News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Bought another 464

Started by Vyper68, 09:29, 10 January 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyper68

I've gone and bought another 464 off eBay ( i will NOT learn )  :picard:
and i will now soon have two and i started wondering how many peeps on this forum have have more than one 464 or 6128 and do you buy them to use, to save from oblivion or as back ups.
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

reidrac

Quote from: Vyper68 on 09:29, 10 January 18
I've gone and bought another 464 off eBay ( i will NOT learn )  :picard:
and i will now soon have two and i started wondering how many peeps on this forum have have more than one 464 or 6128 and do you buy them to use, to save from oblivion or as back ups.

I have only one 464 for testing my games and occasional gaming, because currently I don't have a lot of space and the 464 is an space-eater (destructor-of-worlds).

I'd love to have a 6128, but I don't have time to invest on ebay and unfortunately around here there's no other way.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

DanyPPC

Yes, the classic 464 takes up too much space, but it reminds me of childhood.
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

Bryce

1x 464, 1x 6128, 1x 6128+. As well as those I have around 30 other retro computers of the time, but always only one of each. I normally only use the 6128 and 6128+. The 464 is my original from childhood and all the others are just for reference, for when I run out of ideas trying to fix a computer for someone else. Sometimes the Amiga A600 or A1200 come out for a gaming session.

On occassions I end up with an extra, but I usually sell these off pretty quickly due to lack of space.

Bryce.

Dagger

I have all boxed 6128, 464, 664, 6128+, 464+ and a GX4000. Unboxed a 6128 with hxc fitted and a spare 464. I use the 464 & 6128 quite a bit.
Life's a bitch. You marry one or two then you die !

Shaun M. Neary

I have 1x CPC464 - That's the one that started me off, although it's not quite the original machine from childhood, I only bought one recently and it's undergoing repair.

1x 6128+ for playing games that cater for additional Plus features.

1x GX4000. For the sake of having it, and plugging a C4CPC. It's also due a minor repair as the pins literally fell out of joystick port 1!

M4, HxC, C4CPC, ZMem and MFII clone to use on both the 464 and the 6128+. I think I'm pretty much sorted in terms of Amstrads now.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

mr_lou

I have 2x CPC464, 1x CPC6128 and 1x CPC464 plus expanded with lots of various stuff, and 1x GX4000.

I don't buy additional CPC stuff from eBay (especially not these days with those crazy prices), but when/if I stumble over CPC stuff at various markets, then I buy. They're usually defective though, so I have mates fix them up. This is why I currently have 2x CPC464, but as soon as I find someone (local) who can use one, they can buy the extra one from me very cheap.  :)

VincentGR

I have 2x464, one repaired and one dead. The first one was in the trashcan and I bought the second for the tape deck. Will be repaired soon, can't stand the site of a dead amstrad...

A 464+ converted to 6128.

Can't really remember of 6128, 3 or 4... and my first one thanks to Bryce.

Shining

I own 1 * 6128+ , 3 * 6128 (including the one from my childhood which was not working with M4-Board, so I cannibalized the keyboard for my azerty-plus) and one GX4000 for the sake of having one.

I first had my old 6128 (CRTC0) and found the second one in trash (CTRC2). Later I bought the third to have spare-parts. With the 6128+ I had luck at ebay some years ago. Todays prices are crazy.

Ah I forgot: All the classic 6128 are Schneider-ones with centronics connector.
TGS is back

Download my productions at:
cpc.scifinet.org

chinnyhill10

2 x 464's, 2 x 6128's, 1 x 464 Plus and 1 x GX4000

To be honest much of that is down to the Youtube channel and the CPC being a pillar of my coverage. The 464 + was donated and the spare 464 is for a future feature and the GX4000 was for a video. I think I would have always ended up with a spare 6128, just too important to me to only have the one.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

CraigsBar

Upgraded 464+, 6218+, cpc 464, 3x cpc 6128 & a GX4000

This gives me all 4 crtc types.

0,1 & 2 in the 6128s
3 in the plusses (obviously)
4 in the cost down 464

I can always find a way to watch any demo!

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

gaos74

My Amstrad portfolio is still small since I started collecting in September.

I own 1 x 6128 and 1 x 6128 plus paired with 2 x Tomahawk/Pacman joysticks.

Skunkfish

Since this is rapidly turning into a 'What Amstrads do I own' thread I may as well chip in.

I have no 464s, but I do have...

- 6128 Plus with MotherX4, X-Mem, M4 board, C4CPC, GoTek HxC and a 'Bryce' USB mouse adapter
- 6128 that's been in pieces for 15 years that I must put back together one day (the original CPC that we got for Xmas 1991)
- Broken GX4000 that I bought untested from eBay around 15 years ago for a tenner - at least I got two control pads and a Burning Rubber cart out of it! (actually, no idea what I've done with those control pads)
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

CraigsBar

Quote from: Skunkfish on 10:07, 12 January 18

- Broken GX4000 that I bought untested from eBay around 15 years ago for a tenner - at least I got two control pads and a Burning Rubber cart out of it! (actually, no idea what I've done with those control pads)

Hopefully only the ram needs replacing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Gryzor

Good for you guys, remembering what you have :D

I *think* I have a couple (at least) of 464s (a tall-key on and a cost-down one, probably a second of the later versions as well), a couple of 664s (one needs a new membrane...), I think I have a 472 somewhere, plus 2 6128s and a Schneider 6128 which is my daily driver. A GX, of course, at least 1 464 Plus and a 6128 Plus. NC100, NC200, Penpad ;D

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:15, 13 January 18
Good for you guys, remembering what you have :D

I *think* I have a couple (at least) of 464s (a tall-key on and a cost-down one, probably a second of the later versions as well), a couple of 664s (one needs a new membrane...), I think I have a 472 somewhere, plus 2 6128s and a Schneider 6128 which is my daily driver. A GX, of course, at least 1 464 Plus and a 6128 Plus. NC100, NC200, Penpad ;D

I have a button on my desk and it's bigger than yours!  :P

Bryce.

Gryzor

Do not challenge me you old, orange-haired man.

Vyper68

Hi
In the end i never got it. The tracking number he gave kept showing as not picked up and after a few days of this i emailed him and he admitted he could not find it anymore and that he had another he would send with a £5 discount. I declined the offer so now i am back to the status quo.
Here is his original email - i just don't get it.

sorry about this.

My printer has been playing up so I went to the local library to print off the Hermes parcel label.
However, despite an extensive search I can not find the computer.

I have the same computer model (Again untested) I can send to you tomorrow.

As a goodwill gesture I will issue you a partial refund of £5 via Paypal.

Hope this okay with you?

Sorry once again.

Bryce

Very questionable. How do you lose a 464 that you took pictures of just days before?

Bryce.

Shaun M. Neary

In the sellers defense, Hermes are awful and are known for randomly losing parcels.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Bryce

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 10:18, 17 January 18
In the sellers defense, Hermes are awful and are known for randomly losing parcels.

It never got as far as Hermes, he lost it before he brought it to them!

Bryce.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Bryce on 10:46, 17 January 18
It never got as far as Hermes, he lost it before he brought it to them!

Bryce.

Yeah, I only clocked that after re-reading it.
Maybe he has amnesia?

Ok, ok... it's dodgy as hell!

CPC_Fan

I currently just have a classic CPC 6128. Would love to have a 664 and a 6128+ as well. Unfortunately I don't have the space or the money at the moment to buy them  :(

tjohnson

Quote from: Vyper68 on 08:49, 17 January 18
Hi
In the end i never got it. The tracking number he gave kept showing as not picked up and after a few days of this i emailed him and he admitted he could not find it anymore and that he had another he would send with a £5 discount. I declined the offer so now i am back to the status quo.
Here is his original email - i just don't get it.

Hmmm, so a working Amstrad disappeared but then he found a broken one in it's place instead which generously he will sell for £5 less.  Probably a deal if you paid £5 in the first place, otherwise less so.

I'm having fund with an old computer I listed on ebay collection only, cash on collection that the buyer has paid with paypal.  Looks like I could get my first bit of negative feedback after 15 years on this one, as I can't accept paypal and collection.  Anyone got any advice on this?

Vyper68

Quote from: tjohnson on 00:18, 19 January 18
Hmmm, so a working Amstrad disappeared but then he found a broken one in it's place instead which generously he will sell for £5 less.  Probably a deal if you paid £5 in the first place, otherwise less so.

I'm having fund with an old computer I listed on ebay collection only, cash on collection that the buyer has paid with paypal.  Looks like I could get my first bit of negative feedback after 15 years on this one, as I can't accept paypal and collection.  Anyone got any advice on this?

If it was listed a collection only and cash only there should not have been an option to use PayPal in the listing. I take it you do have a PayPal account. I'm not sure if you do. I would be careful as it sounds like he have done this with an eye to get a refund off you when he get's it back home. Even if sold as seen & no returns they favour the buyer. Looking at it from his view he want's to cover himself in case it goes wrong. I still cannot work out how he used it in the first place.I cannot remember what happens when someone send money to an email that doesn't have a PayPal account I think is returned after a while. He hasn't met your sale criteria so you do need to complete it.