News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Gershwin vs Two Live Crew (SNFW)

Started by Gryzor, 16:02, 09 June 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

So, maybe you remember how sometime ago I realised that the title tune from Rainbow Islands:

Rainbow Islands - Main Theme [Amiga]

was a remake of Over the Rainbow:

Judy Garland - Over The Rainbow (Subtitiles)
(Judy Garland FTW!).
During the past week I happened to listen to a version of Summertime I hadn't heard before, and the first time it rang a little bell; the second I recognized what it reminded me of! See if you can spot it:

Billy Stewart - Summertime (HQ audio)

2 LIVE CREW,POP THAT PUSSY ALBUM BANNED VERSION (there's a lot sexier -and cheesier- version on YT too, look for it).
Heheh... loved that touch :D
Btw, where does Gershwin fit in all this? Not many people know that Summertime is taken from an Opera of his. Amazing. And this version by Billy Stweart just became my favorite!

MacDeath

also I think a bootleg from Jimy Hendrix also exist...

AMSDOS

I'm familiar with Summertime from the Zombies which they credited it to Gershwin/Heyward, though Billy Stewart makes it razzle with dazzle
Spoiler: ShowHide
(I like it!  :) )
, the Zombies make it a softer jazz feel about it - which is also interesting. Interesting Gershwin seems to be still well regarded for someone whose had stuff coming out in the 1920s! Still they made some popular songs which always seemed to pop up when the time was right - not sure it's come through to this period though.

When it comes to us Aussies people tend to think about "Over the Rainbow" from Guys like Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs which Rock it up a bit!  :laugh:

Or without the Screams!  :laugh:

* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

The Iz version appeared in a move IIRC; but in overall it's been abused by too many artists unfortunately...