News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Anyone interested in a BBQ next month?

Started by CraigsBar, 20:12, 20 July 14

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Hi all,

Each summer (Irish august bank holiday weekend) my wife and I hold a BBQ for friends at our house. This year I would like too extend an invitation to all forum members.

Whilst I appreciate the west coast of Ireland is a long way to travel to when you live in Greece or Australia, but it would be great to meet some of the names here.

This year we are hosting the party on the 2nd august but we are both off work on Friday as well, and the whole of the following week.

Don't expect this to be a retro party, but that is no reason not to come and chat about the old machines over a beer and a burger.

Accommodation can be provided on a first come first served basis, either in our spare room, the retro/Mac cave or in tents on the back lawn.

I will be living up to my nick, and the bar will be open, I have recently brewed 2 varieties of cider, a wheat beer and an ale. Food will be taken care of too. So really all you need to do is get here!

Anyone interested ask any questions here, or drop me a pm for directions.

Craig
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Carnivius

Been years since I've managed to get to a barbecue.  I keep getting invited to ones I can't possibly get to.  Hope you have fun. :)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

beaker

Damn, I think I might be away that weekend.

Where about are you on the West Coast, Galway?

CraigsBar

Yes, just outside Mountbellew to be precise ☺

Bryce

I won't be back in Ireland until November, but thanks for the invitation anyway.

Bryce.

robcfg

I'd like to assist, but I start on my new job at Stockholm the 1st of august...

That said, thanks for inviting us! I'm pretty sure next time some of us we'll be able to join you.

Damn! I'd like to taste your home brewn cider!! ;)

CraigsBar

Quote from: robcfg on 14:32, 21 July 14
Damn! I'd like to taste your home brewn cider!! ;)
I had a taster last night. It's really *very* good. Some people can make good games. I make good alcohol. What can I say, we should use our talents where they are best fitting!

MacDeath

BBQ, is that the crossbreed of an BBC and a QL ?

CraigsBar

Quote from: MacDeath on 23:22, 21 July 14
BBQ, is that the crossbreed of an BBC and a QL ?

And even some Home Brew in there. I always wanted the BBC but not the QL.... Those waferdrives used to make me run for cover at school. My 3 inch floppy was so much faster ;)

beaker

Ah, I love my beeb, especially paired up with a Turbo MMC. It's probably my most favourite computer of all time behind the Tatung Einstein which I've recently renovated and had a new bathroom installed and am quite happily living in  :laugh:

Agreed on the QL's. I keep seeing them on ebay and avoiding like the plague.

CraigsBar

I kinda would like a Sam coupe tho. Dunno why, it's only a speccy with go faster stripes. Perhaps it's the prospect of twin internal floppy drives?

Gryzor