News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Athens burning...

Started by Gryzor, 21:31, 12 February 12

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

@Spybro: There is something you should know. The control over German media "Medienhoheit' (TV, radio, newspaper...) belongs to the USA till the year of 2099. After WW-II USA and Germany made a secret contract about that, some reporters found out about it and published it. Now it's not that secret any more, but mainstream media will never ever talk about it.

So the question is why do they try to bring troubles between us. The German press is not nice to Greece and the Greece press is not nice to Germany. If we start to fight each other, none of us will see 'what' is causing the trouble. Or what do you think?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

TFM, to tell you the truth, it's not like they've been telling us everything; maybe they did strike a deal with the troika they're not telling us about and it leaked to the German media, but I doubt it since they'd *want* to go public with such news (what with the armed forces being in a deplorable state and all).

The only article I found in the Greek media that offers something different than "defense spending to be cut by xx%" only mentions that the troika, on Merkel's insistence, does not support such cuts because it would mean order cutting towards German companies. I just looked again and I can find no news pieces mentioning any rise in military spending... weird. But then again, so many outright lies are told about the conditions in Greece in foreign media that it's not really surprising...

Gryzor

@deepfm: a very interesting post, thanks for that.

Concerning state-owned enterprises, I don't think they even *need* to run a profit. Public utilities, for instance, in my mind, should *not* run a profit in any case. What's more, it's inconceivable that they should be running a loss: running a loss means they're not getting enough funds from the state. Cheap utilities are the basis of a humane society, one would think, and state money shoul compensate for any 'losses' as a redistribution mechanism; that's what taxes are for in the first place, anyhow!

A good point you're raising about prices; yes, it's pretty common to run a public utility to the ground, claiming it can't do its job profitably then selling it off for pennies on the dollar just to have the prices rise... So why the heck, you f*ckers, didn't raise the prices in the first place? At least that way income would go to the state coffers instead of some private company...

And yes, we're finally looking at some concerted reaction against what's happening in Greece. It is true - they've been saying this here even before all hell broke loose- that Greece, what with being the weak link and all, will be Europe's experiment lab in preparation for similar action in other countries... It's disgusting, is what it is.

Gryzor

Well, several days ago they stole a Picasso from the National Gallery. This morning, the Olympics museum in Olympia.

Whoever has been in Olympia will know it's a mystical place. The feeling when walking among the very well preserved ruins, where the ancient athletes lived, trained and competed is eery. The place itself is really beautiful. And it has two small, but very nice museums. With no guards. Like all the museums in Greece, suffering from budget cuts and a severe lack of personnel.

This is what we've come to, ignoring the most precious thing we've got; our history.

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_wsite1_1_17/02/2012_428407

Gryzor

By the way, I just read that the law concerning the new 'adjustments' is coming to the "parliament" tonight. Defense spending is cut by a further 400m indeed.

TFM

Thanks' for all the informations.

What do you think? Do the people in Greece like to leave the EU? Well, I ask because actually nobody of us has ever been asked so far (excluding 1-2 EU countries, where people have been asked as often as it took to make them say 'Yes').

I think the European idea is a great thing, but in reality the EU is the end of democracy. All this new EU laws and rule have been made by persons, who have been elected by ... nobody!

If I tell my US buddies that in the EU the EU law tells you which kind of light bulbs you have to use, then the can't stop laughting for an hour - and that's sad for us.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

This is a hard question. Inasmuch as we're talking about the Eurozone then probably so, yes. If we're talking about the EU then probably not.

It's really sad, how distorted the EU vision has become...

TFM

Your last sentence is sooooo true.
TFM of FutureSoft