News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Census Guide

Started by EgoTrip, 14:55, 20 March 11

Previous topic - Next topic

EgoTrip

Heres a pretty informative guide regarding the UK census forms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LWi8ueBHZ8

Gryzor

Hmmm? Why are people opposed to the census then?

Ygdrazil

In Greenland? :)

Quote from: EgoTrip on 14:55, 20 March 11
Heres a pretty informative guide regarding the UK census forms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LWi8ueBHZ8

EgoTrip

Im not actually in Greenland. I just like the name of the country. 8)

The census is a joke, there are people making profit out of this and the government really has no right to the information on the forms, and it already has it all anyway. Its an intrusion of privacy and a way for the government to make money.

AMSDOS

Census guides in the wrong hands can be a dangerous business. They speculate that keep people anonymous with the Census which is true, though the information they will gather about you will be used to determine how the economy is running, and in the wrong places, banks, insurance, government, real estate companies will be eager to obtain that information to determine how the economy is running and if it warrants increasing profit margins based on that information. So Census Guides could well be responsible for raising the bar on living so to speak and anyone whose a battler will always struggle. So either lie on these Guides or don't fil it in at all.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

EgoTrip

Don't lie, and don't return the form at all. If you make contact with them in any way then they will be able to fine you (and they will, they will do ANYTHING to get money). Ignore the door next Sunday too. Don't play their game, then you cant lose.

Gryzor

Yes - now I remember the dispute, how companies buy the data. When I was studying in Cardiff I was in awe when I saw and used a data mining program that had so detailed information about income, political views and other stuff that it really made me wonder... Amazing. Awful, too.

Bryce

I for one welcome our new data-gathering overlords! ... Oh wait, no I don't. :)

Bryce.

mahlemiut

What you need is an earthquake, then maybe they'll cancel the census.  Worked down here! :)
- Barry Rodewald

AMSDOS

Quote from: EgoTrip on 14:56, 21 March 11
Don't lie, and don't return the form at all. If you make contact with them in any way then they will be able to fine you (and they will, they will do ANYTHING to get money). Ignore the door next Sunday too. Don't play their game, then you cant lose.

Sounds like their a cult!

I mean to lie on a form I mean within reason, information is information and if details of somebodies income a year ago is different from the period you get a census guide, then surely it's not being caught in an extreme lie. Obviously to not hand that kind of information in means to tell everyone to stop filling in those forms, high income earners or stubborn people aren't simply going to stop this activity if their consistantly filling their rubbish in.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

mahlemiut

I remember some years ago, a campaign to get people to list their religion as "Jedi" on census forms. :)
- Barry Rodewald

Gryzor

Yeah - but that was total bull.