News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Anyone else getting dissillusioned with modern gaming?

Started by Dr Tiger Ninestein, 19:46, 03 July 14

Previous topic - Next topic

beaker

Quote from: Carnivac on 14:32, 04 July 14
That was for a years sub and you didn't find any time to play any of the games in the whole year?   

Sorry to hear about your loss.

There was lots of drinking and I've been buying 2 or 3 retro machines a month so I just haven't had time  :-[ I would have hoped there would have been more of a range of games on the PSN Plus.

The biggest problem I had with Last of Us is was supposed to be this really immersive experience but the AI wasn't up to it and when you had to engage in combat, the combat system wasn't great, and the stages where you had to snipe from an upstairs room felt tagged on... and so much walking only to find it was a complete waste of time. I don't know, personally, I was just underwhelmed by the game. Oh, plus it would also have been nice to have the option to kill Ellie at the end for being so damned annoying  :laugh: Still, at least it had and ending unlike Rage  :laugh:

ralferoo

Personally, I think the PSN+ is phenomenal value even though I don't have enough time to really play many of them. And even though on the PS3 a lot of the best games I already own. Having games like Uncharted 3 on there is phenomenal value for money if you haven't already played it.

I originally just signed up because Ico + Colossus for the PS3 were on there and it cost about the same to buy them second hand as a year's subscription.

Like Carnivac, I activate every game even on the consoles I don't yet have. And so when I got a PS4, the only game I "purchased" was Watchdogs as I got it in a bundle with the console, and yet I've already got 8 really good games because of the PSN+ subscription.

Xbox Live now has a similar thing - the Gold subscription now gives you free games each month too...

cpc4eva

Quote from: AMSDOS on 23:42, 03 July 14
I only play Stick Cricket, which is funny cause people beg me to play other iPhone/Android games along with the occasional popular one which I'm not interested in.  ::)

how the hell do u win or post massive scores on that ? drove me nuts so i gave up ;)

AMSDOS

Quote from: cpc4eva on 21:24, 04 July 14

how the hell do u win or post massive scores on that ? drove me nuts so i gave up ;)

Well I'm a little rusty at it now, but apparently every ball can be hit for 6. It's a little bit like playing Grand Prix Driver in the Amstrad except your dodging the Cars going at a certain speed, Great Fun!  :D
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

Last current-gen game I played was indeed the new Wolfenstein. Only because i loved the previous titles in the series. I enjoyed it quite a bit to tell you the truth. Can't judge the graphics as I don't focus on them that much, but they looked nice. Didn't feel like a next-gen game, just more and better of the same, but I had a blast. Not too easy, not too hard, took me several days of trying till I finished it. But apart from that... ugh.

Only title I'm looking forward to is No Man's Sky:

No Man's Sky

This should be interesting...

PS Oh, as for the Zone: courtesy of a donour who wants to remain anonymous, I'm in possession o f the static portion of the site. Not the forum, unfortunately. Still trying to decide what to do with it...

Executioner

Quote from: ralferoo on 21:13, 04 July 14
Personally, I think the PSN+ is phenomenal value even though I don't have enough time to really play many of them.

I agree, and so long as you maintain your ssubscription you never lose access to the games. There are so many games I hardly need to buy any.

QuoteHaving games like Uncharted 3 on there is phenomenal value for money if you haven't already played it.

I liked UC3, but it's quite buggy, and I don't think it was anywhere near as good as the first one.

QuoteAnd so when I got a PS4, the only game I "purchased" was Watchdogs as I got it in a bundle with the console, and yet I've already got 8 really good games because of the PSN+ subscription.

I've played Resogun and completed Dead Nation Apocalypse.. Haven't really had much chance to get into the rest of them.

Optimus

Wow, no mans sky looks interesting! What? PS4 only? I hope they release it later on PC.

ralferoo

Don't Starve is really good fun. I had to choose to stop playing as I was playing it non stop for the first week I owned my PS4 (and I was on holiday, so that's a LOT of time!)

The initial few days you die very quickly until you figure out how to survive. My current save is at 100 days which seemed like a good point to stop! (A game day is 8 real world minutes)