News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

A discussion on WWII Germany

Started by Gryzor, 10:43, 26 August 11

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

And today both our countries are not souvereign and our governments do what the US wants.

But the Greeks now show how to do, don't pay the banksters. Argentina did that before and now their economy is rising up. Hopefully the Europeans will learn that lesson too  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

ivarf

I am not sure what you mean. Norway is not a part of EU, but we have close ties to EU and USA.

Gryzor

Well, Germany was actually rebuilt by the others - American aid money and foreign workers. Oh, and did anyone mention defaulting on their debts a few times, after destroying the rest of Europe?

Now, Greeks on the other hand, though considered an Aryan people (pfffft) were left with a devastated country, an imposed civil war (did you know the napalm was first tested on the Greek mountains in the fight against the guerrillas?) and an oppressive regime that ended in '74. Not that I'm discounting our own faults, just comparing initial conditions.

Japan was also made into what it is today by the Americans - but I wouldn't consider them a better society. Sure, they got lots of money but I wouldn't want to be a Japanese (and who said they are Aryans anyway?).

Scandinavians I like. But I fail to see how it connects with the rest.

MacDeath

QuoteWell, Germany was actually rebuilt by the others - American aid money and foreign workers. Oh, and did anyone mention defaulting on their debts a few times, after destroying the rest of Europe?
Deutchland had some underground/bunkerised factories, so not all their production capability was totally destroyed.
Also a huge great many of the poeples in the Army were then deported after the war to USSR (were all could enjoy good old Stalin well renowned hospitability that is so great that many of them didn't came back...)

Even in france we had a shitton of german ex-soldier that were used as slaves/reparation to clean the mess and remove the minefields... needless to say not all of them made it to home with full body integrity.
Not to mention all those german girls that got raped... was it deserved ? WWII was so messed up and Nazi attrocities really didn't help.
But Stalin regime was not angelic anyway, nor were the Colonialist France or UK after all.

American Aid... most non communist europe could get it and did get it, some more than others i guess.
Thats the advantages of being a colonial power like France perhaps, with a long diplomatic history with USA..

QuoteNow, Greeks on the other hand, though considered an Aryan people (pfffft) were left with a devastated country, an imposed civil war (did you know the napalm was first tested on the Greek mountains in the fight against the guerrillas?) and an oppressive regime that ended in '74. Not that I'm discounting our own faults, just comparing initial conditions.
"Aryan" was a magnified Nazi concept... but Tzigans or Persian are perhaps actually more Aryan.

And yes, Greek had to go through civil war, because you know, it was iron curtain and USSR.
Britons did some lot of casualties... but if it hadn't been, Greece would have been in USSR. not sure if want, I mean, you know, it was during Stalin.
Also, had your country falled into USSR, you greeks wouldn't have had Amstrad 8 bit computers... ;) (ok, badly placed joke)

Yes, many injustices were commited to the Hellenic historical resistance against Nazies because they were communist.
But think about the fact Germany was splited in two, Poland couldn't even become free again and suffered a lot from those damned Stalinists.

(WWI is always said to have ended in 1918.. it didn't, the war continued in Poland, who struggled to be a real country again, and even managed to defeat recently founded USSR/Red Russia.. and Germany remnants.)

As a result, Greece always had an oversized army... because of turkish and USSR neighbourhood... and the "military regime cultural" heritage.

West Germany on the other hand, was denied the possibility/need to actually had a huge army...hence many money saved.

considering Greece isa "small country" and Germany a big one, the mathematic is terrible, an army is the damnest expensive thing you can imagine.
Having to build an army, you can't produce stuff for the civil population. you have to choose between a helmet or a frying pan... or between Tanks column or schools.

QuoteJapan was also made into what it is today by the Americans - but I wouldn't consider them a better society. Sure, they got lots of money but I wouldn't want to be a Japanese (and who said they are Aryans anyway?).
While being fully into "race"  fetish, Nazi Regime was also quite pragmatic and had to find ally wherever they could.
Japanese society is really alien to our Occidental European modern culture (post WW2) and to be fair, while I found it interesting, I largely prefer to be European... While Japaneses are really productives poeples, the individuality in their society is drawed into a mountain of social barriers and conventions.
Look at Fukushima... they failed to see problems because it is not good in Japan for some individual to break social harmony by telling that there are some problems that need solutions, the "inferiorly ranked" individual can't just tell the "soccially superior" individual what should be done... you have to stay at your place... So it is hard for them to have someone giving a proper solution spontaneously if he is not the leader... they must discuss longly with a shitton of social barrier of politness... which is no good when you have a crisis/disaster in progress...
And they lack in personnal initiative.

Also, while they almost have very Hi-Tech Sexual Gynoids and fancy hardware sprites on their MSX, they actually lacked really usefull Robots to put water on this damn Nuclear Plant...
They simply couldn't even just find any pipeline and pumps they could get around and get them into the sea to tap water.

but they are good at sacrificing themselves desperately... obviously.

QuoteScandinavians I like. But I fail to see how it connects with the rest.
That's the point with europe... We don't connect but we should.
I mean, Germanics (to me Scandinavian are some sort of Celtic/Germanic culture... "in b4 shitstorm"...), Slavs, Latins, Hellenic, Celtics... add to this a few "even more ancestral "minorities" and even a few Asian tribes... Celts used to be "Eurasian" Barbarians perhaps 2500 years ago.

Scandinavians seem really different from southern latin/mediterranean/Hellenic europeans... but a country like France is perhaps the link betwen all those cultures...
I mean, you know this place called Normandie.

And just look at native Africans, native Americans or eastern Asians... and most native Europeans and you understand a bit more why Europe is somewhat an almost unified ethnic entity (well, used to be).
Culturally, Christianity was also some sort of unification factor too.