Started by litwr, 22:01, 09 August 14
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Quote from: SyX on 23:49, 11 August 14... but those hipnotic patterns always looked really great
Quote from: SyX on 15:23, 13 August 14@litwr: I have been looking your +4 programs in plus4world
Quote from: SyX on 15:23, 13 August 14PS: In case you want to make the CPC more russian friendly or at least using cyrillic chars, the CPC font (in mode 2 format, 8 bytes/char) is in the offset $3800 of the firmware rom (OS464, OS664 or OS6128), more exactly $3A08 for upper case and $3B08 for lower case.
Quote from: Sykobee (Briggsy) on 23:39, 14 August 14Nice videos - one thing I found a bit odd was the use of MODE 0 sized pixels (i.e., fat pixels) for something that would be better shown as square pixels ...
Quote from: dcdrac on 11:39, 18 August 14I recall typing in a mandlebrot generator called Dragon think it was in ACU
Quote from: opqa on 16:33, 10 September 14Now, about the youtube video, when you say at the beginning that the Amstrad CPC is slower than the Commodore due to the video system... Well, I know that this wasn't your intention, but I personally took it as a challenge, and this is the result:
Quote from: opqa on 16:33, 10 September 14This two videos are from a first version which only worked in monochrome mode:
Quote from: opqa on 16:33, 10 September 14And this one is from an improved version, slightly faster and with colors!
Quote from: opqa on 16:33, 10 September 14The code is extensively commented, feel free to study and use it as you wish.
Quote from: opqa on 16:33, 10 September 14PS: I edit just to add two more videos, I've tested the same patern you used to make the Amtrad CPC vs. Commodore benchmark, it performs at approximately 5.25 gen/sec while showing the evolution (this code isn't faster without showing it). So the conclusion is that yes, it definetly outperforms the Commodore.
Quote from: opqa on 01:31, 24 September 14But the good news are that I've already solved this limitation by writing another initialization routine that calculates a complete first generation in a slow but memory-safe way, thereby generating a "normal" ACP list for the second generation and subsequents. You can find it in the attached file (please note that this version isn't the interrupt-compatible I told you before, this code is still not mature to be released).
Quote from: opqa on 01:31, 24 September 14 I should also solve this in future versions, maybe making it compatible with Xlife8 pattern format. Is it complicated/documented anywhere?
Quote from: litwrSorry, your program has title - lifecolour! Sorry, again...
Quote from: litwrDid you try it with agar patterns like VenetianBlinds provided with the converted to Pasmo Lifecolour's sources? It requires the support for 16384 living cells.
Quote from: opqa on 23:16, 24 September 14I'm not very original with names, if I have to name it now... let's say it'll be called YaGoLi4CPC (Yet another Game of Life implementation for CPC, as it's the third recently published in the forum in less than a year).
Quote from: opqa on 23:16, 24 September 14*Now way, I've just rechecked it and even with double-sized ACP list it won't fit.
Quote from: opqa on 23:16, 24 September 14But to take an idea about what I said about ACP completeness (with its current size) and speed, you can take a look at the pattern "pacomix" (monochrome and double buffered) and "pacomixc" (colored without DB) included in this dsk:
Quote from: litwr on 14:11, 27 September 14Is it your final word? IMHO `lifecolour' is much better.
Quote from: litwrI attached a disk with patterns for the Seeds rules. One pattern is a glider - it works fine with speed about 529 gen/sec - Xlife may reach only 236. The second pattern creates the chaotic image. Lifecolors becomes slower than Xlife-8 after 100 generations and then crashes.I used your older sources - lifecolours02.
Quote from: litwrIMHO Lifecolour should not crash in the similar cases. It will be much better to get a message about too big pattern to handle. I have the several suggestions about Lifecolour features:1) to assign a key to roll the pseudocolor modes - they are 8 natural possibilities. Xlife-32/64 uses 5 such modes (they are rolled by E-command), Xlife-8 uses only 2;2) to assign a key to randomize a region;3) to ask a file to load at the start of the program. To rotate (to exchange x and y coordinates) the patterns with width bigger than 128 - it is easy - Xlife-8 format begins with x/y-max pair.4) to assign a key to make a benchmark;5) to assign a key to run/stop;6) to assign a key to show the information screen (the cells count, the generation number, ...);7) to assign a key for one step.
Quote from: opqa on 15:44, 28 September 14it'll be called "YaGol4CPC"
Quote from: opqa on 15:44, 28 September 14Anyhow, I'm attaching the development version I'm working on with this rules and pattern and with double sized ACP list. Of course even with double size this pattern finally fills the ACP anyway, but it lasts quite longer.
Quote from: opqa on 15:44, 28 September 14And as you'll notice there is a panel where I plan to print information (gen. number, speed in gen/sec, ACP completion)... an other controls.
Quote from: opqa on 15:44, 28 September 14At this moment there are only three possible actions, show/hide the panel with ENTER (not RETURN) and, while the panel is being shown, scroll with cursor up & down (nice hardware vertical pixel perfect scroll BTW).
Quote from: opqa on 15:44, 28 September 14As soon as I have a version that prints something in the panel, with basic controls, and with a way to load patterns other than re-assembling I will publish it as an alpha in another thread.
Page created in 0.178 seconds with 45 queries.