News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Introducing myself

Started by Seob, 00:31, 01 March 15

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

As told before... technology is nothing if software doesn't use it.

And btw... There is no problem in locking at some links, don't treat others as if they would be stupid. That suxx!
I may just not see something there better than the 6128 Plus. There is better stuff on the 6128 Plus recently shown in WIP versions.

The Plus has 4096 colors, the MSX can only dream about it!

I have 4 MB RAM on CPC and 2.5 MB Flash! Both internal, now show me that MSX! It can only dream about it (your words!)  8)

And if this (down there) is all the great MSX 2+ can do, sorry, not enough for the 6128 Plus.

Best MSX Konami Games
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Prodatron

Wow, now you you become angry about this stupid shit, which you started?
Quote from: TFM on 23:16, 02 March 15
And the 6128 Plus looks better than the MSX 2
Why did you start it when you have a problem with the result?

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

TFM

Not angry at all. I like the result: 6128 Plus wins!  :P

Why not helping people install SymbOS (see German forum, they need you there!), instead of discussing a different taste. You like MSX colors, I like CPC colors.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Prodatron

It's stupid to claim, that a CPC+ is technically superiour to an MSX2. This is completely wrong and that's all I said, nothing else (wow! maybe 4096 cols instead of 512! sorry, but nothing else!). Regarding software - lol it seems that you don't know the MSX at all :D - When you built in 4MB (which isn't the standard) into your CPC, it's cool, no doubt. But there are so much 4MB memory expansions for the MSX (even MSX1) available, which ARE standard for this machine, that it isn't really impressive.
When talking to you, someone often get the feeling that in your opinion the CPC is always the master and god of all 8bit machine, and not thinking in this way is blasphemy, which appears quite stupid. Because of this it doesn't make fun to discuss with you about such stuff.
I am a CPC guy and will stay a CPC guy forever and I do everything primary on the CPC, but I know some facts about other machines, and I don't want to lie about it... ;)

ZbyniuR

How difficult it would be to convert the CPC to use a ramdisk as VRAM?
2 swapping Fullscreen in 6128 would be great, if it make this possible.
But how hard it can be?
In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

Prodatron

Quote from: ZbyniuR on 00:15, 04 March 15
How difficult it would be to convert the CPC to use a ramdisk as VRAM?
2 swapping Fullscreen in 6128 would be great, if it make this possible.
But how hard it can be?
Are you speaking about loading a video stream from a harddisc or a ram disc?

ZbyniuR

No. None of these. I meant how to change hardware to display screen straight from ramdisk without copy this to main 64k RAM. What is possible in Spectrum 128k and Atari 130XE, but not in CPC. :(

Prodatron

Yes, unfortunately not. The CRTC can only access the first internal 64K of the CPCs main ram memory. Never heard about a mod which changes it.

sigh

Quote from: Prodatron on 11:14, 03 March 15
Have a look, here you will always find MSX2 models for good prices:
≥ Vind msx2 op Marktplaats.nl

@sigh: Better watch out for a TurboR instead of an MSX2+. They have the same cases but where much more powerful. MSX2+ machines were mostly focused on catridge games, and so they only had 64KB of main memory.

That particular panasonic version has tape support which would give a more wider library of software. Unless there is someway to play cassette on the TurboR?

pelrun

Quote from: Prodatron on 00:51, 04 March 15
Yes, unfortunately not. The CRTC can only access the first internal 64K of the CPCs main ram memory. Never heard about a mod which changes it.

You can map other ram banks into the lower 64k, though. Or are you explicitly excluding bank switching?

Edit: but I suppose you end up needing to switch the extra memory elsewhere into the lower 64k to write to it *anyway*, so you're not gaining anything over just flipping between &4000 and &c000.

arnoldemu

Quote from: pelrun on 05:24, 04 March 15

You can map other ram banks into the lower 64k, though. Or are you explicitly excluding bank switching?

Edit: but I suppose you end up needing to switch the extra memory elsewhere into the lower 64k to write to it *anyway*, so you're not gaining anything over just flipping between &4000 and &c000.
CRTC ignores ram banking.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

pelrun

How did BANKMAN work, then? Or is the 6128's extra ram an exception?

arnoldemu

Quote from: pelrun on 10:39, 04 March 15
How did BANKMAN work, then? Or is the 6128's extra ram an exception?
It used it as a data store. When it displayed a screen it copied it into the main ram.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

pelrun

Excuse me, I need to go to the hospital to have my palm removed from my face.

Prodatron

Quote from: sigh on 02:41, 04 March 15
That particular panasonic version has tape support which would give a more wider library of software. Unless there is someway to play cassette on the TurboR?
That's true, the TurboR doesn't have a cassette port anymore. Maybe there are tools which use the PCM sound chip for decoding the cassette signal, which would still make it possible to load data from tape. Nowadays most tape games are also available on disc, but you are right, not all. TBH with an MSX it probably feels very strange to load from tape, when you even don't work with discs anymore :) People usually have their whole stuff on harddiscs, SD and CF cards like on a PC.

Prodatron

Quote from: ZbyniuR on 00:40, 04 March 15
I meant how to change hardware to display screen straight from ramdisk without copy this to main 64k RAM. What is possible in Spectrum 128k and Atari 130XE, but not in CPC. :(
Are you sure about the Spectrum 128K? According to this document...
128K ZX Spectrum Technical Information
...it's only possible to have the screen in Bank5 (standard) or Bank7 (shadow), but not somewhere else. This is the same for the +2A and +3.

Several computers had such limitations for the screen ram:
- CPC: only first 64K
- PCW: only first 128K
- Enterprise: only last 64K
- Amiga (first models): only chip ram, first 512K

TFM

Quote from: Prodatron on 00:51, 04 March 15

There is one... RAM expansion of the 6128 (see c t). It replaces the 8 KB chips by 32 KB chips on the main board. So you can use exactly 512 KB of RAM and ... all usable by the CRTC too. Check wiki for details.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Quote from: Prodatron on 23:48, 03 March 15
It's stupid to claim, that a CPC+ is technically superiour to an MSX2.

People who need to insult others are usually wrong.  :P

Now show me something better than this on your MSX2:  8)

Beast+ Preview (unfinished) coded for Amstrad Plus by Ast/iMPACT. Gfx done by Ced/Condense. 13.08.10

TFM of FutureSoft

Prodatron

Indeed, very impressive! :)
I was speaking about the technical features, which I listed here. Ignoring it doesn't help.
Talking about which systems has the greater games always ends in neverending discussions as we all know, we had this 1000times before with all kind of retro computers  ;D This is another topic and not what I said.

Devilmarkus

Quote from: TFM on 17:11, 05 March 15
Now show me something better than this on your MSX2:  8)

Beast+ Preview (unfinished) coded for Amstrad Plus by Ast/iMPACT. Gfx done by Ced/Condense. 13.08.10

[insult_mode_on] I (for myself) am sure, it would look more detailled on a MSX2 ;) [/insult_mode_off]

For true: What are 4096 colours good for, when the graphics environment can only show 17 colours maximal, (+ hw sprites: 32 colours) in a screen resolution of MODE 0, when a MSX2 can show up to 256 colours?
Both computers have their pro's and con's. Thats a fact...

We (normal people) grew up with the CPC and thats logically, that we justify the CPC as best machine.
But the technical facts often speak a different language here.

Result: CPC is the best, all other computers are shit ;) (Not regarding the technical aspects, but our personal thoughts)

Edit: Also the Youtube video is much blurred... We should wait for a release ;)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

ZbyniuR

MSX2, NEC 88, Sharp X1, Fujitsu FM7 and even CPC+ with no doubt are better 8bit, but still old 6128 is my favourite. :)

Consoles NES and SMS have great graphics too, no clash colors no wide pixels, look better than British or American 8bit computers, better than ST and EGA, almost like Amiga, but no keyboard no Basic, it's sucks. CPC is better. :D

TFM

Quote from: Prodatron on 18:37, 05 March 15
I was speaking about the technical features, which I listed here. Ignoring it doesn't help.

*Ignoring* is the word! As long as programmers ignore all these great features, they just don't matter at all. Slowly I feel like a prayer mill, repeating that all again.  :-\
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Seriously guys, a new member does us the honor of telling us a bit about himself (Welcome mate!!!) and we turn this into a flame?

Splitting incoming...

Phantomz

Welcome Seob  :) I'm new here too, think you'll enjoy it here, I am.  ;)

AmstradGamer

Hi!

I didn't want to start a new post only to introduce myself.

I am from Spain and I am a proud owner of a 464 and a 6128. :)

Regards.