News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Started by cpc4eva, 11:19, 31 December 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Nich

Quote from: MacDeath on 23:38, 02 January 15
To be fair I think 2014 was somewhat disapointing concerning big prods... nice Hardwares though...
I feel the same way. I guess it's a sign of the times that we CPC fans are all getting older and have less and less time to devote to programming new games and demos. :(

I don't follow the demoscene closely but my feeling is that one of the reasons for the lack of new 'big' demos is because there's nothing left to achieve on the CPC in terms of technical effects and innovations.

MacDeath

@Nich :
not really... most CPC forces were stuck into the 31 years anniversary mega-big-wankfest-giga-monster-still-unreleased-demo... (can't wait for it though)

Also previous 6 years were actually quite very prolific indeed, be it games or Demos.

So its just that to have a more "normal" year feels a bit empty.
but as I told, this year also mostly saw release of nice Hardware cards of all kinds.

To have an  X-Mem thing to sell like 100 units was the best thing this year actually.
Plus those soundcards, network (?), FDC card and so on...

2014 wasn't a bad year at all, just less flashy impressive productions.
Big party Demo release was the humble yet nice Breaking Baud.. not as huge as compared to all the Batman killer wanabees in the Batman afterward (Wakeup, still rising, Phortem and so on...).

Same for games, last 6-10 years had a lot of commercial games from Spain, badass shooters from misteur Kooioustra (?), cyber chicken released on real 3" disks, Orion Prime, big hack/remakes like R-Type128, DeathSword128, RickDangerous128PLUS... even a real Pac-Man emulator...

Comparatively 2014 had few "flashy" softwares, but this doesn't mean it is the end of something.

AMSDOS

Quote from: Nich on 15:44, 03 January 15
I feel the same way. I guess it's a sign of the times that we CPC fans are all getting older and have less and less time to devote to programming new games and demos. :(

I don't follow the demoscene closely but my feeling is that one of the reasons for the lack of new 'big' demos is because there's nothing left to achieve on the CPC in terms of technical effects and innovations.

I like to think I sorted out some loose ends in 2014 which resulted in the Amstrad coming out of the wardrobe, resolving why The Eternal Light wasn't running on the real hardware, sorting out why TXT RD CHAR operates differently in BASIC 1.0 from 1.1 and demonstrating that, it was a good year to get some of those early Type-ins from Multi-platform magazines typed in and onto CPC-Power, in some cases that required obtaining good quality scans which people from World of Spectrum were happy to help.  :)
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3