News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

And I thought old CPC stuff was expensive.....

Started by Bryce, 10:03, 02 March 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Devilmarkus

When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

Heheheh! Yes, I had this on my watch list (not to buy, of course, I dislike the NES anyway), and it made my day. Someone should probably rob this guy and spread the money around...

arnoldemu

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Devilmarkus

Quote from: arnoldemu on 11:59, 02 March 10
I think maybe Duck Tales, or Spiderman or other unreleased GX4000 game may come close to this  :P

Come on, let's code "Duck Tales" and "Spiderman" and tell the world we found the games. Let's burn them on cartridges and sell them on E*ay...
(We could ask the polish people how)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

ukmarkh

All the bits are available from Maplins in order to build your own programmer/device... and one of the CPC sites out there have allready documented it.

MacDeath

41.300$ ???

Notice that if the factory sealing is broken, the value turns back to 13$... quelle bande de cons.

Reminds me of "comic book guy" in the Simpsons...

But we are users, not professional collectors... If I want Pang on cartridge, it's because it's a great game. :P

TFM

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 12:11, 02 March 10
Come on, let's code "Duck Tales" and "Spiderman" and tell the world we found the games. Let's burn them on cartridges and sell them on E*ay...
(We could ask the polish people how)

For $20,000 I'll make both games for you! And they will be the best ever made on CPC. But pay in advance (if you drink to forget ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

Toki would be great too.

Gaza 2 also (there is no Soccer game on GX4000...).

Chase HQ 2 would be more credible though.

ivarf

Quote from: MacDeath on 18:22, 03 March 10
41.300$ ???

Notice that if the factory sealing is broken, the value turns back to 13$... quelle bande de cons.

Reminds me of "comic book guy" in the Simpsons...

But we are users, not professional collectors... If I want Pang on cartridge, it's because it's a great game. :P

Would anyone notice if I bought a very pretty game at $13, cleaned and resealed it? Or even just lye about having it, and use the photo from the other auction. Then sell it cheap at $1500.
Surely this must be tempting for ebay-scammers

Bryce

It depends.... As that would be blatant fraud, the question is.... Would your family visit you regularly in prison? Do they allow CPCs in your local "Government Guesthouse" ?

Bryce.

arnoldemu

Quote from: ukmarkh on 15:28, 11 March 10
How about OUT RUN  :'(
I think you mean an improved outrun, not the trash we got.
Next we'll find out the coder was only given 2 days for the whole conversion ;)

I think for Outrun it's not the graphics that let it down because I think they are reasonable, it's the snails pace that does it and the lack of music in game.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

redbox

Quote from: arnoldemu on 10:57, 19 March 10
I think for Outrun it's not the graphics that let it down because I think they are reasonable, it's the snails pace that does it and the lack of music in game.

I agree totally, really let down by the speed.

I'm amazed that games like this are possible on 8-bit computers though, especially when they are done well like Continental Circus, Wec Le Mans, Burnin Rubber, Chase HQ etc.

Am sure I'm missing a couple of really simple techniques that would make programming these games possible...  ::)

Gryzor

But I *did* like Out Run! Dunno why, but I really did.;..

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:58, 19 March 10
But I *did* like Out Run! Dunno why, but I really did.;..

Me too!

Edit: I STILL like it (no, I'm not perverted)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

ivarf

Quote from: Bryce on 09:24, 19 March 10
It depends.... As that would be blatant fraud, the question is.... Would your family visit you regularly in prison? Do they allow CPCs in your local "Government Guesthouse" ?

Bryce.

I would be very careful before buying anything this expensive, at Ebay-auctions. When the deal is too good, it usually are. Ebays rules doesn't do much to help you when you get in trouble and Paypal is only helpful the first 30 days.