News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Duke Nukem Forever is out... Your opinions?

Started by Devilmarkus, 12:55, 16 June 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilmarkus

I actually play the ego-shooter "Duke Nukem Forever".
On the one hand its a really cool piece of game... It strongly reminds on Duke Nukem 3d and is much fun to play.
On the other hand, it has some annoying features (Tap space until you die etc...).
Also the ending is a bit boring IMO.

So, who of you played it, too, and what are your opinions?
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

You finished it already??! I have it for my 360 but I'll be playing it after Child of Eden and Alice...

Devilmarkus

Sure.... this "Ego" energy feature makes it easy to finish.

Alice I will check tonight... Seems to be good.
I already liked the old Alice from 1999.

But an absolute MUST is The Witcher 2 - Assassins of Kings!!!

Devilmarkus

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:54, 16 June 11
Child of Eden
I saw your posted trailer... Looks a bit too abstract for me ;)

McKlain

Well my thoughts about Duke Nukem Forever are similar to the ones of Bill Hicks about Basic Instinct  ;D

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:54, 16 June 11after Child of Eden

YES! Tetsuya Mizuguchi is a goddamned genius. I loved Space Channel 5 part 1 and 2 and Rez.

Gryzor

Well, it's a shooter on rails. IIRC the trailer was not much, but there's no clear in-game video yet. The original Alice was ace and been waiting ever since... has it been 12 years already?!?

McKlain

Quote from: Kangaroo MusiQue on 17:10, 16 June 11
As i am a Mac user since a few years, i am thinking about buying a PC for Duke Nukem. or a PS3? Or a XBOX360? What shall i buy - wich one is the best plattform for having some fun with duke. I played the old version half of my life :-)

Save your money, honestly.

Devilmarkus

As i am a Mac user since a few years, i am thinking about buying a PC for Duke Nukem. or a PS3? Or a XBOX360? What shall i buy - wich one is the best plattform for having some fun with duke. I played the old version half of my life :-)

IMO Duke Nukem Forever isnt worth to buy a PC or PS3 especially because THIS game.
There are other, much better games.

Devilmarkus

Well I would always prefer a PC then.
Because I hate consoles ;)

Devilmarkus

McKlain

The game is getting terrible scores on the console version, the pc version is scoring a bit higher, but not that much.

MaV

I read that the PS3 and PC-Version are superior to the Xbox 360.
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

McKlain

Quote from: Kangaroo MusiQue on 22:31, 16 June 11
OK. so maybe an old PC - doesnt looks like DNF needs much resources - looks a bit like the old 3d Engine :-) LOL

I would say that it is poorly optimized too. I've played better looking games on my computer that performed a lot better.

Blurredman

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 16:57, 16 June 11
But an absolute MUST is The Witcher 2 - Assassins of Kings!!!

I purchased Witcher 2 the other day and although my PC is somewhat aged for modern gaming. The lag was a sign of this. 20-30fps was my playing speed.

After doing a clean install for a new graphics card driver, I get from 25-35fps and I can't detect much stuttering. Compared to before it's smooooooth.

One downfall, this game (at present) only supports 16:9, which if I knew, I would have waited until after a positive addition like support for more than one ratio. I for one use 5:4 and to get past that, it creates a letterbox similar to watching a DVD on a square monitor. At present I have tested successfully that 'flawlesswidescreenn' programme and that works well in getting rid of the black bars. However the hud is still in the same place, and as such although it is small, it is in the way!

I should have thought that just supporting widescreen ratio is a bit naive and quite pompous actually in my option.. Esspecially when no such requirement is stated on the box!