News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Aaaaarrrrggghhhh!!!

Started by Bryce, 20:59, 20 December 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Ok, so I find an item on ebay that I've been looking for... It was a piece of retro/antique test equipment. It was listed with a starting price of 35 pounds, but the seller had only given postage prices for the UK. So I send him a message three days before the auctions end date to ask if he would also send it to Germany. The answer came back that he would (for 20 pounds), but he only answered a few minutes after the auction had ended, but said he would put it back up on offer immediately as no one had made a bid on it first time around....

He did, but he put it up as a "Buy Now" item for 120 quid!!!! What a miserable f*@k!n w@nHir sh!thed fükwittt!!!!! Who does something like that!!???

Bryce.

ralferoo

Just wait for nobody to buy it at that price and then buy for the original price when he eventually relists it.

Bryce

The last thing I will do is give that guy even 1 cent for his dumbass device. He can put it back in his basement to rot away forever. It's not that rare, so I'll find another one.

Bryce.

AMSDOS

Quote from: Bryce on 20:59, 20 December 13
He did, but he put it up as a "Buy Now" item for 120 quid!!!! What a miserable f*@k!n w@nHir sh!thed fükwittt!!!!! Who does something like that!!???

Bryce.

Someone who clearly doesn't want to sell the thing. Usually the idea is if no-one bids for it the first time around, then the price should come down.

I worry about falling into the same trap if I ever get a chance of buying a home even though one could see some of the advantages of the area, I think the key word to leave out is don't say you love the view cause they might jack the price up a few grand.  :(
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

TFM

Oh well, sleep over it and if you can get it for a cheap price then take it. You must not marry the seller though ;-)

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CanonMan

What a greedy git!

What was this item of test gear anyway?

Gryzor

The world is full of assholes, isn't it?

The Last Bandit

Now that's a crappy move indeed.  Ask him how much for delivery right up his ass......

Bryce

:D That was exactly what I thought at the time too.

Bryce.

TFM

Don't get upset, it's not worth.  :)  You will find a better offer. Good luck!!!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

QuoteWhat a miserable f*@k!n w@nHir sh!thed fükwittt!!!!!
Bryce, iz zat you ?

you tolk like a drunken MacDeath on crack... ;)

Bryce

In real life I have a seriously foul tongue. I (normally) try to be restrained online though.

Bryce.

AMSDOS

Quote from: Bryce on 21:52, 22 December 13
In real life I have a seriously foul tongue. I (normally) try to be restrained online though.

Bryce.

How does that work if you're using Skype?
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Bryce

That depends who I'm talking to :D

Bryce.