News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

From Amstrad to Hollywood: How Prince of Persia hit the big screen

Started by Gryzor, 08:58, 21 May 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Source

Game-to-film adaptations have largely proved to be blockbuster flops. So   why does programmer Jordan Mechner believe this month's Prince of   Persia movie will buck the trend? David Crookes finds out.

ukmarkh

Why Amstrad? It should have read, 'From Apple to Hollywood'. Makes no sense at all to use amstrad name in there. 

fano

You are true, i can not remember a good movie from game (but i already saw good game from movie) so it is another movie based on a great game...

...we don't need this, playing the game is already far better than looking any movie  :blank:

(What ? am i a game extremist ? yes !)
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

Gryzor

Silent Hill was great. Resident Evil was great, too.

@ukmarkh: exactly my comment :D

arnoldemu

Quote from: ukmarkh on 13:20, 21 May 10
Why Amstrad? It should have read, 'From Apple to Hollywood'. Makes no sense at all to use amstrad name in there.
maybe, but the Amstrad version is good ;)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

fano

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:43, 25 May 10
Silent Hill was great. Resident Evil was great, too.
I don't share your point about Resident Evil.For Silent Hill , never played the game or watched the film.I remember too the adaptation of DooM that was one of the worst thing i ever seen (only thing noticeable was the berserk scene)
Movies adapted from (great) games are a bit like movies adapted from (great) books : You loose a lot of things when changing media surely because cinema is not a active media unlike books or games.

Gryzor

Why didn't you like RE? It was exactly what the game is, a shooter/thriller, with some sort of plot thrown in! Do watch Silent Hill, it's a really nice thriller - and the Pyramid Head is just terrifying.

Doom sucks big of course.

fano

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:47, 25 May 10
Why didn't you like RE? It was exactly what the game is, a shooter/thriller, with some sort of plot thrown in! Do watch Silent Hill, it's a really nice thriller - and the Pyramid Head is just terrifying.
The one i saw is "Resident Evil: Apocalypse", i wasn't aware they made 5 movies.I'll take a look to RE & SH.
Speaking of bad adaptations , Street Fighter is one of the worst if not the worst (hail to JCVD , the belgian Chuck Noris!)

mr_lou

Never played Resident Evil nor Silent Hill, but I liked both movies.
First 3 Resident Evil movies are neat. Haven't seen others yet.

But Doom disappointed here too.

Might I recommend Serenity. It's the same kind of "low-budget" quality, but great. I never rented it because of the lame cover, but when I saw a trailer later we had to see it, and we were pleasantly surprised.

ukmarkh

StreetFighter the Manga movie is one of the best video game to movie screen adaptations ever.

Gryzor

Serenity? Is that based on a game? But it does look nice, I'll give it a go maybe tonight...