News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Help us test our 3rd mobile game

Started by mr_lou, 15:17, 01 June 09

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_lou

Hy

We (girlfriend and me, LuBlu Entertainment) have finally put our 3rd mobile game into betatest phase.
If you'd like to help us test, please PM me.
You'll need a MIDP2.0 phone with a screen resolution of 176x208 or 176x220 or 240x320
In your PM, let me know which phone you have so I can give you the correct version.

Read about the game here

We appreciate any feedback.

Thanks! :-)

P.S.: If you have a phone with a camera, you can also test my Snap'n'Upload app. It lets you take a photo that then gets uploaded to your FTP server right away.

ukmarkh

I have a Sony Ericsson w800i and Nokia 7000 

mr_lou

Quote from: ukmarkh on 17:01, 01 June 09
I have a Sony Ericsson w800i and Nokia 7000

I don't believe there is a device called Nokia 7000? But I'll send you a PM with the W800 version.

mr_lou

Gryzor

Ah darn this looks so cute... wish it worked in Win Mobile... :(

mr_lou

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:51, 14 June 09
Ah darn this looks so cute... wish it worked in Win Mobile... :(

It does. Most Win Mobiles also have a Java Virtual Machine. It's slow compared to Sony Ericsson phones, but nevertheless should allow you to run Java stuff.
For example, it runs fine on a HTC S710. It also runs on a HTC Diamond, but because the Diamond has a VGA resolution and only uses QVGA, the game is just placed in the center of the screen.
What model do you have?

Gryzor

Quote from: mr_lou on 17:52, 14 June 09
It also runs on a HTC Diamond, but because the Diamond has a VGA resolution and only uses QVGA, the game is just placed in the center of the screen.

Eeeexactly :D I was reading your reply and I was gonna write the same thing but you beat me to it. I've got the Diamond and Java-based games just plain suck :(

mr_lou

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:54, 14 June 09
Eeeexactly :D I was reading your reply and I was gonna write the same thing but you beat me to it. I've got the Diamond and Java-based games just plain suck :(

Well, I've PM'ed you a link anyway, in case you wanna check it out. It'll center place, and you can redefine control keys in Settings. And you only need 3 keys to play.

Gryzor

mr_lou

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:28, 14 June 09
Cheers, will try it out :)

Groovy.
It shouldn't be that difficult for us to make a VGA version. The only reason we haven't done so, is because we thought it wouldn't be worth it.

Gryzor

Well, how many mobiles work in qVGA nowadays? VGA is getting more and more popular, and even wVGA...

Anyhow, I played it, and it's sweet. Like an one-button game but with a twist. Of course the Diamond's controls are never good for games, but anyway. Only one comment, I think that the chopper's reaction (looks a bit logarithmic?) is a bit too much... Also, a good retro-style tune would be sweet :)

mr_lou

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:37, 15 June 09
Well, how many mobiles work in qVGA nowadays? VGA is getting more and more popular, and even wVGA...

Afaik not many actually.

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:37, 15 June 09
Anyhow, I played it, and it's sweet. Like an one-button game but with a twist. Of course the Diamond's controls are never good for games, but anyway. Only one comment, I think that the chopper's reaction (looks a bit logarithmic?) is a bit too much... Also, a good retro-style tune would be sweet :)

Hm, logarithmic? I'm guessing that you're controlling Ukko by holding down the button only? We might have to remove that option, because people think that's the only way to control him. Actually, each press on the pedal-key means he steps a round on the pedal, and thus makes the propellar spin. Holding down the pedal-key equals 5 pedals pr. second. It's merely a kind of auto-pedaling.
The game is quite difficult if you only use auto-pedalling actually. You can rise much faster by pressing the pedal-key multiple times fast - and you need to rise fast some times.  ;)