News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Anyone interested in a HP Jornada 720 pocket computer?

Started by mr_lou, 17:24, 09 July 18

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_lou

HP Jornada 720
Pocket computer that I bought off of eBay years ago. It was supposed to replace my Ericsson MC218, but it never did. My MC218 is still number one, so the Jornada 720 has just been sitting in a box in the closet all these years.
The lid is a bit loose. But everything seems to work.
Does anyone have any interest in one of these?

I'm too lazy to take photos before seeing any interest (as I don't expect any). But let me know if I'm wrong, then I'll post some pics.  :)

Bryce

I wouldn't mind messing about with one of these. Anything you'd like to have as a swap?

Bryce.

mr_lou

Quote from: Bryce on 19:57, 09 July 18
I wouldn't mind messing about with one of these. Anything you'd like to have as a swap?

I could have sworn I already asked you if you had any interest in this, and you said no...?
A swap? Hm... well a "Bryce CPC repair" coupon is always useful.  ;) Got any of those in stock?
Then you'll just need to pay for shipping.

Bryce

You did actually offer it to me at one stage and I said yes, I'd be interested, but it was in connection with an Amiga A600 mod that you wanted done but it never happened.

Bryce.

mr_lou

Quote from: Bryce on 07:29, 10 July 18
You did actually offer it to me at one stage and I said yes, I'd be interested, but it was in connection with an Amiga A600 mod that you wanted done but it never happened.
Oh... well.
I'll find out what the shipping cost is then, and get back to you.  :)

Bryce

Did you ever get the A600 modified? From what I can remember, it was to install an internal HxC and add more RAM (probably a recap too). But as I said, I never did that mod, so you don't owe me anything.Is there any retro stuff you are looking for that I might have? Then we could do a swap.

Bryce.

mr_lou

Quote from: Bryce on 09:19, 10 July 18
Did you ever get the A600 modified? From what I can remember, it was to install an internal HxC and add more RAM (probably a recap too). But as I said, I never did that mod, so you don't owe me anything.Is there any retro stuff you are looking for that I might have? Then we could do a swap.
No I never got it done. Too busy with other things.
As for a swap, I'm sure I might need some repairs or something else somewhere down the line. How about you just owe me a favor?
I'm not really looking for anything at the moment....

Bryce

Ok, then "Repair coupon" it is. Let me know what the postage will cost.

Bryce.

mr_lou

Quote from: Bryce on 09:24, 10 July 18
Ok, then "Repair coupon" it is. Let me know what the postage will cost.
Can you PM me your address again?  :-X

Gryzor

Ah these are so cute... did you get it Bryce?

Bryce

Yes, but the post office played football with the box, so despite mrlou's excellent packaging skills, the device arrived in several pieces. It's now in my repair queue.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Ah darn. Let us know what you do with it, if anything interesting :)

How powerful are these anyway?

mr_lou

Quote from: Bryce on 10:11, 23 August 18
Yes, but the post office played football with the box, so despite mrlou's excellent packaging skills, the device arrived in several pieces. It's now in my repair queue.

Wow, was it that bad? I didn't catch that in the mail. Sorry to hear that.
But yea, faith in humanity is generally dropping fast...  :(

I'm afraid to mail you my Psion for repairs.....

Bryce

Well you had mentioned that the hinge already had some damage to it, but the post office managed to further the damage and the lid now only hangs on at one end. I haven't had a chance to take a closer look at whether it's just a mechanical issue or whether any electronic damage has occured.

Bryce.

mr_lou

Quote from: Bryce on 10:15, 23 August 18
Well you had mentioned that the hinge already had some damage to it, but the post office managed to further the damage and the lid now only hangs on at one end. I haven't had a chance to take a closer look at whether it's just a mechanical issue or whether any electronic damage has occured.
Oh yea I misunderstood that. Didn't think you meant it was totally loose. I thought you just meant it weren't 100% firm. But you actually mean it wasn't attached at all in one end? Then yes, definitely postman playing football.  :(

Gryzor

Ah, the Psions. Really like those, but never had one sadly...