News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Greece

Started by Gryzor, 12:13, 03 November 11

Previous topic - Next topic

spybro

When i go down to sleep various thoughts come into mind
this esoterical thoughts are presented with Hellenic language

The problem with Hellas is that most of our politicians
when they go to bed they dont make thoughts in native language
but in
english,russian,german etc etc

If an exodus from EU is what it takes in order to change our mentality on certain matters than bring it on.

(If we depart from the euro currency i ask from the french members special prices when bidding on cpc+ hardware  on ebay :laugh: )

MacDeath

Lol...

This would be dangerous to get paid in Drachme... I mean, from day 1 to day 2 the value would be half...

So, Papa Andréou got kicked out ?

What a demise...

Gryzor

Yes he was, but this doesn't change much... new PM will probably be a (drumroll) banker!!! Way to go to protect the interests of the people!

Bryce

Bankers are people too you know! And a banker is not just for Christmas either :D

Bryce.

Gryzor

Sure they are! Too bad they don't think the rest of us are, too!

ivarf

Has the prices real estate fallen much in Greece? Looking at Norwegian adverts of greek listings they still seem quite expensive. Is the adverts here in Norway showing the truth?

Gryzor

Not really; housing (not sure about other sectors of real estate, such as land) are lagging behind. They have fallen a bit, and you can find some surprisingly cheap flats, but overall they're still holding. Prices in general have not come down - in fact, even though we're in a deep recession, there is inflation...

spybro

Quote from: ivarf on 10:36, 07 November 11
Has the prices real estate fallen much in Greece? Looking at Norwegian adverts of greek listings they still seem quite expensive. Is the adverts here in Norway showing the truth?

I guess this is the dream of many north european citizens
Buy a house in hellas that is
Actually we have waves of north europeans coming to live in hellas when they retire

ivarf buying an apartment in downtown manhattan is cheaper than buying an apartment in a good spot in athens
also the prices have only diclined at a percentage of 5 units

TFM

And I always had the impression that all the north europeans try to move to Munich  :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

There are whole villages where houses have been bought by northerners (especially Brits). A good thing, too, since they had been abandoned to their fate...

TFM

They shall bring their own CPCs ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

AMSDOS

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:32, 08 November 11
There are whole villages where houses have been bought by northerners (especially Brits). A good thing, too, since they had been abandoned to their fate...

:o :o :o  Do you know how cheap is a flat going for??  :o :o :o

I don't know if someone like me could move there, I guess my biggest problem is getting work!  :'( 
Australia just wants to be all class regardless of wherever you live  >:(  Obviously some places are cheaper than others though! Our Environmental sector simply doesn't get the respect it deserves and this Carbon Tax may change the way the company performs since removing the weeds is releasing carbon!  :o  As opposed to planting which is removing carbon. That will be the last nail in the coffin which'll guarantee safe passage for the introduced plants! Stay Tuned!  :'(
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

No flats, only houses. And yea, work is an issue, that's why those buying houses in (semi)abandoned villages are pensioners :)

ivarf

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:32, 08 November 11

I am very surprised that the brits have any money  ;D

Seriously though, I thought they had the same problems as many in  Greece...

Gryzor

Well, those lucky enough to have gone into pension had the time to do it...         

TFM

If they have the money, then they took it form the (now) poor before.
TFM of FutureSoft

AMSDOS

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:46, 15 November 11
No flats, only houses. And yea, work is an issue, that's why those buying houses in (semi)abandoned villages are pensioners :)

But hang on you said this last week:

Quoteand you can find some surprisingly cheap flats

Does this mean that within that week all them cheap flats sold out?!  :o  Not that it matters I'd probably die in Greece if it's Hot and Humid weather!  :(  I prefer Hot and Dry!  ;D  But it probably won't work for me!  :( 
It's them Bloody Baby Boomers (The BBB) which ruin it for the rest of us, only thinking of themselves, they are so selfish - true I'm stereotyping, though I'm only accusing the guilty!  >:(

Your Computer Programs

rexbeng

@CP/M
Well, it really comes down to what you are looking for. I have a thing for urban scenery, so ocassionaly I'm browsing real estate ads and sometimes I even go over to visit the flat and take some photos of the view. So, here are a few examples of cheap top-floor you can get near the historical center of Athens (which, in my opinion, is the most interesting place). Obviously older buildings are cheaper on the asking price, but you shouldn't be very alarmed - from my experience most old flats will end up looking very sexier than newer ones (for example in the 60s and 70s they used to make much higher ceilings and really wider balconies), if you are willing to throw in extra money to fix them  ;)

http://www.tospitimou.gr/main/property_details.jsp?propertyId=325503
http://www.tospitimou.gr/main/property_details.jsp?propertyId=435020
http://www.tospitimou.gr/main/property_details.jsp?propertyId=552313
http://www.tospitimou.gr/main/property_details.jsp?propertyId=370216&proposalId=6160
That last one used to have an asking price, duh! I don't remember exactly but maybe it was something arround 100k - a bit expensive for the flat's size (57sm) but take a look at the size of the veranta and the view! :P

Oh, I really am not into the real estate buisness, I'm not making a sale here  :P

rb

Bryce

Wow, 42K for an apartment! That's what a single car garage cost in Cologne :D

Bryce.

AMSDOS

Quote from: rexbeng on 12:14, 16 November 11
@CP/M
Well, it really comes down to what you are looking for. I have a thing for urban scenery, so ocassionaly I'm browsing real estate ads and sometimes I even go over to visit the flat and take some photos of the view. So, here are a few examples of cheap top-floor you can get near the historical center of Athens (which, in my opinion, is the most interesting place). Obviously older buildings are cheaper on the asking price, but you shouldn't be very alarmed - from my experience most old flats will end up looking very sexier than newer ones (for example in the 60s and 70s they used to make much higher ceilings and really wider balconies), if you are willing to throw in extra money to fix them  ;)

http://www.tospitimou.gr/main/property_details.jsp?propertyId=325503
http://www.tospitimou.gr/main/property_details.jsp?propertyId=435020
http://www.tospitimou.gr/main/property_details.jsp?propertyId=552313
http://www.tospitimou.gr/main/property_details.jsp?propertyId=370216&proposalId=6160
That last one used to have an asking price, duh! I don't remember exactly but maybe it was something arround 100k - a bit expensive for the flat's size (57sm) but take a look at the size of the veranta and the view! :P

Oh, I really am not into the real estate buisness, I'm not making a sale here  :P

rb

That's interesting, I did a search and came up with this list of results:

http://www.tospitimou.gr/en/properties_results.jsp?pageNumber=1&searchType=-1

This appartment in Metaxourgeio for 20.000 euros, I could own outright (I think)!  :o  Cause it would need some work done being built in 1960. At the moment the Australian Dollar to Euro is quite good, 0.7491 Euros in our Aust. Dollar. The way I'm heading here in Australia I'll probably need to live in a Tin Box out the back of Burke the prices of home/property is crazy! :( So interesting I could get something in Greece (never thought it would be possible). The main problem for me if I went ahead with that, I'd have to apply for citizenship I suppose, find a steady job (I work in the Environment - Bush & Coastal Settings), I'm not sure what I'm getting into in Metaxourgeio, I only speak English!  :(

Your Computer Programs

Gryzor

@TFM no, both my statements were true. My correction referred to the fact that British pensioners are buying whole houses in villages, not flats.
@Bryce: yeah, but it's not much larger than a garage, a mere 23msq! Of course it does have a great 35msq veranda...
@CP/M: if you move to Metaxourgeio, do bring your own weapons :D Thought it may be a great mid- to long-term investment, it can't stay that bad forever...

AMSDOS

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:58, 17 November 11@CP/M: if you move to Metaxourgeio, do bring your own weapons :D Thought it may be a great mid- to long-term investment, it can't stay that bad forever...

Hmm that makes sense, it could be a business proposal though, simply pay a Bounty Hunter to take the Garbadge out of Metaxourgeio!  :laugh: 

The Cheapest places around here are usally pulled down though!  :o  If it's Housing Commission people have to move elsewhere, though if they own the place outright, they probably get some compensation out of it (be a very small amount!  >:( ).

Guess I'd need my own Guns and Bombs, is it really that bad? Down here it's the Hoons and Road Rage people you have to worry about, always best not to live in a house at the end of a street or round-about and for them Road Rage people a Camera (Still or Movie) in the car so you can take pictures of the Attacker, their car and the Rego plate, if they damage your car send that info to the Police, but never get out of your car and keep the door lock if your car doesn't lock it for you.

Your Computer Programs

khisanth

our next Partner conference will be in ,Santorini Greece next year. My first time to Greece

Gryzor

Ooh, lucky guy! What time of the year?