News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Electric Dreams - The Barnes Family's journey

Started by mr_lou, 16:10, 10 February 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Cool, you've just ruined my chance of getting anything remotely constructive done tonight :D

Although they should have donned the clothing style of the time, just so that they knew how ridiculous we all looked back then too.

Bryce.

redbox

Yes, can recommend this as saw it on the Beeb first time round.

Definitely a good way to waste some time (I wish!).  :)

Devilmarkus

A typical BBC production! No CPC was harmed during the shows!
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

mr_lou

Sadly the CPC isn't even in the show. In the 2nd episode in the 80ies they have to pick a home computer, but it's done in 1982 so the selection is only between the ones that were available in 1982.

MacDeath

episode 5*6... Sugar rape Sinclair.... :P

Also in "1986" they can't even load a tape for their BBshit computer... should get a CPC6128...

Gryzor

Oooh fantastic! Thanks for the heads-up... I had read about it when it was being produced, will be fun to see. Anyone has a decent TV rip instead of YT?

mr_lou

Hmm, I'm noticing that the YouTube version isn't 100% like the one shown on local television here. The clip about Sinclair selling to Sugar wasn't in the episode here on local television. And I've noticed other clips too that weren't part of the version I saw first. So apparently there are at least 2 versions of this show out there.

Gryzor

Tried looking for a torrent or Rapidshare/Hotfile links, no luck. Let's hope it surfaces somewhere...

Devilmarkus

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:51, 11 February 11
Tried looking for a torrent or Rapidshare/Hotfile links, no luck. Let's hope it surfaces somewhere...

Try Firefox plugin "DownloadHelper" or similar and DL the videos from YT directly...
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

Well, yes, except that the quality is real crappy and they're split in 8-min segments...

Shredder11

As with all programmes of this nature, it all depended on where you lived as to what experience you had.  I live in Yorkshire whereas this programme has a Southern bias.
Amstrad CPC6128, 3.5" Ext' Floppy, SD HxC Floppy Emulator

MaV

Quote from: Shredder11 on 17:47, 29 April 11
As with all programmes of this nature, it all depended on where you lived as to what experience you had.  I live in Yorkshire whereas this programme has a Southern bias.

I'm burning to hear of some differences!

Some topics they mentioned were valid throughout Europe (the exact timeline may differ). My wife and I were enjoying the flashback a lot, and we had a lot of deja vus, though we lived a few countries apart.

MaV
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

MacDeath

Anyway, they can't even load some speccy game...
They should have waited 2 more days and get a good CPC6128... ::)