreciated  :)
EDIT: Update added, there was the most important thing missing in non-German language interface. Sorry dear single downloader, please download again.  :)

Anyone up for testing help? (Need testers for MegaFlash, FlashGordon and X-MEM with SST Flash).

TFM of FutureSoft

MacDeath

So a "MegaRAM games" can actually hope to sell 50-75 original and paid copies easily, provided all those 128k+444k users... :D

also provided it is good... ::)

CPC_Fan

TotO - I was just wondering if I could order an X-Mem board with an edge connector ribbon cable at all? I only ask, as I cannot see an option to do that on the website?

TotO

Hello CPC_Fan,

Originally, the fact is that I don't want to spend my time building cables with rare connectors for many peoples that will not deserve my projects... And going to miss connectors for peoples ordering for MotherX4. (that allow to plug 4 boards with only one cable)
Understand that is why I have made this choice. :)

Now... I'm going to see if I can do that for peoples ordering only 1 board. (next, MotherX4 will be provided w/o if needed)
I will let you know.

TFM

Release ROManager 1.8

The new PnP compatible ROManager 1.8 features:
- an overworked GUI based on the new CBM interface
- Enhanced error checking
- Functions to display really all RSX of a ROM and their start address
- Hotkeys
- SDP constantly activated
- Plug & Play support for the new X-MEM (Winbond or SST), MegaFlash and FlashGordon
- and a nice Icon ;-)

Download the best ever ROManager (FutureOS) now:
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/ROManager_1.8.zip

TFM of FutureSoft