News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Hello

Started by Jurassicc, 12:29, 03 August 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Jurassicc

Hi,

Little introduction... used to own a CPC464, FD1, etc. back in the Eighties.
Used it for Games and after school programming mostly.
Broke it up and sold it off when i migrated to an Amiga 500 ;-)
Still mad on Amiga's to this day currently running Amiga OS4.1 update2 on a A1XE G3.
Got playing around with an emulator called arnold recently and got hooked on Amstrads again.
So I'm currently repairing a 6128 I've aquired, got the keyboard working,but the floppy drive is duff, so I've order a new band to see if that gets it going.

Thanks for reading.  :D
6128 with Gotek, 464 with DDI-3 & 464 with FD-1

Bryce

Hi Jurassicc,
            welcome to the Forum. There's plenty of hardware tips (including instructions on changing the belt drive) in the wiki. There are also many experienced hardware and software people here who can help you get everything back up and running, if you can't find what you need in the wiki, post your questions here and there'll usually be someone who can put you on the right track (that wasn't meant to be a disk related pun).

Bryce.

Gryzor

It ain't an Amiga if it ain't got an 68xxxx in it.

That said, welcome mate! Hope you find everything you need here - have fun! - though it looks like you've already started doing that with the CPC's restoration... :)

nurgle

Hey, welcome to the forum.

I once received mail from someone who ported Arnold to Amiga OS 4. However I do not own current Amiga Hardware (although I have an A3000), so I could not try it. I don't know if I still have the mail, but maybe it's worth digging?