News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Apple developer talks about the new MacBook!

Started by MaV, 00:00, 16 March 15

Previous topic - Next topic

MaV

Pure comedy! :D

Apple Engineer Talks about the New 2015 Macbook - YouTube

The thing is, I can imagine that it really happened like that at Apple before they presented it.

Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

seanb

I didn't know there was a new macbook coming out so that made this funnier for me  ;D
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

McKlain

MacDeath

I it not supposed to be a powerstation for big hard work, more like a fancy iPad with a keyboard and running on Mac OS X instead of iOS and no touch screen.

I guess most of us serious old school computer addicts wouldn't see a use for that.
it is really for basic computer browse, text and media playing and that's it, just like most iPad are used for.

nice design but I would have put a second USB-C on the other side.

You cannot use any peripheral while charging unless you buy the fancy dongle for a reasonnable 99 $/£/€ meagre fee.
Really designed for nomadic use or dudes who want some kool looking expensive things.

"it is even thinner than Air"... it is a Mac Book Void...

I guess a tablet with a proper keyboard yet also touchscreen AND trackpad (as the other company already do) is somewhat what this device was (should?) supposed to be... except that the other companies have them run on Win8 and keyboard can be separated.

Are there already some USB-C flashkeys ?
I mean, old USB is so implented on the market that it is here to stay for at least 10 more years.

While USB-C is a proper USB norm, we  are not sure it will be adopted by the whole market because this is not something that can be predicted and so many times some manufacturers made the wrong choice :
VHS/BETAMAX, BlueRAY/HDDVD...

Remember that some industrial devices still run on Floppy disk technology.. some techs would stick longer after obsolescence just because of the cheer amount of devices still in use.

Firewire , Thunderbolt... USB-C ?

If SAMSUNG, SONY and ASUS don't use the USB-C, it may be another failure.
And I already see many dramas if the unique port is faulty or already used but device needs to be charged during an important critic use of a peripheral.

So not a serious user machine at all, more an executives thing or rich-born students who just want to be fancy but doesn't know anything.

custom made batteries are gonna be quite expensive I guess.

seanb

A basic ipad or  laptop for over £1000.

Doesn't sound justifiable to me.

Gryzor

They probably overshot by quite a bit. making it so low-powered is really stupid. I mean, sure, it's not for serious work, but then again netbooks weren't either, and they were 1/4 of the price.

However, no question hipsters and idiots will lap it up...

Btw, MaV, thanks for the vid, I cad seen it but not watched it. It brought tears of laughter to my eyes :D

MaV

@seanb: I'm envious! It would have been the icing on the cake, if I had not known the new MacBooks specs beforehand, only to realise afterwards that this isn't just a joke. :D

@MacDeath: No need to compare this with non-Apple devices.

The iPad Air 2 is close to 700 Euros with 128GB (new MacBook: 1300 Euros), and perhaps close to the speed of the mentioned MacBook (or even faster? :D ), has two cameras (1080p/720p; new MacBook: 480p), 10 hours battery life (new MacBook: 9hrs), a slightly lower resolution (pixel by pixel), and is much lighter (437g as opposed to 2lb).
If I really wanted a similar device with which to surf on my sofa and do casual stuff, it'd be an iPad. And since even the most expensive one is about 600 Euros cheaper, there's enough budget to buy an additional keyboard to type on it, in case you really need it and don't just want to use the touch screen for typing.

@Gryzor: It's been a pleasure! ;) My wife and I were also in tears over this video.

seanb

MaV

I'm not sure if it will be practicable at all, but it certainly wins for the nostalgia factor. :D