News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

RedDwarf X 2012!

Started by Badstarr, 16:08, 07 May 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Badstarr

Well this might be already well known news but like our trusty CPC it's reassuring to know the universe has some constants! It appears that RedDwarf will be returning at the end of the year... Picture This | News | Red Dwarf Just thought I would mention it, I think there is a law somewhere that says if you use a CPC you have to like RedDwarf  ;)
Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)

tastefulmrship

The last two reboot attempts were p00p! (Thanks Dave!)
Let's hope this one's better!

Badstarr

Yup, they certainly weren't the best by any means! An ok watch though, but not the sort of thing you want to view again and again like the original ones. I think the only thing we have to thank 'Dave' for is the fact that it will have shown there is still a pretty sizeable audience for RedDwarf so the producers will make more I hope so anyway! I think as long as they stick to the original formula this time without trying to be too clever (CarBug 1? what the???!) it should be pretty good!
Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)

TFM

Quote from: Badstarr on 16:08, 07 May 12
Well this might be already well known news but like our trusty CPC it's reassuring to know the universe has some constants! It appears that RedDwarf will be returning at the end of the year... Picture This | News | Red Dwarf Just thought I would mention it, I think there is a law somewhere that says if you use a CPC you have to like RedDwarf  ;)

Well, after a certain time (not a too distant future), after the RIS (radio impendancy shock) the common PC technology will stop working, but the CPC will still work. Soon a CPC will be more worth than it's weight in gold. Now you all thing I'm just kidding... wait and see.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Badstarr

Ah yes... I believe this is due to happen this year, the Mayan calendar comes to an end (or something) the planets align causing the Earth's magnetic poles to switch reversing the polarity of all x86 and x86, ARM and PPC CPUs causing PCs to run in reverse, thus undoing all their past instructions byte by byte making Wikipedia more credible by the microsecond until it is crushed into a digital singularity. Of course we CPC users can get around this problem by reversing the wiring inside the power plug (PS...don't).  ;D 

Bryce

Cool, I always wanted a Digital singularity. Of course I'd then go and build an expansion for it and it's no longer singular. You just can't win.

Bryce.

TFM

Never mind! I take one  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

ralferoo

Original Red Dwarf was really funny, the new things were utter garbage. I didn't even watch the second half of the 2 part special recently even though it was all recorded and ready to go.

Sometimes, it's better to leave stuff steeped in nostalgia than trying to remake it, because it'll never be as good as people remember.

MacDeath

We hadn't those in france, Sadly... (nor Doctor Who unntil the recent relaunch...)

But we had "Hellène et les Garçons"... shit was so cash. :(

but of course we had many AmstradCPCs...

I guess our UK tolerance couldn't allow to have both, we choosed computers.