News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Advanced Amstrad Programming by David Lawrence

Started by duncan_bayne, 23:31, 29 August 12

Previous topic - Next topic

duncan_bayne

Hi All,

I've just been reading Advanced Amstrad Programming by David Lawrence and was curious as to whether anyone here knows anything about the author?

I was discussing the book with a colleague of mine & he reckons (& I agree) that David might have been a mainframe / minicomputer programmer prior to writing about the CPC ... he takes a very professional approach, more so than many hobbyist-micro books I've read.

Yours,
Duncan

AMSDOS

Unsure what David's background is. I was fortunate to find "The Working Amstrad - a library of practical subroutines and programs" by David Lawrence & Simon Lane. It doesn't say a great deal about David Lawrence on the back cover, except he is "the author of several best-selling computer books including The Working Commodore 64, Advanced Programming Techniques on your Commodore 64 and The Working Spectrum."

Unfortunately there wasn't much else to go from that. Unsure when "Advanced Amstrad Programming" came out, my copy of "The Working Amstrad" is dated 1984 and is targeting BASIC 1.0 - looks like a bit of a typo on the Books Page (dating it to 1985).  :)
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3